Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Entropic posted:

Oh poo poo

This seems good in more than just limited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Eschatos posted:

Looks like a copy editor hosed up.

Amonkhet has two suns

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Eschatos posted:

Holy poo poo Edric tech?!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

End of Life Guy posted:

Amonkhet has two suns

As silently the

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

It should be "as silently as".

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

End of Life Guy posted:

Amonkhet has two suns

Second Sunrise conspicuously absent :frog:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Necronomicon posted:

Aaaaaaand done. Isle of Cards, incidentally, is my new favorite place to order from.

They are my favorite place to buylist cards for sure, since I can get cardhoarder credit as well. They are great to work with.

Also the art in this set is pretty drat good on the whole.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

GeneX posted:

As silently the

Hahahaha MS Word would have caught that

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Trespasser's Curse is a silly Pauper sideboard card.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
edit nm

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Imagine being this guy

It's me, the copy editor for Magic

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I'm hoping Hour Of Devastation is a shard set.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
There's definitely some sort of gold set coming soon. The 5-color rare land doesn't make sense in this current Standard since BFZ and converge were expected to be rotating out when Amonkhet was being designed.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Eschatos posted:

Still not as funny as them loving up the Monarch token in Conspiracy 2.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Maybe Atlazan is multicolor?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

So the new -1/-1 producer works with Druid because it modifies the counter going on not outright preventing it like Melira?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Alaan posted:

So the new -1/-1 producer works with Druid because it modifies the counter going on not outright preventing it like Melira?

Something like that. If the -1/-1 was part of the effect of the ability instead of part of the cost, it would work with Melira. I think Vizier works because you can still pay the cost, but then that cost gets altered. Someone ask Matt Tabak.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Alaan posted:

Yep.

White creature says "If x counters placed, x-1 instead," so when you try to place a counter on the green creature as part of its ability's cost, the replacement effect makes it free.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The nice thing about that combo is both halves of it can get brought back with Return to the Ranks.

Which is not at instant speed, sadly :(

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

love this beetle and his big ol hat

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

The nice thing about that combo is both halves of it can get brought back with Return to the Ranks.

Which is not at instant speed, sadly :(

If instant speed is important to you then you can play rally the ancestors, but you really don't want to play either. Eternal witness and renegade rallier get the combo piece they killed back and are much better cards independently.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
You could play the new combo in a bant company/chord shell and play trinket mage to find ballista with. Might be easier than building around Traverse and let's you put a little trinket mage package in the sideboard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

Oh poo poo

can't wait to kill someone durdleing around with this with my deck of 2 mana 3/4s

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cueno and Huey are talkin' 'bout Amonkhet cards

https://www.twitch.tv/pantheonmagic

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

this card kicks rear end, can't wait to die durdleing around with this to a deck of 2 mana 3/4s

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

You could play the new combo in a bant company/chord shell and play trinket mage to find ballista with. Might be easier than building around Traverse and let's you put a little trinket mage package in the sideboard.

Also lets you find Mishra's Baubles :mrgw:

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
If you tweaked Abzan company a little bit you could just jam the vizier-druid combo in there, replacing all the meliras and anafenzas. Maybe there's a strong infinite mana sink that fits in the shell (green god?) or maybe you just use the mana to try to company and eternal witness into the finks combo.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm expecting so many bad players to not recognize/understand that the attack trigger doesn't need to have a counter to remove in order to place a counter

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Pffft, "what can you do with infinite green mana"

Just play less shocklands and Hurricane your opponent. Worst result is a draw.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why is it only "bad players" who might not understand the "and" is exclusive and not inclusive, what is with this thread and wanting to poo poo on people who might just be newer or not know the rules as well

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

why is it only "bad players" who might not understand the "and" is exclusive and not inclusive, what is with this thread and wanting to poo poo on people who might just be newer or not know the rules as well

bad player spotted lol

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from wizards, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate planeswalker, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.#WOTC

Also is that an actual employee who works for the company? Glad I never follow the story nonsense.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just a quick mention, the Amonkhet Pre-Prerelease has started with Aaron Forsythe, Sr. Design Director for MtG, building his deck.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Just lol if you never bother to consider what "eternal youth" actually includes.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played regularly since Born of the Gods but this seems like an interesting set to get back into it.

Am I mistaken to think that Faith of the Devoted triggers twice when you cycle?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Worth noting that the green god is a chordable, companyable sink for that infinite mana you just generated

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

eatenmyeyes posted:

I haven't played regularly since Born of the Gods but this seems like an interesting set to get back into it.

Am I mistaken to think that Faith of the Devoted triggers twice when you cycle?

You are. Cycling is discarding. It's similar to if a card said "whenever you play a blue or green creature" and you played a blue and green creature. It'd only happen once.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Onean posted:

Just a quick mention, the Amonkhet Pre-Prerelease has started with Aaron Forsythe, Sr. Design Director for MtG, building his deck.

This is an incredibly boring stream.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Then why not just have the card say "whenever you discard"? Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

eatenmyeyes posted:

Then why not just have the card say "whenever you discard"? Am I missing something?

Because of the opposite question: "Does this trigger when I cycle?"

• Locked thread