Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm guessing the Syck was supposed to be the Scum version of a TIE Fighter.

Just worse in all regards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It was supposed to be the flexible ship that you could either keep cheap or bump up to an interceptor but it was made when they were really afraid of ships being too efficient price wise so they made it too expensive to do anything

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Apparently all the streaming coverage promised by FFG for the Invitational this weekend is not happening.

Also FFG is not doing streaming for the world's either.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Raged posted:

Apparently all the streaming coverage promised by FFG for the Invitational this weekend is not happening.

We need a :dice: emote but for FFG.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Raged posted:

FFG is streaming worlds, but X-wing is only being streamed officially on one day. Gold Squadron will be streaming on the others.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
My local scene is having a cross-faction tournament with first place getting a C-ROC next month. The rules so far as I know are that you must take at least 50 points of Rebels or Imperials, but can fill to 100 with Scum. It sounds like you can mix and match upgrades as well.

Can y'all think of anything more broken than:
Stresshog + Latts Razzi Crew on Miranda, probably?
Dash IG crew + IG 88 B
Crack Swarm with Serissu

I don't have enough Mindlink or Juke or Awings to do 5 of that, and I'd be better off just buying the C-ROC at that point.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just ran the Norra/Shara/Jess list for a few games. It is really nice. Stupidly nice.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Just ran the Norra/Shara/Jess list for a few games. It is really nice. Stupidly nice.

I did Shara/Nora/Biggs for a while right after the ARC170 came out. I didn't iterate it enough I guess.

I swear this is my lot in X-Wing life. I come so close to finding the list, but give up on it before I work out the kinks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConfusedUs posted:

I swear this is my lot in X-Wing life. I come so close to finding the list, but give up on it before I work out the kinks.

I actually came up with PtL/Kyle/BB-8 Norra alongside Dash well before the ARC dropped.

I even flew it once or twice.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ConfusedUs posted:

I did Shara/Nora/Biggs for a while right after the ARC170 came out. I didn't iterate it enough I guess.

Proctor ran Bodhi U-wing for the longest time instead of Jess and just changed it up last minute due to our mutual friend suggesting the switch. Lucky switch.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Chill la Chill posted:

Proctor ran Bodhi U-wing for the longest time instead of Jess and just changed it up last minute due to our mutual friend suggesting the switch. Lucky switch.

It was a good change, I gelled with the list right off the bat.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

VikingPenguin posted:

My local scene is having a cross-faction tournament with first place getting a C-ROC next month. The rules so far as I know are that you must take at least 50 points of Rebels or Imperials, but can fill to 100 with Scum. It sounds like you can mix and match upgrades as well.

Dash IG crew + IG 88 B
Crack Swarm with Serissu

I don't have enough Mindlink or Juke or Awings to do 5 of that, and I'd be better off just buying the C-ROC at that point.

RAC with Predator, Latts, Rebel Captive and Engine upgrade.

Echo with Dengar, collision detector, VI and ACD.

Leaves 4 points for 3rd crew on deci, lots of interesting options. Ysane, hot-shot, Mara jade, Kylo ren, 4lom.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

Serissu + 3 TPVs with Mindlink and Manglers is a gnarly list on the joust, because 3 of them have got focus/target lock on the first pass.

Then they cant k-turn, which limits their next moves.

One of them can, then the other 3 do greens and it's all good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

VikingPenguin posted:

Dash IG crew + IG 88 B
Crack Swarm with Serissu

If you can fit it all together, Serissu goes obscenely with Biggles...

AT a 200 point cross-factions pairs tourney last year two of my local gang cleaned house with a Kanan/Biggs/Zeb/Mana/Serissu/Fenn unstoppable unkillable brick of death. I think they only lost 1 ship all day.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The thought of Biggs and Fenn being in the same list makes me feel funny in my special spot

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
Don't think I can squeeze both Serissu and Fenn with Biggs, but Biggs does seem a good starting spot. EPT bot and Mindlink could be good...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Brainstorming ideas for the next League.

StarViper: · Guri (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Fire Control System (2)

Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Y-Wing: · Kavil (24)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Guri isn't great, and Fenn without Manaroo isn't as good but it seems fun.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Brainstorming ideas for the next League.

StarViper: · Guri (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
· Virago (1)
Fire Control System (2)

Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Y-Wing: · Kavil (24)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Guri isn't great, and Fenn without Manaroo isn't as good but it seems fun.

I commend you for your use of StarVipers. They do not get enough love.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In theory, that Guri gets a free TL/Focus after her first shot, so she can double focus or boost to get to range 1. Awfully expensive for those defenses though.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Going to play with some friends tonight and would like to run some combo of A wings and B wings with Ion cannon.

I'm likely facing HWKs and Jumpmaster with mindlink and TLTs.

We play pretty casual but we don't proxy, so we have a basic idea of what to expect--so I'm working with Rebel Aces, HOR, B-wing, A-wing, the two cores, TIE advanced, bomber, punisher, and striker for sets. (That means no autothrusters or crackshot)

Here are the lists I am thinking about, any suggestions? I am thinking about replacing the extra munitions with flechettes in the first one to spread the stress around if he does mindlink.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You should have Chardaan Refit and the A-wing test pilot title.

Put both of those on the As in the second list with juke, crack shot, trick shot, or something like that. Also deadeye for Nera.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Last Jedi Trailer

New A-wings, and new Resistance Epic ship?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Last Jedi Trailer

New A-wings, and new Resistance Epic ship?

I hope so! I like the look of those proper delta-shaped A-wings.

Also, saw a brief segment with Fantasy Flight on the Star Wars Show Live at SWC, and they have a room reserved for new players, which is really cool. Hope this will get more people into flying little plastic spaceships.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Triple Defenders still work? Might give this a try tonight.

TIE Defender: Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE Defender: · Countess Ryad (34)
· A score to settle (0)
Tractor Beam (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/D (0)

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Raged posted:

I saw this list posted a few pages back. I don't have an ARC yet but I am strongly thinking of getting one. They look super fun.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Please give us a TLJ set with something that makes A-wings good again. I would love a rebel ace that costs less than half my squad points.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Slandible posted:

Triple Defenders still work? Might give this a try tonight.

Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE Defender: · Countess Ryad (34)
· A score to settle (0)
Tractor Beam (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)
TIE/D (0)

Swarm leader vessery with a delta and ryad is still really good.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Nothing announced at the FFG panel for X-Wing. Only mention I see is someone asking from prequel ships in the Q&A

:fuckoff:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Raged posted:

Nothing announced at the FFG panel for X-Wing. Only mention I see is someone asking from prequel ships in the Q&A

:fuckoff:

:shrug: I don't think they announced anything at that event last year, either, so it's not that surprising.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Someone asked for Prequel ships in the Q&A? :suicide:

The ARC was cool, but let's not get crazy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

AndyElusive posted:

Someone asked for Prequel ships in the Q&A? :suicide:

The ARC was cool, but let's not get crazy.

Eh, I wouldn't mind seeing more prequel ships. The N1 and the LAAT were both incredibly rad designs, even if they suffered by virtue of being in the prequels.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Eh, I wouldn't mind seeing more prequel ships. The N1 and the LAAT were both incredibly rad designs, even if they suffered by virtue of being in the prequels.

All the brain damaged prequel fans want the Jedi Starfighter.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
The troop carrier at the end of AOTS with the arena drop, with the gunner turrets. Side firing arcs and a dial with stop, backwards, and rotate in place. :colbert:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The LAAT is a cool and good ship design, and I really don't want to see it in X-wing.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
No garbage prequel LAATs before the delta-class shuttle :colbert:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I like the Prequels as much as the next Star Wars geek. I even like a lot of the designs for PT era ships.

So I mean, I guess it might be ok to see the Scum N1 or Alliance Overhauled LAATs one day or something. I suppose it can't be any worse than pulling from Legends EU.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'd far prefer to see prequel ships than yet another TIE Verber.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
While I don't care one bit about whether the ships make it into X-Wing or not, I do like Disney's current approach of trying to ignore the prequels as much as possible.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seeing Denis Lawson attend SWCO and genuinely seem to enjoy himself gives me hope that he'll appear as Wedge in Ep 9 and we'll all one day get him as a T70 pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I want to see it just to see all the fanboys whine about their husbando Corran Horn who doesn't show up for the wraith squadron reunion.

• Locked thread