Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Serf posted:

kotor 2 was rushed, but it gets star wars more than anything else not written by lucas

it owns

It gets it more than a lot of poo poo written by Lucas as well, hate to say.

Not as much as Ed Balls gets it though.

Ed gets it folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

The idea that Star Wars is a "significant part of our culture" is laughable nerd bubble poo poo.

It's a tent pole for a merchandising empire. No more, no less.

consumer products are a significant part of our culture and art meant for mass consumption has been so ever since the steve guttenberg bible imo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

you know, realtalk, i was hanging out with punk rock kids when i joined this forum and i think there's a connection between why i found both endearing then and why i sometimes find both insufferable now: everything is always pure negation. you can even take that in the marxist sense. there's never a thesis or a synthesis. it's just "actually, what you like is not good." it's all over social justice communities i'm in too, where everything is problematic and the coolest person is the one who can cut everybody off with why what they like is bad.

anyway, it's annoying and that's why i do a lot of sincereposting now that i am old.

old as ed balls.

sincereposting is good, i do it a lot myself

mostly because i'm not funny enough to have a gimmick

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

all this poo poo is fuckin gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

VectorSigma posted:

tie fighter is the best star wars game that will ever be

You're goddamn right.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it's funny because han solo was like the one role he consistently said in interviews he wasn't interested in doing, though he was always really diplomatic about it "i don't think that would be best for me at this time" or etc. i think it's because he saw star wars ruin everyone's career except his and carrie fisher's.

then he finally becomes han solo again when the script calls for him to get stabbed :thinking_emoji:
Hamill's career wasn't destroyed

2DCAT posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: I've been summoned to testify to Congress again and would like to wear the CSPAM hand drawn :think_face: as a pin lapel. PLS help me you artsy people in making this dumb dream a reality... If done, I'll do my best to make a dumb enough statement to get on the youtubes

Why are you testifying?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

how long did the monastic narrative of unattached Jedi last in the EU until Luke got a smokin' hot redhead super Jedi wife

wasn't it also a ladyclone of himself made from his severed hand from empire

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

yep i never forget a sick lifehack

watching americans learn how tae eat flake is hilarious especially when they havent frozen it

sometimes ye can be a rite dick tae yer m8s an jest hand em a flake thats not cold or frozen and :allears: as they lick chocolate poo from their fingers, hands, arms and shirt :q:

yer supposed tae stickit in yer vanilla cream ya mug, strawberry glaze on and bang, ice cream day in fkn london like a tourist

its not a life hack, its a way o life fam

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

you know, realtalk, i was hanging out with punk rock kids when i joined this forum and i think there's a connection between why i found both endearing then and why i sometimes find both insufferable now: everything is always pure negation. you can even take that in the marxist sense. there's never a thesis or a synthesis. it's just "actually, what you like is not good." it's all over social justice communities i'm in too, where everything is problematic and the coolest person is the one who can cut everybody off with why what they like is bad.

anyway, it's annoying and that's why i do a lot of sincereposting now that i am old.

old as ed balls.

A really good sincerepost that I agree with.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ramadu posted:

the best jedi was the dude from dark forces

katarn owned, basically stayed a hustler and a smuggler even after he got godlike powers from microscopic bullshit in his blood

Serf
May 5, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

KOTOR 2 is the only Star Wars thing I've seen that doesn't make the Sith out to be total idiot fuckwits because it dials down a little on the YES HAHHAHA POWER!! poo poo and focuses on them believing the supremacy of passion and emotion and poo poo

this is what the new "EU" stuff is doing. sith are all about freedom and poo poo

space libertarians

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trash Trick posted:

all this poo poo is fuckin gay

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baloogan posted:

imo firefly shoulda got a bunch of games

i really want a super groggy firefly game

Despite how sick I am of Firefly, and the fans who still cling to it, :yeah:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

deadgoon posted:

of course both sides arent the same

one side thinks black people are the untermensch, while the other one thinks its rednecks

this is unfair

not all racist people have red necks

Serf
May 5, 2011

Majorian posted:

It gets it more than a lot of poo poo written by Lucas as well, hate to say.

Not as much as Ed Balls gets it though.

Ed gets it folks.

unfortunately incorrect but so it goes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

KOTOR 2 is the only Star Wars thing I've seen that doesn't make the Sith out to be total idiot fuckwits because it dials down a little on the YES HAHHAHA POWER!! poo poo and focuses on them believing the supremacy of passion and emotion and poo poo

uh aren't both the sith villians completely falling apart because they have nothing except anger and an empty void, respectively

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ i know how to eat cornflakes u arent special

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

gently caress I wish this was a festival instead of a vinyl collection that somehow includes spray-paint street artists

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Baloogan posted:

imo firefly shoulda got a bunch of games

i really want a super groggy firefly game

they made a pen & paper rpg

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Movies gonna own, mostly because Rian Johnson is good and Mark Hamill is back and actually in the movie.

Colin Trevorrow and Jurassic World are bad though so I fear for that movie.

Jurassic World owned because lmao their plan was to market velociraptors powered by verizon (tm) in afghanistan to hun isis.

and they put the t-rex pen next to the hotel lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i give Trump room temperature flakes all the time without a doubt

eat poo, u need more variety in your diet that isnt well piss ya?~

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

I don't think so, though in Last Command he does briefly fight a mad clone of himself made from his severed hand that a mad Jedi clone swiped from the Emperor's rathole on Wayland.

Unless someone later retconned Mara Jade into being a female clone of him somehow which would be supremely stupid so now that I think about it, maybe?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

2DCAT 2DCAT 2DCAT 2DCAT

buy this pin and then whack it with a hammer or smash it in a vice or partially melt it or smth then polish the rough edges

http://allrandom.bigcartel.com/product/thinking-emoji-pin

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nichael posted:

Hamill's career wasn't destroyed
people say this but how many movies or other major productions did he appear in after star wars, what exactly did those performances leverage him into?

he got a steady gig as the joker which eventually turned into the arkham series of games, but that was what, like 15 years of remaking himself from being luke skywalker? and even after that the best non star wars thing he could land was some bullshit in loving star citizen?

his career was over after star wars lol, he just had the gumption to make a new career from scratch.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

2015: new Star Wars erases the EU

2016: Britain votes to leave the EU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't think so, though in Last Command he does briefly fight a mad clone of himself made from his severed hand that a mad Jedi clone swiped from the Emperor's rathole on Wayland.

Unless someone later retconned Mara Jade into being a female clone of him somehow which would be supremely stupid so now that I think about it, maybe?

oh wait i'm confusing her with LUUKE

hahahaha luuuuuuke goddamn

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

no mara jade was the emperors hand as an assassin and stuff

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I have a copy of that in a box somewhere :shepicide:

In my defense I bought it when it was a tie in to Serenity

Serf
May 5, 2011

Coolguye posted:

people say this but how many movies or other major productions did he appear in after star wars

he got a steady gig as the joker which eventually turned into the arkham series of games, but that was what, like 15 years of remaking himself from being luke skywalker? and even after that the best non star wars thing he could land was some bullshit in loving star citizen?

his career was over after star wars lol, he just had the gumption to make a new career from scratch.

dude got into a car wreck and was all hosed up for a while and then he went to make a bunch of weird movies in japan apparently

he said at some point he got into voice acting because he was self-conscious about his face after the accident

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Shout out to this guy

Hangin out all day at his outer space bar with the huuuuuuge bong he built w/ IG-88's head

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Hamil's career ended when his pretty boy face got destroyed by an irl version of Wampas, the automobile

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ya i know, friend of mine has a story about playing it and how 4/5 players were `companions` and basically solved everything through whoring.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like to think each new clone gets an additional repeated vowel

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Apparently it's a rule for insane clones to misspell their names.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[walks into the thread] good morning

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Yinlock posted:

sincereposting is good, i do it a lot myself

mostly because i'm not funny enough to have a gimmick

gimmicks are :effort: that i both admire and am puzzled at. like, think of the dedication toblerone triangle guy had to put in for like years to consistently play a batshit crazy person. i wonder if that poo poo changes you.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Serf posted:

dude got into a car wreck and was all hosed up for a while and then he went to make a bunch of weird movies in japan apparently

he said at some point he got into voice acting because he was self-conscious about his face after the accident

He starred in the live action version of THE GUYVER and it loving ruled. the anime and both live action movies

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yinlock posted:

reinstating the draft would probably end trump completely

Absolutely, but I don't see how he gets ground troops without one for a big war and he's absolutely going to start a big war

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yinlock posted:

uh aren't both the sith villians completely falling apart because they have nothing except anger and an empty void, respectively

yeah one of the great ironies of kotor 2 is that if you go get yourself killed in the first 15 minutes the villains would also have been defeated with very similar lead-up events. you spend most of the game raging against rage and attempting to make the void no more, but realistically you might as well not have bothered.

owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Lmao that tori moved to a new forum, didn't change his gimmick at all, and still get as many bites

• Locked thread