Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Remember when Javy Baez couldn't be a shortstop??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs/Yankees ticket prices are going to be through the roof, so I won't be going to the game. I'll gladly meet up for pizza and beer afterwards, though. :cheers:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs/Yankees ticket prices are going to be through the roof, so I won't be going to the game. I'll gladly meet up for pizza and beer afterwards, though. :cheers:

Pizza meetup afterwards is also workable for me, although I do really want to know if they play Starlin's walkup music again.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
N: Elvis Andrus leads the AL in slugging.

V: I'm not kidding. This is NOT a joke.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Poque, that is awesome, congrats on the ring.

Also on the topic of goonmeets, if anyone here is up for a Busch goonmeet this season I'd be down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Logistically, I'd be able to make a Chicago goonmeet.

Realistically? Nah, won't be able to make it due to multiple reasons, a wacky work schedule being one.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Here's a good fangraph article about recent Elvis

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I went and looked at stats leaders and

wut

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'll see if I can get time off for a chicago goonmeet, but I doubt it.

I'll have a beer in your collective honor though

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/852935894390775810

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

God dammit do I miss Jerry and Don :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Wilkes Booth posted:

wut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wut

Slugging, not average.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was in attendance at that game and had no idea it happened until I looked at the GDT afterwards.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hellooooo blue Jays 2017

to be fair they can't hit without RISP either

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stroooooooong username post combo here.

Also that's hilarious.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

iospace posted:

Slugging, not average.

Oh I know, just being weirded out by Avi Garcia being good for two weeks. That won't last.

In other news, ALL-GARCIA OUTFIELD

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/852949128988549120

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm going to the Braves game tonight. I went to the first game at Turner so I figured I'd go to this one too.

Getting there is gonna be a bitch

I went to the 2nd game at Turner, the one that had like 3 rain delays and then got shut down due to the curfew and had to resume the following day. Sucks I can't make it this weekend but I would have to cross through carmageddon to get there, anyway.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm insanely glad the parking situation with miller isn't hosed up. Then again, tailgating is a major thing up here even for baseball.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Oh I know, just being weirded out by Avi Garcia being good for two weeks. That won't last.

Sounds like a good law firm name

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

More like A.W.L. Garcia outfield

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

The Berzerker posted:

to be fair they can't hit without RISP either

Yes it's an inclusive summary of failure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

I'm insanely glad the parking situation with miller isn't hosed up. Then again, tailgating is a major thing up here even for baseball.

Even though public money for stadiums is a bad thing the main reason Kansas City voters didn't approve a downtown stadium a while back was because people were worried about parking.

We do like a tailgate too.

e: Maybe it was killed before it came to a public vote, but that was definitely one of the main talking points.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/mikedigiovanna/status/852943971634495488

This is a really fantastic article

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Donaldson to the 10 day DL. Calling up Chris Coghlan to replace him.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'd love to do a Wrigley meetup. Don't know if I can do the May 6th game since it's a bit soon for me, but I'm interested in the June 3 game. After that, all the home games are on weekends I work until September.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Also on the topic of goonmeets, if anyone here is up for a Busch goonmeet this season I'd be down.

The May 14 game looks tempting. Dunno if I wanna make two 90 mile day trips within the same few days since I'm heading to STL for a convention on the 17th.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Donaldson to the 10 day DL. Calling up Chris Coghlan to replace him.

Who are the middle infielders for their next opponent? Schoop and Hardy? R.I.P.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Pancakes posted:

Who are the middle infielders for their next opponent? Schoop and Hardy? R.I.P.

The way the Jays season is going he'll somehow take out Tulo and Travis with a single foul ball

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

The way the Jays season is going he'll somehow take out Tulo and Travis with a single foul ball

He could also Morneau someone sliding into third or something.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Pancakes posted:

Yep. I suggested that he divert his ad budget into buying the naming rights of the Sox stadium but was voted down. They ended up going for only $2M a year, he could totally have afforded that.

Yeah, but given that Poque and Kevlar are a known couple it came off as blatantly homophobic rather than the regular juvenile gay-baiting you expect from the internet. Or maybe I'm being overly sensitive.

Had no idea they were a couple. Didn't know what his position there was and that seemed like the most off the field job.Trying to make a silly joke about him working an unrelated job like the waterboy and still getting a ring. Nothing personal at all. Arrieta is just a hunk. Am extremely jealous he gets to work in baseball.

And I'm pretty sure I am not homophobic as I am not scared of myself...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I liked it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

patonthebach posted:

Had no idea they were a couple. Didn't know what his position there was and that seemed like the most off the field job.Trying to make a silly joke about him working an unrelated job like the waterboy and still getting a ring. Nothing personal at all. Arrieta is just a hunk. Am extremely jealous he gets to work in baseball.

And I'm pretty sure I am not homophobic as I am not scared of myself...

To take another "THAT'S NOT A FUNNY JOKE" tack, guys who massage the players are probably considered pretty important on the strength and conditioning staff.

:colbert:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

Even though public money for stadiums is a bad thing the main reason Kansas City voters didn't approve a downtown stadium a while back was because people were worried about parking.

We do like a tailgate too.

e: Maybe it was killed before it came to a public vote, but that was definitely one of the main talking points.

where are Kaufmann/Arrowhead/that new arena then?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Peetzur

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Poque posted:

I liked it.

Good. Seriously congrats man, I hope you are able to look in 3rd person and realize how bizarre/amazing it is that you are living the George Constanza dream right now in working in baseball and killing at it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
What does it take to get a job like that Poque? I know that one of my good friends was working on the ticket sales side for the MiLB, but lately it feels like all that stuff seems to be either part time or internships.

Also I'm really tempted to just say gently caress it and go to the May 6 Cubs game.

Miz Kriss fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 15, 2017

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'd massage Jake's butt as long as he kept his mouth shut.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

God my coworkers and I would reference this video like once a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

where are Kaufmann/Arrowhead/that new arena then?

Pretty sure the Royals and Chiefs play out in the suburbs somewhere.

• Locked thread