Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Nice alternate universe where Mclaren is the fun team and red bull isn't the "cool wacky team"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dentist toy box posted:

Nice alternate universe where Mclaren is the fun team and red bull isn't the "cool wacky team"

What universe were you living in where Red Bull were anything other than insufferable cocks?

Also: welcome back.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Deepfried posted:

"He has come up with this idea to send him to Indianapolis, but he must be barking mad. It is the nuttiest race I have ever seen.

There is no testing. He is just going to jump in the car. Turn 1 is a proper Turn as well, it is not easy flat all the way around. So I think he needs to see a psychiatrist personally."

Yip, no six days of testing or rookie induction, just jumping in the car.

"Would we let out drivers do it? No. I believe if a driver commits to a team, it is a bit like disappearing with another girlfriend halfway through the year and then coming back. It doesn't seem the right thing to be doing."

Kind of like leaving your pregnant wife for a spice girl? Atleast he didn't go back though!

https://twitter.com/ZBrownCEO/status/852962728209776640

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My opinion is very rapidly changing about Zak Brown.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

djssniper posted:

If you have a decent TV it will upscale it pretty well, this a NowTV box?

Yes the default settings on the now tv box is 720p and there is another option for 1080p in options. I'm assuming poor programming rather than some hidden agenda.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Yes the default settings on the now tv box is 720p and there is another option for 1080p in options. I'm assuming poor programming rather than some hidden agenda.

It's not so much 'poor programming' as much as 'sky saving 50% on bandwidth costs from people who don't know/care about quality"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Christian Horner is maybe the biggest bitch rear end in F1

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Why? Are you that desperate to see an American destroy a British icon?

And from the ashes Frank steps up out of his seat....

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Any Hack Clown can score an open goal. Making fun of Christian Horner like bullying the retard kid in class.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Any Hack Clown can score an open goal. Making fun of Christian Horner like bullying the retard kid in class.

The man is saying what needs to be said. :colbert:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Whatever bullying he receives, it's not enough until he actually leaves the sport

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

The man is saying what needs to be said. :colbert:

When your team is sucking rear end that hard I guess it behooves you to deflect on a slightly less poo poo team.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Also, Indianapolis is flat out all the way around lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So is F1 with a Honda engine

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

:vince:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

:boom:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Bernie says that the Greedy commercial rights holder is charging the tracks too much.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-calls-for-lower-fees-for-f1-race-promoters-893764/

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God this year's official F1 app on the iPhone is a complete pile of burning poo poo, compared to last year's pile of poo poo. No results are being shown for any of the races this year including practice and qualifying, or this year's standings.

gently caress you Bernie Chase.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

daslog posted:

Bernie says that the Greedy commercial rights holder is charging the tracks too much.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-calls-for-lower-fees-for-f1-race-promoters-893764/

When you're not getting the money anymore I guess it does seem like a lot.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

jfc Bernie

bernie posted:

"The only thing that would be good for everyone, I think, would be if we could charge the promoters a lot less money,"

quote:

Asked why he didn't cut rates in the past, he said: "I know I could have done, but I was trying to make money for the company, that was my job.

Glad he admitted in a sense he was aware he was milking it unsustainably.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Drive up the value of the company via unsustainable methods and then sell the company to somebody else before it blows up in your face? Sounds like he was just being a good businessman.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If there's any way Max and Bernie could murder each other simultaneously, that would be ideal.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bernie is going to save Interlagos. Let him be a crotchety old man.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Haha Bernie is such a oval office.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did Horny Spice seriously suggest that there's no testing at the Indy 500? Has he ever even heard of that race?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Did Horny Spice seriously suggest that there's no testing at the Indy 500? Has he ever even heard of that race?

But f1 is the only racing series on earth though?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They just tested last month at the track proper.Not to mention they tested at Phoenix back in March and such.

I'm a bit surprised this story has blown up in the way it is. I I don't know what the reputation for the Indianapolis 500 is back in europe so to see it get this much publicity is kinda nice.

re: Di Resta. That in itself is a bit odd considering who his cousin is.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I was just reading this article about Indy testing: https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/drivers-agree-honda-has-improved-rahal-scorns-chevy-sandbagging-893957/

And I found it hilarious that Honda hired a dude from Ferrari to help their Indy engine program, but apparently still refuses to do so for their actual F1 team.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

They just tested last month at the track proper.Not to mention they tested at Phoenix back in March and such.

I'm a bit surprised this story has blown up in the way it is. I I don't know what the reputation for the Indianapolis 500 is back in europe so to see it get this much publicity is kinda nice.

Di Resta just jealous all he ever did was be a meh midfield f1 driver.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

If there's any way Max and Bernie could murder each other simultaneously, that would be ideal.

Add Charlie

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

You Am I posted:

God this year's official F1 app on the iPhone is a complete pile of burning poo poo, compared to last year's pile of poo poo. No results are being shown for any of the races this year including practice and qualifying, or this year's standings.

gently caress you Bernie Chase.

Are you somehow using a completely different app because all that stuff is showing for me.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf (why the gently caress) are there 235 new messages in this horrible thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Check out the warmup laps on this one, 3 of 5 Hondas in the field conking out before the race even starts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rfgH5mh3k

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Agreed. Verstappen must die.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Jokes on Max, you can't kill what is already dead

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hehe, pages ago Tony says you know what the Indy 500 is loving dangerous because it's stupid

Some American gets probated for telling me to gently caress off

Literally the entire paddock echos my words. Almost word for word.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Edit: this is a far more eloquent response than you deserve but it's exactly my point:

dentist toy box posted:

Just goes to show even people in f1 can be as dumb as you because they know literally only about f1 because they're eurocentric retards like you.

Horner has probably never watched an indy car race in his life because he's too busy sucking Bernie dick while his is getting sucked by sky

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 15, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

The reputation is as I said. We saw Zinardi lose his legs because of the format of the racing. There are plenty of examples. I know you guys are all comon its not that bad but the rest of the world really wonders what youre thinking

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

hehe, pages ago Tony says you know what the Indy 500 is loving dangerous because it's stupid

Some American gets probated for telling me to gently caress off

Literally the entire paddock echos my words. Almost word for word.

Just goes to show even people in f1 can be as dumb as you because they know literally only about f1 because they're eurocentric retards like you.

Horner has probably never watched an indy car race in his life because he's too busy sucking Bernie dick while his is getting sucked by sky

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh hey! its that guy! look hes got a good ole boy avatar and everything.

Well this is the F1 thread, mate. You can go and talk about how ovals are good somewhere, but it sure isn't here.

I watched the Mansell 93 season review yesterday. Its on youtube. Guess what happened to Mansell at his first outing at an oval, Phoniex it was?

Near career ending accident. Nothing interesting or cool, just the car swapped ends while turning into a corner at 300kph. He was knocked unconcious and his back literally split open internally.

Ovals, are they good? - The Quickest and Most Accurate Intelligence Test

• Locked thread