Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

Ribbon Girl

Mechanica

Let the fanart commence

Anidav no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The fanart already exists it took maybe 2 seconds on google image search. The internet amazes me sometimes :negative:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Maybe they are sisters!
*one paragraph about isabelle amiibos later*

So you see, that's why Japanese culture has the moral high ground.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Soul Glo posted:

Played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, and the d-pad buttons are surprisingly not complete trash. Not as good as a real d-pad, but not bad enough to send me running towards the PS4 version.

Also I noticed my perfect Switch isn't so perfect. Got some screen lift on the bottom right corner, reminds me of my old Nexus 7, though nowhere near as bad as that device had it-- this is just like baaaarely poking out.

I can press the screen back down but it eases back out pretty quickly. Guessing it didn't get glued properly during construction and the heat of the console has loosened what glue is there. Or maybe it's been like this since I got it and I just didn't notice it :shrug:

Call Nintendo and they will replace your screen. It will only get worse like mine did.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Are Pro Controllers still hard to come by? I was just looking on Amazon.ca and there was one in stock ready for shipment, was I just lucky??? :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Olivil posted:

Are Pro Controllers still hard to come by? I was just looking on Amazon.ca and there was one in stock ready for shipment, was I just lucky??? :psyduck:

I've seen them in stock lately. Most of the hardcore Switch user base has got one by now and the average user is happy with the joycons, so the supply seems to have caught up with demand. But with Mario Kart on the way, sales may pick back up so it's a good time to buy if you want one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want a bomberman 64 esque game please konami do the right thing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Olivil posted:

They have been avalable here with prime . Just gives the extra 1 to 2 day delivery warning.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Oh hey there, I'm just playing some Shovel Knight, sipping some Kirkland coffee. Life is good.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh hey there, I'm just playing some Shovel Knight, sipping some Kirkland coffee. Life is good.

Holy poo poo Kirkland coffee is good. I was so shocked the first time I tried it.

Also Switch is p. cool too. Can't stop tetris demoing.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cojawfee posted:

Call Nintendo and they will replace your screen. It will only get worse like mine did.

What number did you call? The website wants me to make a repairs account, and I'd rather just call 'em.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guys I'm really excited for Mario cart. I haven't played one since double dash.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Norns posted:

Guys I'm really excited for Mario cart. I haven't played one since double dash.

MK8 is extremely good and you will love it. I'm excited for you.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This isn't the Costco thread

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Got excited that amazon has digital gane codes but you don't get the prime discount so what the fuc k

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Stan Taylor posted:

I hear that Costco sells video games, you might try buying one for the Good Nintendo Switch.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Finally beat Plague of Shadows campaign in Shovel Knight. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I guess Walmart doesn't carry carts of Binding of Isaac? I came away with a Pixel Mario amiibo for $5 on clearance, though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cithen posted:

I guess Walmart doesn't carry carts of Binding of Isaac? I came away with a Pixel Mario amiibo for $5 on clearance, though.

I just got my first edition + stickers BoI from walmart, it was hidden away among the 3ds detritus.

Don't think i'll open it though, probably sell it for 150 or so in a few months.

Stan Taylor posted:

Two top tier brands together? you can't BEAT that!

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 14, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cithen posted:

try best buy, the one near me had stacks of them

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just got my first edition + stickers BoI from walmart, it was hidden away among the 3ds detritus.

Don't think i'll open it though, probably sell it for 150 or so in a few months.

I had that thought too, but it's more worth it to me to enjoy the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Finally beat Plague of Shadows campaign in Shovel Knight. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Thanks for spoiling the ending guess I don't need to get this now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Enjoying Mr. Shifty so far. I'm taking it slow at the pace of about a level between Isaac runs. I don't know how long the game will be but if it stays at the level of quality it's been at so far then I'll be satisfied with it. Since Hotline Miami comparisons are inevitable I'll say that Mr. Shifty's visuals and music can't match up to HM at all but the gameplay itself is solid. Unless there's a surprise coming later you don't get guns but there are various objects you can grab as melee weapons and you can also throw them as projectiles with different effectiveness depending on what you're holding. So far the game feels a bit on the easy side since you have the teleport ability. This lets you do cool tricks like having enemies chase you into a room, teleporting back outside and ambushing them from behind. I haven't encountered any cheap difficulty such as enemies shooting you from way outside of your view. I'll have to play more to build upon my impression but if the trailer looks fun to you or you liked using melee weapons in Hotline Miami then it's quite good for $15.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Thanks for spoiling the ending guess I don't need to get this now.

People cheering :crossarms:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

People cheering :crossarms:

:thejoke:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

yeah thanks dude

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

xedo posted:

People also might have bought Zelda while there was a 20% launch discount from amazon prime/best buy club in anticipation of a switch this year. It's likely the best price we'll see for a long time for new copies. I would have done that myself if I wasn't going to get digital.

Has any other game ever hit (or, apparently, exceeded) 100% attach for a console for any period of time? I would imagine Mario 64 got drat close when the N64 launched. I mean, did anybody buy that console solely due to their intense love of launch day Pilotwings?

In Japan, Super Mario 64 had a 100%+ attach rate with the Nintendo 64 for the first few weeks of tracking. In North America, the Wii version of Twilight Princess had a 86% attach rate with the Wii in 2006 (November 2006 + December 2006). In Japan, Wii Sports was sold separately from the Wii system and had an attach rate of 57% after five weeks. Halo 1 is said to have had a 50%~ attach rate with the Xbox by April 2002.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Sunning posted:

In Japan, Super Mario 64 had a 100%+ attach rate with the Nintendo 64 for the first few weeks of tracking. In North America, the Wii version of Twilight Princess had a 86% attach rate with the Wii in 2006 (November 2006 + December 2006). In Japan, Wii Sports was sold separately from the Wii system and had an attach rate of 57% after five weeks. Halo 1 is said to have had a 50%~ attach rate with the Xbox by April 2002.

Breath of the Wild was also multi-platform so maybe they are counting Wii U numbers.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Breath of the Wild was also multi-platform so maybe they are counting Wii U numbers.

The 925,000 is Switch only, the Wii U sold another 460,000 or something like that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

906k switches, 925k zelda switch

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just saw a compilation video of defects with the switch including dead pixels and a ton of other hardware issues. Is this a common thing? I haven't really been keeping up with the thread so sorry if this has been brought up already.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hot sauce posted:

I just saw a compilation video of defects with the switch including dead pixels and a ton of other hardware issues. Is this a common thing? I haven't really been keeping up with the thread so sorry if this has been brought up already.

Nah. As with any new hardware, there are a variety of hardware failures/issues that impact maybe 5% of users but the internet is an echo chamber

Unmature
May 9, 2008

hot sauce posted:

Dunno how common it is, but mine has a dead pixel

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Kashuno posted:

906k switches, 925k zelda switch

I had my Zelda for over a week before they even sent out the switch.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

pippy posted:

I had my Zelda for over a week before they even sent out the switch.

How'd it taste?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hot sauce posted:

The only big issue has been the L Joycon transmitter in the initial batch. Since then it seems like it's died down a ton so it was probably all initial batch woes.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Oh poo poo, I've been getting the joycon thing. Is there a fix for it?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Emron posted:

Use your warranty.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Warranty it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Open it up and add a piece of foam next to the Bluetooth antenna, between it and the big metal box inside. Alternatively solder a new antenna.

• Locked thread