Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The joycon warranty is good for a year right? Just making sure I can wait until I have nothing to play or get another pair of joycons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Surprised how well Zelda did on Wii U. That's cool.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I want a bomberman 64 esque game please konami do the right thing.

If you mean cool multiplayer games thennnnnn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEbVdxXUerM&t=275s

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kashuno posted:

I want a bomberman 64 esque game please konami do the right thing.

The right thing would be a Bomberman 64 port or remake, and give us Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon as well.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
anime out in full force

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Bombadilillo posted:

How'd it taste?

I somehow managed not to do that, just went straight into the console. I licked my finders afterwards obviously and thought I might be able to taste something, but I'm not sure.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're gonna out the same bittering agent in amiibo and kill Griffin McElroy

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hello my Switch friends when do you think they will put Crunchyroll on the Switch so I can enjoy all forms of media entertainment in one place

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Erg posted:

Hello my Switch friends when do you think they will put Crunchyroll on the Switch so I can enjoy all forms of media entertainment in one place

The Switch is going to ban all anime.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

That NES Classic thing really bums me out, I wanted to get one for my mom

People actually thought that was going to be a stocking stuffer but it really just turned out to be a thing that first-five minutes people got, and who knows what those people do with NES classics (scalp them, keep them in a box for a hundred years, actually play them??)

The weird thing is that people outside of gaming knew about the NES classic, instead of it being just a weird niche nerd thing, so pulling the plug seems weird when it was attracting a bigger audience than usual

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you should hook up with the arms noodle girl

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Rock stupid question here, as I don't have a Switch yet, but when they say there's a new patch (v.1.1.2) for BOTW, does this patch actually overwrite what's in the game cartridge if you bought the physical cart, or is it something that just stays forever in the built-in storage?

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Binary Badger posted:

Rock stupid question here, as I don't have a Switch yet, but when they say there's a new patch (v.1.1.2) for BOTW, does this patch actually overwrite what's in the game cartridge if you bought the physical cart, or is it something that just stays forever in the built-in storage?

Another soul upset about not being able to farm arrows. Hello friend.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Reach for that rainbow, princess. Someday you'll touch it. I promise

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I rewatched the Splatoon 2 horde mode from the direct and Grizzco's logo outline is totally a stylized bear head

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
More than just that, there's a wooden sculpture of a grizzly with a salmon in its mouth (with an antenna sticking out? is it a radio?) in the Japanese direct video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/658geu/theres_a_split_second_grizzco_location_seen_in/

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

SeANMcBAY posted:

Surprised how well Zelda did on Wii U. That's cool.

makes ya wonder why they rushed the switch out with broken joycons, no online/VC, and barely any games worth playing instead of chillin for another few months

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsuta Age posted:

makes ya wonder why they rushed the switch out with broken joycons, no online/VC, and barely any games worth playing instead of chillin for another few months

lol

Presumably they didn't know about the joycon issue or how widespread it was. The other stuff is just lol - obviously VC wasn't needed to break their own system sales records and sell completely out of them. The game lineup is actually pretty decent for a system launch too, with a good first year lineup.

Waiting to have Kart and Splatoon and ARMS all at launch would probably reduce first year sales, not increase them.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

Because selling Switches is more important to them than selling copies of Breath of the Wild.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binary Badger posted:

I assume it works like on everything else. The patch is stored on the system memory. The patches are good since the game had some pretty bad hitching before them when playing on the TV.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

GI_Clutch posted:

More than just that, there's a wooden sculpture of a grizzly with a salmon in its mouth (with an antenna sticking out? is it a radio?) in the Japanese direct video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/658geu/theres_a_split_second_grizzco_location_seen_in/

Bears were the only mammals besides Judd to survive the Great Flood. They fled to the moon and now over ten-thousand years later they have returned to claim their right as the dominant species of the planet.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please yes make the singleplayer mode a desperate fight against bears in spacesuits

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

jyrque posted:

Open it up and add a piece of foam next to the Bluetooth antenna, between it and the big metal box inside. Alternatively solder a new antenna.

You're not wrong. I just RMA'd my left joycon and it took a loving WEEK to just get to Nintendo. After they said they were going to upgrade my shipping and everything...well they didn't.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If there's any animal that escaped to the moon to come back later it's the rabbits. Japanese love them some moon rabbits.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can tell a game is quality once they start using youtubers for quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9JYognEKxc

:allears:

Update:

Infinitum posted:

Checking the coming soon section of the Nintendo site JIC something interesting rocked up
Puyo Puyo Tetris is launching for $30USD
Which is ~$40AUD

HOWEVER
The Aussie eShop lists it for $52AUD ($40 USD) tho
Good ol Just-cause-you're-Aussie tax

Thank gently caress for region free eShops. :allears:

After realising they weren't screwing Aussie consumers over enough, they've hiked the eShop price to $60AUD ($45USD)

Again as a reminder that the US eShop price is $30USD ($40AUD)
That's a whopping 50% increase over the US eShop price.

Like why the gently caress would you even buy it off the Aussie eShop at that price..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2DH-nKBeA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But seriously get hosed with this bullshit.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why does Australia get the shaft so consistently re: video game prices?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Infinitum posted:

You can tell a game is quality once they start using youtubers for quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9JYognEKxc

:allears:

Update:

After realising they weren't screwing Aussie consumers over enough, they've hiked the eShop price to $60AUD ($45USD)

Again as a reminder that the US eShop price is $30USD ($40AUD)
That's a whopping 50% increase over the US eShop price.

Like why the gently caress would you even buy it off the Aussie eShop at that price..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2DH-nKBeA

makes sense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Think the only games I'll be grabbing this month are Wonderboy + Mario Kart

One thing to note is that a lot of indies are pricing comparatively across the globe.
Wonderboy is $26AUD which is currently $19.70USD that's good! I don't mind that at all. That's really really good for the consumer!

A major publisher does a 50% price hike just-because-australia? Get fuccccckkkkkeddddddddd

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Australia is a nexus of suffering, for many reasons. I'm sure Nintendo set the prices reasonably and they all inexplicably go up in the system to ensure the balance remains

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Why even have an Aussie account at that point? Make a US/EU account and buy everything through that one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

The old argument used to boil down to importation fees, regional differences, etc. Which sorta made sense back in the day when you were talking purely physical goods

It doesn't hold water once you start talking digital.

Companies started pushing the bullshit "Well we gotta host that data locally" angle, which again doesn't fly when you can just access servers overseas for the exact same content.
Data is data is data is data, and the consumer shouldn't pay excess for where it's hosted.

The tl;dr of this is that companies have been doing this for years and they just keep getting away with it.
Like a half savvy Aussie will know they can setup a US eShop account to access region free goodness + pricing, but when you're talking Joe Average walking into a brick and mortar store they're getting fuccccccccked over big time.

It's not right and I wish the practice would stop.
Companies need to be straight up called out on this horseshit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This was why I made a big song and dance yesterday about how non-Aussies won't truly appreciate what an absolutely massive game changer region-free is for the Switch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Why even have an Aussie account at that point? Make a US/EU account and buy everything through that one.

But how will Australians cope without the localization? They're gonna get real confused when a character refers to a piece of cutlery as a "knife" and people go ten minutes without cracking a VB.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Zanzibar Ham posted:

nationalism

straya day mate

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Isn't Australia's minimum wage more than twice the U.S. minimum wage? There are lots of factors people never consider.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

katkillad2 posted:

Isn't Australia's minimum wage more than twice the U.S. minimum wage? There are lots of factors people never consider.

Minimum wage can be pretty different depending on where you are in the US.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

katkillad2 posted:

it still seems insanely bad to me

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
ordered a shovel knight amiibo. Ftge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Min wage where I live is 7.25 an hour...

• Locked thread