Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
There's no loving way the Raptors are losing to the Bucks. You heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Bruno aka the Giannis Stopper

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's no loving way the Raptors are losing to the Bucks. You heard it here first.

I personally removed the raptors psychic playoff curse last year. This year I'm saying the Bucks have the spirit and only intense play by PJ Tucker and extremely poor shooting by the Bucks could reverse their inevitable march to victory.

Mike Lowry? Too busy with police business to shoot off the dribble threes in Malcom Brogdon's face
Kendrick "Demar" Deroazan: Khris Middleton will shut him down like a computer after initiation of the shut down sequence.
Jonas Valanciunas: Totally matched in the post by Greg Monroe
How will they guard Giannis?

Without Jabari parker's poor defense weighing them down, the Bucks are free. The Raptors are trapped in a light musecage of their own design.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Bucks gonna win in 6 now that you posted this

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dejan Bimble posted:

I personally removed the raptors psychic playoff curse last year. This year I'm saying the Bucks have the spirit and only intense play by PJ Tucker and extremely poor shooting by the Bucks could reverse their inevitable march to victory.

Mike Lowry? Too busy with police business to shoot off the dribble threes in Malcom Brogdon's face
Kendrick "Demar" Deroazan: Khris Middleton will shut him down like a computer after initiation of the shut down sequence.
Jonas Valanciunas: Totally matched in the post by Greg Monroe
How will they guard Giannis?

Without Jabari parker's poor defense weighing them down, the Bucks are free. The Raptors are trapped in a light musecage of their own design.

Actually noone will stop Lowry and Derozen. Giannis has to score 40+ points a game to win and we'll see how he does that while terrified of PJ Tucker. And is there anyone on the Bucks that will prevent Patches Patterson and Sergio from having a 3 point party?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Anyway this is the correct answer

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Houston/OKC seems like a toss up. If OKC defends like crazy and the refs ignore Harden's fake shots, they have a very good chance.

I hope Nurkic is healthy enough to score a lot against the Warriors

There's something odd about Clippers /Jazz. Something feels wrong. If George Hill is still hurt it's already over, if not, then the Jazz have the depth to take it to 7 games.

I will never make predictions about the Spurs again. They lose when they should win, they win when they should lose.JaMychal Green

The Bulls might need Christiano Felicio to lock down Al Horford to have a chance

Cleveland /Indiana is going to be funny
Washington Atlanta will be confusingly close but Washington will easily win

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Wait is Bruno actually in the NBA now

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The biggest hurdle for the Raps is their home court advantage. That crowd is so loving hype. It always fucks with them for game 1.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Actually noone will stop Lowry and Derozen. Giannis has to score 40+ points a game to win and we'll see how he does that while terrified of PJ Tucker. And is there anyone on the Bucks that will prevent Patches Patterson and Sergio from having a 3 point party?

Ibaka is a coward on offense in the playoffs. He lost his will. Mirza Teletovic will intimdate Patches Patterson and match his offensive output.

Matthew Dellavedova will injure whoever is having the best games for Toronto. This is wrapped up.

The Bucks only weakness is that they will have to play Tony Smell and Jason Terry

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 14, 2017

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Beverley asked about MVP race, "that poo poo is over with. That means nothing now."

keep on being you, beverley

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hope Lance blows LeBron again

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

I'm glad you are enjoying the greatest sport in the world and welcome to the ride here is the one and only rule: never get comfortable. Whether up or down 100000000000 never doubt this teams ability to blow a lead or take lead

From several pages back, but considering that's the Rocket's M.O. also, we might have a wild, whacky Round 1.

Or not. Probably not.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

There are more Armenians in Glendale than little Armenia so it gets the designation. That's ust my opinion as a Los Feliz for life paying 100% of salary in rent lifestyle ride or die stuck in the middle of lil armenia and glendale.

I live in Long Beach, land of Westbrooke, so he gets my MVP vote.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Punkin Spunkin posted:

They are going to get tangled up in a pile of limbs and no one will be able to get them separated

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bucks will lose but hope for plays like this

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/stat...88%2Fframe.html

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
East

Celtics scrape by in a series that is tougher than a lot of people expect.
Cavs toy with the Pacers awhile but easily win once they are kind of in trouble.
Raptors should dismantle the Bucks although I give a slight "team too young to know it's supposed to lose" possibility to Bucks.
Wizards are probably gonna win but the Hawks give them a fight it doesn't look like they had in them.

West
Warriors win easily but the series might appear close to casuals because the Blazers will take and make a lot of bad bullshit and the Warriors will occasionally be content to have a bad shot contest with them.
I have a lot of love for the Grizzlies and will be cheering for them but this is a bad matchup for them especially without Tony Allen so the Spurs win this.
Rockets vs Thunder is your first round main event. Numbers say Rockets should win but this, but it will be a rollercoaster.
I think the Clippers narrowly get past a game Jazz team, although if it goes the other way I won't be shocked. Or Blake Griffin remembers Maybe He's a Lion.

Hand Row posted:

Bucks fans

Yeah this forum just is crawling with Bucks fans.

Rick fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 14, 2017

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

MVP: Russ
DPOY: Gobert
MIP: Giannis
6MOY: Ish Smith
ROY: Embiid and if you disagree you are providing consent for him to dunk on you at any moment in this calendar year, at any time, in any place. Be warned.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
EvanTH and I officially declared we were bucks fans and all posts to the contrary were a joke sometime before midseason

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I am a Giannis fan and a delly fan go bucks bitch

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I meant being a Bucks fan through the dark times and a local, not my primary team is the Pistons so I need to look elsewhere or I love Giannis highlights.

Edit: I am posting this from the newly opened Pabst brewery in the old Pabst church that is up on a hill that looks down on the new arena.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 14, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Does Casey finally get fired if they get downed by the Bucks?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/852953711697592321

The buck stops with me. But holy poo poo are these players bad and them along with the coaches didn't do their job.

Like who's the rear end in a top hat that gave these players these contracts.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I like the idea of the Bucks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You heard it here first: if Nurkic is healthy and at least one non-center starter from the warriors isn't feeling great, the Blazers can do it. It's been 10 years since the 8th seed warriors beat #1 Dallas.

Slightly more realistically, OKC making it out of the west would be the greatest outcome for basketball.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

looking forward to the long-rumored Playoff Wade who occasionally plays defense instead of doing the thing when thinks he is fouled and then while the other team is on the break he goes over to the sidelines and starts working on an official complaint to the league office with half glasses and a giant old-fashioned typewriter.

I once waited for playoff Rondo to show up on my team. What I witnessed was basically the opposite of the myth I had heard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

From several pages back, but considering that's the Rocket's M.O. also, we might have a wild, whacky Round 1.

Or not. Probably not.

Thunder in 6 baby

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ungratek posted:

Brog Don is cool and good and a nice guy and I'm ok with him winning RoY

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/852939692408320000

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Metapod posted:

Thunder in 6 baby

Thunder sweep :getin:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Gimme the Jazz because I want Quin to do well

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Thunder in 6 baby

The only way I see Thunder winning is if Adams has been coasting the last 20 games to turn it up come playoffs, a la Serge last year, because frankly he (Adams) has looked tired and like poo poo to me.

edit- of course the rookies Sabonis and Abrines could step up like vets

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

The only way I see Thunder winning is if Adams has been coasting the last 20 games to turn it up come playoffs, a la Serge last year, because frankly he (Adams) has looked tired and like poo poo to me.

edit- of course the rookies Sabonis and Abrines could step up like vets

Since when has logic played into okc games?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Mike_Vorkunov/status/852954591700410369

This seems like a big reveal.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Carmelo is already bitching up a storm on whatever social media he uses.

He gone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phil Jackson actually doing the right think I guess forcing melo out . Man who ever gave Melo a NTC. DUMB.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Carmelo is already bitching up a storm on whatever social media he uses.

He gone.

lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4OGuFDBpM/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tricky Phil to win Executive of the Year in two years

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shear Modulus posted:

the musecage sounds like a place i end up at when my anxiety gets really bad

Get in the musecage! For blazing! this post is not a recommendation of or for blazing, it is only a half hearted and in fact, feeble attempt at a joke on a dying joke forum

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/852882581146226688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reminds me of the factoid I see every year about the Sonics being in the playoffs more recently than the Wolves

• Locked thread