Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That's where you get her rip-roaring drunk on wine then use your dick to sample the "terroir"

The only thing I remember from that movie is the jock boning the upside down Asian chick while the writer is crying the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The only thing I remember from that movie is the jock boning the upside down Asian chick while the writer is crying the whole time

hahah that won the highest honors in its industry. it's good!

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

The Trump voters in this thread understand that he and the republicans don't give a gently caress about your wellbeing, right?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alienwarehouse posted:

The Trump voters in this thread understand that he and the republicans don't give a gently caress about your wellbeing, right?

Errrr...

Nut to Butt posted:

Sort of. I think he does in a similar fashion to how most people care about generalized issues- they say the "right" words until they become personally inconvenienced. Then you'll see what they really believe. Wealth is a great buffer against personal inconvenience, so I'm sure he'll do his best on their behalf. We'll see if that manifests in any interesting ways, or if he offers the standard fare of the ruling class. His economic nationalism is a breath of fresh air, at least, since he understands the difference between a great stock market and a great economy (J-O-B-S) and how that impacts the average American. I voted for Trump, and I would again today. However, he is a political neophyte (despite his excellent demagoguery) and concerns over his competence and temperament are reasonable.

Also lol:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/852929677031342082

:tif:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
True conservatives don't believe it's the government's place to look out for the individual's well-being. Rather, the government need only ensure liberty and equitable avenues to personal success

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Republicans: I'm not my brother's keeper!

The Lord their God: Yea, you are.

Republicans: gently caress you, got mine!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Rocky Mountain Fur Con, scheduled for this August, has been canceledEvent was canceled because of bitter dispute over rise of 'neo-Nazi' furriesGroup known as Furry Raiders has been accused of embracing Nazi-like imageryLeader of Furry Raiders was seen making what appeared to be a Nazi salute 

The rise of the alt-right movement has many people nervous about the spread of neo-Nazi sympathies – and the furry community is apparently not immune to these political trends.

In shocking news, the Rocky Mountain Fur Con, the annual event that brings together furries, has been canceled after a splinter group known as the Furry Raiders came under fire for embracing 'altfur' symbols similar to those of Nazis and fascists.

The chairman of the event posted a message on Twitter saying that the Furry Raiders have started to promote intolerance within the furry community.

'The furry community and Rocky Mountain Fur Con have always strived to be a place of inclusion; a place where furs from all walks of life, differing religious, political, social and personal views can come together to celebrate the thing that we have in common, the love of our fandom,' wrote Sorin, the chairman of Rocky Mountain Fur Con.

Rocky Mountain Fur Con, the annual event that brings together furries, has been canceled after a splinter group known as the Furry Raiders came under fire for embracing 'altfur' symbols similar to those of Nazis and fascists.

The leader of the Furry Raiders, Foxler Miller (above), dresses in a fox suit with an armband that bears a paw print, though critics say there is too strong a resemblance to the swastika

Foxler was also pictured on Twitter raising his arms in what appears to be a Nazi-like salute, but he denies the accusation that he is a neo-Nazi

Furries are anthropomorphic animal characters, meaning they have human qualities or characteristics, that can be any member of the animal kingdom - including the non-furry ones.

Those in the furry fandom often create their own character, a fursona they'll adopt in furry online communities, and fursuiters will create a costume specifically for that identity.

Now the furry community has been torn asunder by accusations that the Furry Raiders are flirting with fascism. 

Their leader, Foxler, dresses in a fox suit with an armband that bears a paw print, though critics say there is too strong a resemblance to the swastika. 

The outrage over the Furry Raiders led the chairman of the Rocky Mountain Fur Con to announce that he is canceling the event

Despite the armband and a picture that surfaced on Twitter showing him lifting his arm in what looks like a Nazi salute, Foxler denied that he is advocating neo-Nazi ideology, according to The Daily Beast. 

Nonetheless, there has been a rise in fascist furries that has alarmed many in the community. 

'[The Furry Raiders] are an organization with a very confusing past and a very confusing history,' Zachary Brooks, the chairman of the Fur Con, told The Daily Beast. 

Despite the armband and a picture that surfaced on Twitter showing him lifting his arm in what looks like a Nazi salute, Foxler denied that he is advocating neo-Nazi ideology

Nonetheless, there has been a rise in fascist furries that has alarmed many in the community

Furries are anthropomorphic animal characters, meaning they have human qualities or characteristics, that can be any member of the animal kingdom - including the non-furry ones

'The community had taken a lot of issue regarding some symbolism that the head of the Furry Raiders had chosen to utilize for his group,' said Zachary Brooks, the head of Fur Con. 'It was causing a lot of controversy'

'The community had taken a lot of issue regarding some symbolism that the head of the Furry Raiders had chosen to utilize for his group. It was causing a lot of controversy.' 

'People overreacted [to the paw print armband],' he told The Denver Post. 

'As it got more and more heated, people started talking about beating up people wearing the symbol.' 

'They said "We've got a right to protect ourselves and we are going to bring weapons".' 

Furry Raiders (above) angered their furry brethren when they snatched up a large bloc of hotel rooms for the scheduled convention in Denver. Brooks said that reserving the large number of rooms amounted to 'a power grab' meant to dilute the influence of other organizations

'It was seen by many as a malicious act by them to try to control who could and couldn't attend,' Brooks said. 'So that's what really began the controversy with them'

The election of Donald Trump has bitterly divided the furry community - igniting the rise of the 'altfur' movement that some have accused of flirting with fascism

When news of the Furry Raiders' massive bookings spread throughout the community, it sparked a backlash 'antifa furry' movement. The rising anti-fascist movement operated under the banner 'Nazi Furs F*** Off' – and the protest began to grow online

The threats of violence forced convention organizers to require more security, the cost of which turned out to be prohibitive. 

The Furry Raiders angered their furry brethren when they snatched up a large bloc of hotel rooms for the scheduled convention in Denver. 

Brooks said that reserving the large number of rooms amounted to 'a power grab' meant to dilute the influence of other organizations at the convention. 

'It ended up being a significant portion of rooms that prevented our other attendees from coming in and enjoying the convention,' Brooks told The Daily Beast. 

'It was seen by many as a malicious act by them to try to control who could and couldn't attend. So that's what really began the controversy with them.' 

When news of the Furry Raiders' massive bookings spread throughout the community, it sparked a backlash 'antifa furry' movement. 

The rising anti-fascist movement operated under the banner 'Nazi Furs F*** Off' – and the protest began to grow online. 

One 'fursona,' Deo, even tweeted a joke saying that she 'couldn't wait to punch these Nazis.' 

The joke was inspired by the incident in which Richard Spencer, a white alt-right nationalist, was filmed being punched in the face during a protest march in Washington, DC. 

The convention was scheduled to take place on August 11. 

Its organizers were also found to have been affiliated with the 'sovereign citizens' movement, which advocates a refusal to pay taxes.  

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Not all republicans are Christians

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not a Christian, and if you trust any politician to protect your interests, I have a bridge to sell you.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Toadvine posted:

Not all republicans are Christians

trust me I'm very aware of this.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Republicans: I'm not my brother's keeper!

The Lord their God: Yea, you are.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

So just like it was before?

"Former administration officials said the visitor records -- which are created when someone without a permanent credential submits their information to the Secret Service -- were parsed monthly to remove any potentially sensitive meetings from the official record.
Officials said that sensitive meetings -- including interviews of potential Supreme Court justices and huddles with top national security officials -- were scrubbed from the official records. The Obama administration also maintained that guests at private social gatherings, which the Obamas held occasionally in their private residence, were exempt from having their names listed on the logs. "

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/210423753388208128

:laffo:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm a goblin

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Poetic Justice posted:

So just like it was before?

Donald forgot he said that was bad a while ago.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Literally exactly like it was before. All important people and meetings are scrubbed off the lists, and the only reason Obama released it was "The Obama administration agreed to release the visitor logs in response to our lawsuits,".

laffo indeed.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Donald forgot he said that was bad a while ago.

I dont really hold civilians responsible for changing their minds when or if they become president.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Poetic Justice posted:

Literally exactly like it was before. All important people and meetings are scrubbed off the lists, and the only reason Obama released it was "The Obama administration agreed to release the visitor logs in response to our lawsuits,".

laffo indeed.

then why even bother doing this?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Toadvine posted:

True conservatives don't believe it's the government's place to look out for the individual's well-being. Rather, the government need only ensure liberty and equitable avenues to personal success

:laffo:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Literally exactly like it was before.

Mmmmm, nope. The Obama White House released names - they redacted some, but they released most.

This is none. "Most names" > "no names."

Also this is a dumb thing to do when you're, you know. Running the shadiest loving White House since at least Nixon.

e: The number for Obama was 6 million. Also the lawsuit was actually filed against Bush; it just got resolved under Obama. So, pretty much everything you said was wrong.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 15, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

I was responding to some misguided poster who thought they'd found the endgame logic to popcorn conservatives or however that dumb meme goes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

I was responding to some misguided poster who thought they'd found the endgame logic to popcorn conservatives or however that dumb meme goes

I mean, that's great and all, but people didn't vote for Trump for conservative reasons. They voted for him because they thought he'd bring them better health care, bring jobs back to their communities, end the opioid epidemic, renegotiate free trade agreements, etc.

And yet now he's going full Paul Ryan with health care and tax cuts to the rich, and going full George W. Bush on foreign policy.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Mmmmm, nope. The Obama White House released names - they redacted some, but they released most.

This is none. "Most names" > "no names."

Also this is a dumb thing to do when you're, you know. Running the shadiest loving White House since at least Nixon.

e: The number for Obama was 6 million. Also the lawsuit was actually filed against Bush; it just got resolved under Obama. So, pretty much everything you said was wrong.

Wrong.

posted:

Before filing the complaint in a District of Columbia federal court Monday, Judicial Watch made multiple unfulfilled FOIA requests and conducted failed negotiations with the Obama administration over visitor logs from January 20 to August 10, 2009, according to the group's release...The Obama administration announced in September a new discretionary policy of voluntarily publishing the White House visitor logs on its Web site beginning Dec. 31. The move was made in response to lawsuits for visitor logs brought by another government watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, against both the Bush and Obama administrations. The records Judicial Watch seeks, however, remain largely private.

https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news/watchdog-group-sues-access-white-house-visitor-logs

It doesn't matter how many you release when you can redact any ones that you want to. Obama regularly redacted names from the visitor logs, so making most of them public really doesn't mean poo poo for transparency if he could decide which names you get to see.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Wrong.

https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/news/watchdog-group-sues-access-white-house-visitor-logs

It doesn't matter how many you release when you can redact any ones that you want to. Obama regularly redacted names from the visitor logs, so making most of them public really doesn't mean poo poo for transparency if he could decide which names you get to see.

It actually matters quite a bit. As the Washington Post piece points out, the Obama White House released the names of "scores of lobbyists," and a total of 6 million visitors, that had visited. Under Trump, we won't even get that. Yet he had bitched and whined about Obama not being sufficiently transparent before he was inaugurated.

So your claim that it's "exactly like it was before" is complete bullshit.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 15, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

It actually matters quite a bit. As the Washington Post piece points out, the Obama White House released the names of "scores of lobbyists," and a total of 6 million visitors, that had visited. Under Trump, we won't even get that. Yet he had bitched and whined about Obama not being sufficiently transparent before he was inaugurated.

So your claim that it's "exactly like it was before" is complete bullshit.

Anyone Obama didn't want to be on the list was removed from the list, which was quite a lot of people, so it doesn't really matter how many he showed. The only difference between now and then is people can't see the completely wiped clean and president approved list that they could before.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Their victims: gently caress, you got mine!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Anyone Obama didn't want to be on the list was removed from the list, which was quite a lot of people, so it doesn't really matter how many he showed.

Yeah it did. We knew the names of a poo poo ton of lobbyists that visited. Now we're going to know zero. "Some" is infinitely more than "none." How are you not getting this?:psyduck:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah it did. We knew the names of a poo poo ton of lobbyists that visited. Now we're going to know zero. "Some" is infinitely more than "none." How are you not getting this?:psyduck:

Because in both cases if there is someone that the president doesn't want to be on the list, they won't be on the list. Was there ever any scandal about a visitor on the list under Obama?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Like I'm not saying this is some great thing or anything like that, but to pretend it's somehow significantly different in the end result than what Obama was doing is incorrect, imo.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

Because in both cases if there is someone that the president doesn't want to be on the list, they won't be on the list. Was there ever any scandal about a visitor on the list under Obama?

No because there was literally never a scandal that called for that because Obama wasn't an idiot like Trump and seemingly every single person connected to him

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Obama's presidency was pretty light on the scandals. You and I may disagree with him on policy on a lot of areas, but scandal wasn't exactly a common theme of his presidency. Not the case with President Pisspig. And even then, I'm sure Obama would have preferred to not release the names of those lobbyists in the first place. With Trump, we're not even going to get that that - and Trump is a pretty loving corrupt individual. We're not going to even get "scores of lobbyists." We're going to get zero lobbyists. Like, no one's saying Obama was a perfect model of transparency or anything, but your whole argument that this isn't a significant chance in policy is total nonsense.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
At this point everyone who voted for Trump is the biggest loving retard on earth simultaneously alongside him and his cabinet. Jesus loving christ you morons voted for the worst possible human being in America to "run" us lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Clinton would've still been engaged in wars but she wouldn't have given the military industrial complex carte blance to do whatever the gently caress they want like this uninvolved self congratulatory idiot

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Youre right bernie would of won

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Aesop Poprock posted:

Clinton would've still been engaged in wars but she wouldn't have given the military industrial complex carte blance to do whatever the gently caress they want like this uninvolved self congratulatory idiot

Lol pathetic

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sancho posted:

Youre right bernie would of won

He couldn't even win the loving primary and he wouldn't have even been close. He might have gotten the same popular votes as clinton but even that's a long stretch

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
" yes she would have been a warmonger, but, uh, she would be slightly more restrained because of, uh, feminine intuition"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Get hosed, dude who's gotten owned more in this thread by reality than possibly anyone else

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Don't sign your posts.

Also lol that you thought Trump wouldn't be a warmonger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I don't see any mew wars? Just a lot of chicken littles

• Locked thread