Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Supergiant gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've seen the Dark Souls one with 'you died' on the back a few times and it's insulting

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Is Wolfenstein New Order worth $6?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Franchescanado posted:

It's worth a lot more than that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

I live above a pool store and the person operating the pool store was running a generator down there and when they closed up the store, they left the generator on and the generator says not to operate indoors or else because it emits carbon monoxide and can kill in minutes if left running in an enclosed space. Had to open up the windows and ventilate the apartment and go downstairs and pull open their garage door in order to shut off the generator.
you had better raise holy loving hell about it and ruin his god drat day or I am gonna give you the biggest noogie

Nate RFB posted:

A nice girl at the register at my Stop & Shop thought my Zelda Triforce fangamer shirt was really neat.
Heh, a girl at a Stop and Shop near me also liked this Metroid shirt I have. Do you happen to live in Massachusetts? :v:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What about Wolfenstein The Old Blood? They're both in the Flash Sale for $6

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

Heh, a girl at a Stop and Shop near me also liked this Metroid shirt I have. Do you happen to live in Massachusetts? :v:

The real question is if either of you were successful in asking her out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stop and shop... eh...

big y crew

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Publix Lyfe

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

eh, a girl at a Stop and Shop near me also liked this Metroid shirt I have. Do you happen to live in Massachusetts? :v:
Yea I went to NEU and got a job from my co-op so I stayed in the area.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HEH

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

I've seen the Dark Souls one with 'you died' on the back a few times and it's insulting

I'm not really a graphic tees kind guy (aside from the odd super loud and tacky one for house parties like this) but I've seen a lot of Solaire shirts that I like because of how understated they are.

Franchescanado posted:

Unless you absolutely hates FPSes and/or are allergic to (really good and dynamic) cover systems and (really good and fun) stories then yes, it's absolutely fantastic.

e.

Franchescanado posted:

It's definitely weaker than TNO, both in terms of the (lack of) story and the fact that the actual levels and setpieces are way less fun: the first third of the game is a protracted stealth sequence with you escaping from a prison by shanking guards and sneaking around minigun-toting frankensteins, and the final act is loving zombies :nallears: but if you're thirsty for more TNO then it'll give you a few good hours.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 14, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raxivace posted:

I think you made the right call. That person could have been wearing that NieR shirt as a part of elaborate long con they were trying to pull. For all you know, they've been staking you out for months, studying your every move, your every purchase, building a psychological profile in order to easily manipulate you. After tricking you into thinking you've made a friend, they pull the rug out from under you and steal your wallet before running away wildly into a crowded street. You could try and give chase, but alas CJacobs they may be too fast for you.

Just preemptively ignoring them was clearly the safer move, and probably one they weren't expecting.

actually, cjacobs being a socially awkward weirdo is the one thing they probably were expecting

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Raserys posted:

ps4 isn't going to sell 160m, not by any chance, no matter what happens.

Yes, it is unlikely that PS4 will match the most successful console in history. That doesn't mean it's doomed, it's still doing great. Consoles have a lot of life in them and always will.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Franchescanado posted:

New Order is better but Old Blood is still decent if you finish that and want more.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Thanks a lot. Now I just spend 18 bucks on the flash sale :colbert:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

There's definitely embarrassing gamer merch and there's something to be said about wearing what's essentially advertisements as clothes, but I think if you love video games you shouldn't be worried that someone might know your t-shirt is about video games.

It reminds me of that N-gage marketing strategy that relied on the idea that it was embarrassing to be seen playing games in public.

That Cloud experience level t-shirt is pretty dang cringe-worthy. Admittedly, I have a few game t-shirts but they're just silly designs from threadless and that one goon-run shop that did that design mashing up the Action Comics #1 cover with Superman and Sabin wrestling the train in FF6.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

That Cloud experience level t-shirt is pretty dang cringe-worthy. Admittedly, I have a few game t-shirts but they're just silly designs from threadless and that one goon-run shop that did that design mashing up the Action Comics #1 cover with Superman and Sabin wrestling the train in FF6.

To be fair, at least half the reason it's cringe-worthy is that antagnonistic shirts are loving dumb.

Video-game themed or not, any shirt that's like "don't piss me off" is cringey as gently caress.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lakbay posted:

The real question is if either of you were successful in asking her out
no because hitting on people while they're working is a super lovely and creepy thing to do, my ex-roommate used to have to deal with that all the time. I did tell them where they could get one if they wanted, they already knew of the site though. yeah it's a real good parody tbh, way more effort put in than most parody works(also it's samus and samus owns)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wish more places would do work shirts of fake companies, I love those.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, what about Valley? It looks pretty cool, and it's also $6

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I started playing Wolfenstein on November 9 2016. It was both cathartic and chilling

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue posted:

Supergiant gets it

i have both of their tshirts and they might genuinely be the nicest tshirts i own

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Raserys posted:

You will never be able to afford a Switch as it happened with wii U. It will stick to the nonsense us$300 forever, because why not?. Before they down it to the right price they prefer to burn in hell slowly, like a roasted ckicken.

What I see this gen is exactly as what happened with ps2 gen, but in a different way. Now ps4 is the most powerful, but people rejects to accept the others are cheating them, and of course, ps4 isn't going to sell 160m, not by any chance, no matter what happens.

So, make you a favour and buy a ps4 unless you already have it, then spend the money you have in games for it.

Reggie isn't going to laught at me in my face :)

welcome friend

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
A quick question concerning Persona 5: During battles, does it have only one song during the whole game (sans boss battles) or are there others? My brother burned out of Persona 4 because the battles would only have that one song and the grinding is more or less compulsory. I'm curious if this is still the case with the new installment.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpdyXLJiiw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

A quick question concerning Persona 5: During battles, does it have only one song during the whole game (sans boss battles) or are there others? My brother burned out of Persona 4 because the battles would only have that one song and the grinding is more or less compulsory. I'm curious if this is still the case with the new installment.

You don't need to grind in Persona games

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rexroom posted:

My brother burned out of Persona 4 because the battles would only have that one song and the grinding is more or less compulsory.

It's such a good song tho

Also lol if you had to grind in P4

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3WW5EedBYY&t=99s

Of all the bleak and crazy alt-history stuff Wolfenstein did, Jimi Hendrix as your surprise parallel timeline base buddy was easily the most :krad:.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Technically you have to grind up social stats but you don't have to grind combat levels in persona 3/4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rexroom posted:

Having songs that repeat endlessly and get stuck in your head (BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T HURT NOBODY HEY HEY WITH A BURNIN' DESIRE BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T HURT NO BODY HEY HEY) is kind of one of Persona's things.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

precision posted:

Having songs that repeat endlessly and get stuck in your head (BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T HURT NOBODY HEY HEY WITH A BURNIN' DESIRE BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T HURT NO BODY HEY HEY) is kind of one of Persona's things.

I have no idea what you're ohhh yeah. Doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo. BABY BABY. Doo doo doodoo doo doo doodoo~

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Reading about the bomb scene in MGSV makes it seem pretty tasteless but if it was like a Sonya Blade fatality in Mortal Kombat I'd probably laugh instead.

Tone makes a difference. In Mortal Kombat games, there's a degree of camp/absurdity that makes the absolute visceral violence you're seeing a non-factor (unless you're squeamish, which I get), because it's so over the top, and if you have a dark sense of humour, you can even chuckle along to some of the sillier fatalities and X-ray moves. I also suspect the absurdity of it is absolutely intentional.

With the Metal Gear thing, there's absurdity in attaching an explosive to somebody's junk, but I don't buy it as darkly humourous. It's just a gross, lovely thing that's completely tone-deaf.

I don't want to sound like I'm pandering here, but I am so tired of writers deciding that rape is the ultimate villainous thing. Not to downplay rape and what it does to people, but surely you can come up with something else that's villainous that will suit your story.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mentioned this before but I would like Persona combat better if their one battle song didn't have lyrics, I don't usually become hyper aware of combat music and its repetitiveness except in those games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You never see it comiiiiiiii

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this is part of me. Persona !!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Tone makes a difference. In Mortal Kombat games, there's a degree of camp/absurdity that makes the absolute visceral violence you're seeing a non-factor (unless you're squeamish, which I get), because it's so over the top, and if you have a dark sense of humour, you can even chuckle along to some of the sillier fatalities and X-ray moves. I also suspect the absurdity of it is absolutely intentional.

With the Metal Gear thing, there's absurdity in attaching an explosive to somebody's junk, but I don't buy it as darkly humourous. It's just a gross, lovely thing that's completely tone-deaf.

I don't want to sound like I'm pandering here, but I am so tired of writers deciding that rape is the ultimate villainous thing. Not to downplay rape and what it does to people, but surely you can come up with something else that's villainous that will suit your story.

You just reminded me of The Darkness, which was so off-puttingly mean-spirited and lovely that it made me angry just to watch clips of it on youtube.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

precision posted:

Well it was enough to make my brother quit playing P4 altogether. Different strokes and so on.

Still waiting for answers to the question, though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

I mentioned this before but I would like Persona combat better if their one battle song didn't have lyrics, I don't usually become hyper aware of combat music and its repetitiveness except in those games

Shadow Hearts: From the New World was particularly bad about this because its music is intentionally dissonant and weird but its battle theme has some kind of native American chant in it that sounds just enough like actual words to be distracting and gets played over and over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1EFHMwKdkY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

Still waiting for answers to the question, though.

I'm close to end game but yes there's only been one song for normal encounters

• Locked thread