Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
They probably want bigger name actors in general for a Harry Potter spinoff. I'm sure Arthur will be fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, Johnny Depp's playing Grindelwald so I suppose it makes sense they'd want someone close to the same age to play Dumbledore.

I finally watched that movie the other day and while I liked it, Eddie Redmayne could not be more Eleventh Doctor in it.

Odd British bloke, wanders around dressed sort oddly, has box that's bigger on the inside, magic twig that opens locks and has a companion who has to have their memory erased?

Yeah, JK Rowling watched the gently caress out of Doctor Who.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Odd British bloke, wanders around dressed sort oddly, has box that's bigger on the inside, magic twig that opens locks and has a companion who has to have their memory erased?

Yeah, JK Rowling watched the gently caress out of Doctor Who.

He's also much older than he looks.

(Seriously, I've seen Eddie Redmayne in other things but in Fantastic Beasts he looks and sounds like he's maybe 15. :D)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Longbaugh01 posted:

Next season we'll inexplicably have Rory Gilmore on a CWDCTV show just to further confuse everyone.

YOU HAVE FAILED STARS HALLOW

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

First hints of Supergirl crossover dropped:

Benoist's Supergirl would absolutely 100% do this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Benoist's Supergirl would absolutely 100% do this.

Only if it's an ice cream cake.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I feel Kara doesn't dessert shame and is accepting of all foods

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bad Moon posted:

I feel Kara doesn't dessert shame and is accepting of all foods

Her and Lena gonna catch each other eyeing a chess pie and that's how they'll realize they're compatible

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I saw a recent photo of Mon-El enjoying an ice cream on set or maybe on-camera but forgot about it until now:

http://www.justjared.com/2017/04/10/chris-wood-enjoys-ice-cream-treat-for-supergirl-filming/

...also him and Benoist are dating? Ok.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I found the Time Storm scene a lot funnier than I should have because I'd had a long and annoying day, so when they tried to time jump with 2 copies of each of them and the massive green vortex appeared and just dunked them I was laughing deliriously at what had been established as the Biggest Fuckup that They Could possibly have made. Then they actually did reveal that that had broken time and the laughter returned.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
God damnit. I didn't realize I was posting that Mon-El thing in the Legends thread. I swear that since the hiatus has started all four CWDCTV threads have had posts about every other show and now it's become this muddled...thing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Longbaugh... I think we broke television...

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

BioEnchanted posted:

Longbaugh... I think we broke television...

Sigh. I'd help fix it, but I'm busy making progressively more intricate cakes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I usually try really hard to avoid spoilers about any show in other threads but honestly, the shows crossover in enough ways that it does feel kind of hard not to mention the other ones from time to time. Like, the simple fact that they're not only all a phone call away but make that phone call a fair bit makes it hard to leave them entirely out of the conversation.

I'd excuse Supergirl from this but the Music Meister crossover didn't even really bother to explain to us how you get from the Supergirl universe to the Flash one without speed/vibing/Wellsian powers.

And apparently they just leave notes in history for the Legends based on the Aliens crossover.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

At the end of the Invasion crossover Cisco gave Kara a little portal device that lets her send messages and cross back to the main CW universe whenever she wants.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ahh, I missed/forgot that. My bad.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Summary of the finale: The Legends put the final three pieces of the jigsaw where they are supposed to go, not noticing that while trying to assemble it the surface they are assembling it on was actually a front-loading washing machine. Sara just bumped it with her hip on the way out of the kitchen, turning it on, and upsetting the entire puzzle.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Season 2 is up on Netflix now.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'd actually really like to know what possessed the writers to make Rip's drunken pastime making cakes. Part of me wants to think it is a reference to the Luthor meme...

...And that's terrible.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Gideon: "Captain Hunter, you have done nothing but get drunk and make cakes since the incident. Too Many cakes. You have made 40 cakes Captain!"
Rip, Drunkenly: "4....for.. that's...
Gideon: "That's four tens Captain Hunter, and that's Terrible!"

Alternate scene: Rip, to the crew: "Eobard Thawne has snuck aboard the Waverider, and stolen all of my baked goods out of sheer spite. He took 40 Cakes! That's as many as 4 tens. And that's Terrible!"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 14, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Longbaugh01 posted:

God damnit. I didn't realize I was posting that Mon-El thing in the Legends thread. I swear that since the hiatus has started all four CWDCTV threads have had posts about every other show and now it's become this muddled...thing.

Crisis in Infinite Threads.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I finished season 2.

I wonder what Eobard'll do to get of death this time. It's bound to happen, considering he's the Arrowverse's best villain not named Slade.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished season 2.

I wonder what Eobard'll do to get of death this time. It's bound to happen, considering he's the Arrowverse's best villain not named Slade.
I'm sure Barry will do something to gently caress up the timeline and bring him back again.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

lotus circle posted:

I'm sure Barry will do something to gently caress up the timeline.

Really, you can just leave it at that.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
There's also a bunch of Eobards in other dimensions.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Got round to the final episode. Holy gently caress that was a good 'un. And then it got better.

I especially liked the short turnaround from "Time can deal with it" :c00lbert: to "OH poo poo NO IT CAN'T!" :supaburn:

I liked that Black Flash just had to touch Eobard. No big fight or capturing or anything, just tag him and time remembers he's not meant to exist and then BF is off to Aruba.

Also the Tiny Waverider shooting Dahrk. Hell, everything about the Tiny Waverider.

Oh, and it was great that the good guys finally managed to exploit the fact that anybody can just waltz into Star Labs whenever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donnerberg posted:

There's also a bunch of Eobards in other dimensions.

Ooooh, what if one of the Time Remnant Eobard's made it to Earth 2 and used their Spear of Destiny to make himself real?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
We need a Tiny Waverider and Tiny Superman team-up! Like NOW!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

We need a Tiny Waverider and Tiny Superman team-up! Like NOW!

I secretly hope Legends S3 has them destroying the multiverse and when they piece it back together Supergirl's Earth is merged with the main one so we can have Tiny Clark popping up all over the place.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I secretly hope Legends S3 has them destroying the multiverse and when they piece it back together Supergirl's Earth is merged with the main one so we can have Tiny Clark popping up all over the place.

I was kinda hoping that flashpoint was going to merge the earths somehow. Alas...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

I was kinda hoping that flashpoint was going to merge the earths somehow. Alas...

There's still time for Barry to gently caress everything up

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Thank God this show figured out what kind of show it was and embraced it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

It's never too late for Barry to do something idiotic.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Yeah I don't know why everyone thinks the legends broke time, 3 eps into season 3 we'l find out it was Barry trying to save his relationship with Joe

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

I see what you did there.

Also, the "crisis" in the future newspaper on The Flash isn't infinite Earths, it's Barry's Crisis Of Infinite Fuckups.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

I see what you did there.

Also, the "crisis" in the future newspaper on The Flash isn't infinite Earths, it's Barry's Crisis Of Infinite Fuckups.

The Allen family dining room is gonna get really crowded come next season finale.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

The Allen family dining room is gonna get really crowded come next season finale.

Like this, but Barry Allens

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Like this, but Barry Allens

The entire loving multiverse is doomed and this is the reason we have President Trump somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Give me Supreme Leader Reverse Flash any day.

• Locked thread