Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

starting to worry theres gonna be peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Snoo posted:

just lol if you've been able to calm down in a healthy way

This administration has been a boon for the liquor industry

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Leviathan posted:

formula for probability of imminent nuclear war = [1 - (1/(number of days of trump has been prez))]

lol if you think he didn't hover his tiny hand over the button on day 1 and lol if you think the probability doesn't rise exponentially.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-tech-results-idUSKBN17G1IB

quote:

Uber's revenue hits $6.5 billion in 2016, still has large loss

Uber's basically a completely doomed business model because they run at a loss on single riders and nobody in their right god drat mind is going to pick them over mass transit or even a taxi if there's more than one person because taxi companies are usually just the same rate for 1-4 passengers. Their survival is contingent on driving taxi drivers into extinction, eliminating regulations that treat them like taxis, and then forcing people into carpooling by routing drivers to multiple fares along the same route which only loving works in super high density areas.

lol the gig economy is a smoldering failure mainly because everyone who isn't neck deep in a heroin or meth addiction has an actual job and is a little less than willing to hop into a car with a tweaker who is as likely to mug you as get you home because Uber pays him peanuts on top of gouging him on financing that Yaris or whatever.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Stairmaster posted:

starting to worry theres gonna be peace

that's hosed up

don't say such things

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's funny to see this thread way more chill now that we're only just gearing up for another foreign war than we were when it looked like Bannon was going to institute a fascist state

Nuclear fire would just get this lovely life over with already, like ripping off a bandaid. I'd prefer that to a slow slide into dystopia

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/shea_cotton/status/8530169547931893

excreting so im ready for the juche to b loose

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

smb2 is based on the japanese game seiken densetsu mario no sleepman and plays mostly the same except for the addition of princess toadstool because the japan game had no playable ladies, and some minor sprite edits to change things like luigi being a woman w huge naked breasts in the original japanese edition

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i mean i had a small number of okay rides in ubers but also i was using coupons to avoid ever paying uber a dime and then just gave the driver tenbux cash

it was for like 1 mile rides when going places with a friend who had a broken foot

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
https://istrumpatmaralago.org/

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

juchefest live stream: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYnGUfIamo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

part of it I think is because it's so familiar and normal for an American president to get embroiled into some stupid military conflict in the middle east/asia

obama, w, clinton, hw, reagan all did that stuff. consistency!

wtf autocorrect was a mistake how did it get coquettes from consequences

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

The Snoo posted:

just lol if you've been able to calm down in a healthy way

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm 1000% done with this loving day

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
my idiot friends all love uber

they don't understand when i try to tell them that uber is an Enemy of the People

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

today has been pretty good here except the book im reading just started to loving suck

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

there is no escape from TRUMP

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

holy gently caress this is creeping me out a little

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

smb2 is based on the japanese game seiken densetsu mario no sleepman and plays mostly the same except for the addition of princess toadstool because the japan game had no playable ladies, and some minor sprite edits to change things like luigi being a woman w huge naked breasts in the original japanese edition

just lol if yr not a woman w huge naked breasts erry day

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

are you sure its a book and not a litter of suckling voles

Apr 7, 2003

UV_Catastrophe posted:

my idiot friends all love uber

they don't understand when i try to tell them that uber is an Enemy of the People

Surprise, they like Uber because Uber sells them a service below cost.

If they had to pay full price they would stop liking Uber.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lol if you think he didn't hover his tiny hand over the button on day 1 and lol if you think the probability doesn't rise exponentially.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Baloogan posted:

today has been pretty good here except the book im reading just started to loving suck

is it the john berger book ways of seeing

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i'm feelin JUCHED rn

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My comradely body is ready

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
juchefest stream is a real trip

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Day of the Sun is a big loving deal in crazy town over there. It's a super holiday where they get lots of their annual state allocated goods and kids get candy and poo poo and is all about the cult of personality.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kim Il Sung desires peace for all mankind

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I use lyft but thankfully dont need it much, because about 1/4 times the drivers get lost trying to find me. I tell myself they're probably high or retarded so I wouldnt be safe as a passenger anyway

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

tacodaemon posted:

is it the john berger book ways of seeing

no its some semi-young-adult space opera that im too embarrased to say im reading :/

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Put it on your speakers when you need to do chores around the house.

It will fill you with soldiery Juche and Kimilsungism-Kimiljongism work-spirit

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
imagine losing life's lottery and being born in north korea

just lmao

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zegermans posted:

where are the cats at

Apr 7, 2003

got any sevens posted:

I use lyft but thankfully dont need it much, because about 1/4 times the drivers get lost trying to find me. I tell myself they're probably high or retarded so I wouldnt be safe as a passenger anyway

I just ride the light rail system.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

no its some semi-young-adult space opera that im too embarrased to say im reading :/

how can you be embarrassed about that and not every other thing you post about all the time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Senator Gillibrand kind of looks like Gillian Anderson. That's worth a vote alone.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
People are like "Trump will make anime real" but it's already been real in North Korea.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm listening to the nuclear launch in the background while cleaning out my keyboard goop. Teh life.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Squizzle posted:

wtf autocorrect was a mistake how did it get coquettes from consequences

down for some foreign policy coquettes :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

down for some foreign policy coquettes :wink: