Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also F1 is Eurocentric and if you don't like that why dont you go and watch your roundabout racing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Well Mansell was a poo poo driver. I wish he died there so he'd stop bitching.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

dentist toy box posted:

He's the guy that won the WDC then jumped on a plane and beat all your poo poo drivers. In their own series in their own country.

So loving owned its not funny

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wish he died in his near career ending accident in 87 in F1.

How do they let you post from the mental institution Tony?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dentist toy box posted:

Eeeh. Mansell was good as a driver (and pretty sure the only person ever to be reigning F1 and Indy champion at the same time), just poo poo whiny and spent most of his time complaining about how hard he had it in F1. He did, but so did a lot of people.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Mansell was also driving for a team so good 1000 year Mario Andretti could win in the car. Mansell was a bitchy British gently caress.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not a member of the American Worship League. Can you handle it?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This is pathetic from both sides.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

The reputation is as I said. We saw Zinardi lose his legs because of the format of the racing. There are plenty of examples. I know you guys are all comon its not that bad but the rest of the world really wonders what youre thinking

Yeah...that's, nothing. I mean it's....bad, but there's a lot of series state side that have had some horror crashes. Vikingskull in the Cup thread can fill you in if you'd wanna hear his story. But credit also to CART/Indy? They have an INSANELY good safety team that has saved a lot of lives more than the ones they have lost. It's why we're talking about Zanardi the Blancpain/Paralympic champion and not RIP Zanardi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHUhEENr60

I don't think it's so much that "ovals" are the problems per say. I mean even NASCAR has had fatalities at the Glen for example ( J.D. McDuffie :smith: ).

Racing is just inherently a dangerous sport.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget America owns your rear end now so watch out. We're gonna ruin everything for you

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dentist toy box posted:

Don't forget America owns your rear end now so watch out. We're gonna ruin everything for you

The one thing I fear about Liberty ownership is if they cram F1 full of interruptive advertising and massage the rules so you spend more time viewing instant replays to argue about poo poo instead of actually playing, like several American sports.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just lmao like F1 hasn't murdered people. loving Colin Chapman could fill a graveyard himself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I wish he died in his near career ending accident in 87 in F1.

How do they let you post from the mental institution Tony?

It's like...my favorite form of formula racing has it's problems with safety sure, but I imagine F1 also is trying to tackle similar issues in regards to racing.

I mean I saw F1 discussing put a halo or a canopy on the car. That's something a lot of our fans want as well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Just lmao like F1 hasn't murdered people. loving Colin Chapman could fill a graveyard himself.

I'm Jochen Rindt's dead gay ghost.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm Jim Clark's

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah...that's, nothing. I mean it's....bad, but there's a lot of series state side that have had some horror crashes. Vikingskull in the Cup thread can fill you in if you'd wanna hear his story. But credit also to CART/Indy? They have an INSANELY good safety team that has saved a lot of lives more than the ones they have lost. It's why we're talking about Zanardi the Blancpain/Paralympic champion and not RIP Zanardi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHUhEENr60

I don't think it's so much that "ovals" are the problems per say. I mean even NASCAR has had fatalities at the Glen for example ( J.D. McDuffie :smith: ).

Racing is just inherently a dangerous sport.

As youre obviously a real fan rather than a shitposter appealing to, who exactly? The worst thread on the SA forums?

I really believe it's the ovals. You can change the barriers but it's the inherent format of the racing. The most dangerous part of the pass is when two cars are alongside and it's not clear who is going to take the line into the corner, oval racing does this for the entire race. I'm not going to go through it again, but there is this perception I'm picking up that its dangerous and so was F1 (F1 the Killer Years you can find on Vimeo) so its same same. It's not same same. It's inherently dangerous and the 'skills' of 'driving in traffic' actually mean just keep it taped and don't wiggle around at 300kph because holy poo poo everyone around you has no room either.

Anyways, I'm just articulating it to you. It runs pretty deep.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Please don't take Tony's posts as a voice of the worst thread as a whole.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Here, Watch "GRAND PRIX THE KILLER YEARS".

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14el38_grand-prix-the-killer-years-documentary_auto

Sadly our form of Formula racing also had similar problems...but make note of the word "similar" in that title.

e: slightly beaten, but I'm keeping the link up. Had not realized you already watched it.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Please don't take Tony's posts as a voice of the worst thread as a whole.

I know its probably hard not to when I post like an adult and you poo poo out yet another unfunny meme

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How the gently caress did the worst thread get worse? :psyduck:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

I know its probably hard not to when I post like an adult and you poo poo out yet another unfunny meme

Yeah I'm the problem in this thread my man. You got it!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

Here, Watch "GRAND PRIX THE KILLER YEARS".

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14el38_grand-prix-the-killer-years-documentary_auto

Sadly our form of Formula racing also had similar problems...but make note of the word "similar" in that title.

e: slightly beaten, but I'm keeping the link up. Had not realized you already watched it.

Ah man, I've done a pile of ovals in iRacing. I'll be watching the Indy 500 this year. I know its probably a mindfuck to think I'm coming from somewhere other than just groupthink bullshit, but it's true.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Poster Tony Montana: Not even once.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tony Montana posted:

oh hey! its that guy! look hes got a good ole boy avatar and everything.

Well this is the F1 thread, mate. You can go and talk about how ovals are good somewhere, but it sure isn't here.

I watched the Mansell 93 season review yesterday. Its on youtube. Guess what happened to Mansell at his first outing at an oval, Phoniex it was?

Near career ending accident. Nothing interesting or cool, just the car swapped ends while turning into a corner at 300kph. He was knocked unconcious and his back literally split open internally.

Ovals, are they good? - The Quickest and Most Accurate Intelligence Test

Hey Tony, when I said you can hold opinions and not get probated for them? Yeah, you can still do that and not get in trouble.

But being a massive jackass about those opinions will.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is...is this how it feels when I post?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

No

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

Ah man, I've done a pile of ovals in iRacing. I'll be watching the Indy 500 this year. I know its probably a mindfuck to think I'm coming from somewhere other than just groupthink bullshit, but it's true.

eh and I'm a grand prix fan. I try to watch every race. Kimi is my favorite driver...and I'm digging the Vettel-Ferrari pairing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

How the gently caress did the worst thread get worse? :psyduck:

:ughh: because give people an inch and they take you 500 miles (:haw:)

Also, for the record, Tony's probation was for him being a jackass, not him holding "wrong opinions"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you could get probated for bad opinions, this place would be a ghost town.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Starting with yours truly!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Would you guys be okay if Max wins his WDC like this?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
:yikes:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Both ovals and road courses are cool imho

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

No.

You're a spicy sausauge.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

The reputation is as I said. We saw Zinardi lose his legs because of the format of the racing. There are plenty of examples. I know you guys are all comon its not that bad but the rest of the world really wonders what youre thinking

SPELL THE MOTHERFUCKER'S NAME PROPERLY, rear end in a top hat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

SPELL THE MOTHERFUCKER'S NAME PROPERLY, rear end in a top hat.

:ughh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That meltdown was Mansell-esque.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
For the record I would like to not whitewash the idiotic safety record of the Indy Racing League which did stupid poo poo like race with cars that flew like kites for like a solid decade, and threw like 35 cars into a massive pack race in a fairly small oval that resulted in a crash so bad that the result of one fatality was actually a pretty good outcome.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
1996 Spain is on the f1 classics stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/v2gwX2xdLCp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That race kind of sucks but is also kind of awesome. One of Hill's most fraudulent performances, though I don't think it quite matches Japan 1995 where he raced like someone who had never properly been trained before.

• Locked thread