Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

TheShazbot posted:

Portland in 7, coming back from a 3-1 deficit after Draymond is ejected out of frustration

Now we're talking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/853039574855016448

:allears:

This is why you maybe don't want your GM throwing players under the bus. And using the media to force them to have a no trade.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Zen Master mind games working out perfectly, just not on their intended subject

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
What are the chances that he is NOT their franchise's future? Is Phil's legacy with the Knicks just making sure they are never ever good?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

Zen Master mind games working out perfectly, just not on their intended subject

it's really the most Knicks outcome

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

asked this before but got lost amongst the mvp complaints: where's the thread title from?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

At least the Knicks have a goddamn draft pick this year

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Mr Gentleman posted:

asked this before but got lost amongst the mvp complaints: where's the thread title from?

my ex wife!!

some broadcaster, the video is some pages back

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Diss kp's mentor for having a contract he himself wrote, mah gawd phil is a shining beacon of mental health

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/853041702575255552

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/853041970469629954

Like man. Say what you want about Melo but players aren't dumb

It's why the Bulls have to overpay anyone who they don't draft to come here.

Phil was a good enough coach and had good enough teams that he could be a blunt rear end in a top hat and get away with it because he got results.

He is not good at being a GM.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 15, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Phil has been tweeting that he hated 3 pointers since he was hired by the Knicks. I dunno why some people are still surprised by this.

https://twitter.com/AndrewLynch/status/852959280428793856

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Phil hated the Knicks organization circa like 6 years ago so joining them to destroy them seems believable.

Also, aesthetically, I would rather watch Giannis miss a shot than Paul George make a shot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/853039574855016448

:allears:

This is why you maybe don't want your GM throwing players under the bus. And using the media to force them to have a no trade.

True story, after the all star game I went with some friends to a bar and we all eventually met up with someone that personally works with Porzingis. He was apparently calling the franchise a poo poo show and dysfunctional at least that early to his close friends.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
the Knicks' future would be brighter if Carmelo accepted a trade. He has two years left at $26m+/yr, was below league-average in WS/48 and gives up more points on defense than he adds on offense according to BPM. Phil Jackson stating the obvious shouldn't be a big deal except the media loves a story and Carmelo loves playing a martyr. Just go to the Clippers already please.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Phil and Carmelo deserve each other.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

god, it's going to be another terrible season at the Garden :negative:

why would you want the current iteration of Derrick Rose back

People in this very thread think he can be useful.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

True story, after the all star game I went with some friends to a bar and we all eventually met up with someone that personally works with Porzingis. He was apparently calling the franchise a poo poo show and dysfunctional at least that early to his close friends.

I saw people tweeting about meeting him and him being unhappy this summer.

There is no way out for him.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I mean, he could probably start working on getting Phil Jackson fired but it wouldn't actually help because Phil Jackson is only an incarnation of the fuckedupness of New York Knicks basketball, not the source.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ragle posted:

the Knicks' future would be brighter if Carmelo accepted a trade. He has two years left at $26m+/yr, was below league-average in WS/48 and gives up more points on defense than he adds on offense according to BPM. Phil Jackson stating the obvious shouldn't be a big deal except the media loves a story and Carmelo loves playing a martyr. Just go to the Clippers already please.

You don't think a GM torching his own asset's value, and burying a player as if the player is the cause of the issues a big deal?

While said GM continues to be dumb about the current NBA, and is the one who gave Melo that contract in the first place.

If I'm Melo I'm not waiving that NTC unless I'm going to the exact team I want to without that team giving up anything of value that could damage them. It's not like Melo is a fan of the Knicks, It's not his job to make their future better.

Phil has zero leverage other than hoping Melo is willing to be nice and waive his no trade, or by eating the Salary and waiving him.

He's failing at the hoping Melo is nice part of it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Phil hated the Knicks organization circa like 6 years ago so joining them to destroy them seems believable.

Also, aesthetically, I would rather watch Giannis miss a shot than Paul George make a shot.

I don't get that one, PG has about the nicest looking jumper there is

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

I mean, he could probably start working on getting Phil Jackson fired but it wouldn't actually help because Phil Jackson is only an incarnation of the fuckedupness of New York Knicks basketball, not the source.

melo ought to do some direct action with that fan who told dolan to sell the team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like I hate Gar Foreman and John Paxson. I would take both of them no hesitation over Phil. I would take Vlade over Phil.

Phil has done nothing of worth, other than Zingis, and if Zingis hates the Org and wants out then he loses the only thing he hit on.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Shear Modulus posted:

melo ought to do some direct action with that fan who told dolan to sell the team

Melo should buy that guy courtside seats.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't get that one, PG has about the nicest looking jumper there is

It rolls around the rim 3 times before going in.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

It rolls around the rim 3 times before going in.

Hahaha I love you Rick. Don't let this rim rollin' hot dog anywhere NEAR my team

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I can't get over how dumb it is to poo poo all over the player you're trying to move. Like Carmello has proven he has no trouble just cashing cheques and living in New York. Clearly he has a high tolerance for disfunction so trying to push him out isn't going to work. All this does it make the few teams who want to trade for him offer less and less.

He should've just shut the gently caress up

BWV fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 15, 2017

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Rick posted:

I now desperately want this to be true. I hope he has a super villain style video filmed the day they hired him in which he talks about how the only thing we wanted more than retiring to Montana(?) was destroying James Dolan's soul. He'll release it when he finally gets fired. Also, Jeanie broke up with him because of his weird obsession.

Phil is going to completely destroy his reputation if Dolan lets him hang around long enough.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Artic Puma posted:

Phil is going to completely destroy his reputation if Dolan lets him hang around long enough.

Maybe Dolan is the real Machiavelli and not Phil :tinfoil:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/852960374697721856

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
In many ways, it should not be so surprising that Phil is so far up his own rear end, but the dude once floated the idea that hr only coach home games. that was awesome.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

C t

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/853005181809811456

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Phil Jackson pass out at 31 Flavors last night

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm Del Harris IRL and I can vouch for that story

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It would be weird as a Banana Boatman to not like it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

It would be weird as a Banana Boatman to not like it

Lebron hates Phil.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So many people hating on Phil for doing the necessary steps to reset the franchise. Melo was a thorn that wouldn't leave due to the stupid NTC. Burn the bridge with him, get fired, next GM comes in and all the players forget about it and blame it on the old regime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think being needlessly antagonistic is that helpful.

I mean they do got to reset but you can do that in a much less confrontational way.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Doltos posted:

So many people hating on Phil for doing the necessary steps to reset the franchise. Melo was a thorn that wouldn't leave due to the stupid NTC. Burn the bridge with him, get fired, next GM comes in and all the players forget about it and blame it on the old regime.

I do like the idea of Phil Jackson being brought out of retirement fast and furious style to do the dirty work, one last heist for the man who's better than anyone else at alienating players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Phil is so wonderful, with one masterful stroke he was able to root out all the melo truthers in the organization, now he can trade melo and kp together on draft night for a stale bag of sun chips and give the max to rose

• Locked thread