Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I was going to ask if you can still look up 2B's skirt but the video very clearly answered that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

So what you're telling me is, I need to play Monster Hunter Frontier Z

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017

CJacobs posted:

So what you're telling me is, I need to play Monster Hunter Frontier Z

Sure, if you can read Japanese. Or if you can find a fan translation patch. It's probably gonna be stuck in the same ditch Phantasy Star Online 2 has been in forever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So what you're telling me is, I need to learn how to read japanese

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

So what you're telling me is, I need to learn how to read japanese

Don't forget to pay extra for that VPN solution they can ban at any time cause they surely gonna restrict access on IP basis

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So what you're telling me is I should give up :negative:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

So what you're telling me is I should give up :negative:

Pretty much. It's subscription based, will never get localized, needs a VPN and currently has no Fan Patch(I think )

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I took a break after getting Ending D a few days ago. Now the game won't launch for me. I've tried having steam verify the files, uninstalling/reinstalling and launching directly from the .exe. Anyone else having/had a similar issue?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Can't say I expected this. I strongly expected an FF14 crossover event, but this one was out of left field. Where is my Emil mask, Yoshi P? Where is it?!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So.

Finally got Automata OST in my car, jamming to the tunes, when Emil's Song comes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo

Wait... hearing it not in english, it sounds... very familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c

That's loving hilarious, I love this game :allears:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Great move imo possibly the best rn

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Defiance Industries posted:

I took a break after getting Ending D a few days ago. Now the game won't launch for me. I've tried having steam verify the files, uninstalling/reinstalling and launching directly from the .exe. Anyone else having/had a similar issue?

Is this related to the system update patch?

Oh uhhh um probs not i just saw steam.

That sucks have you tried cussing at your computer maybe issue some vague threats

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Got ending A. I never ran into Emil again after that short cutscene early on. Also I hope the other endings/playthroughs give me more context because I feel like the game proper was still sorta introducing stuff and content and then bam oh go kill this guy, that's it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Calaveron posted:

Got ending A. I never ran into Emil again after that short cutscene early on. Also I hope the other endings/playthroughs give me more context because I feel like the game proper was still sorta introducing stuff and content and then bam oh go kill this guy, that's it.

Don't worry King Of Cool the game has ALOT more to show you

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Guhhh I was going to get all the achievements the honest way, but I ended up breaking once I found out I need to go hunting for a bunch of rare enemy types to get the rest of the elaborate gadgets I needed to upgrade all of my pods. I've got 90% unit data but that extra 5% would be pretty awful to try and find. I'm just going to get the last one I need (the all endings one) and call it good. I love this game and don't want it to end, but I don't want my last experience with it for a while to be an awful grind.

Emil is a pretty great boss fight, it's like Hegel if it didn't suck.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I unlocked/bought every achievement possible on pc but steam is telling me one is still locked, what the gently caress

e: spoiler tag

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 15, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
This game is odd, anachronistic. Feels like a PS2 era game. Weirdly fun

You kind of expect weirdness to get gatekept due to the cost of developing for newer platforms aside from the indie market

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So.

Finally got Automata OST in my car, jamming to the tunes, when Emil's Song comes on.

personally I think the japanese version of the song is really cute and adorable while the english one is manic in kind of a scary way

I'm not sure which one suits Emil better

edit: maybe that's just because it's playing from the equivalent of a megaphone in-game so it always sounds unintelligible. the soundtrack ver. is pretty cute too :3:

Cephas fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 15, 2017

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Cephas posted:

personally I think the japanese version of the song is really cute and adorable while the english one is manic in kind of a scary way

edit: maybe that's just because it's playing from the equivalent of a megaphone in-game so it always sounds unintelligible. the soundtrack ver. is pretty cute too :3:

The english version sounds like something out of Fallout. It has a very post-apocalyptic 50's cereal commercial vibe to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Am I the only person who said "oh gently caress" out loud when (endgame-ish spoilers) you're staggering around while 2B is getting corrupted and she just fuckin' explodes and the screen goes to static for a bit? Like, yeah, it doesn't actually hurt you, but man I jumped in my seat when it happened. That poo poo was like when you die in The Last of Us or something.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I unlocked/bought every achievement possible on pc but steam is telling me one is still locked, what the gently caress

e: spoiler tag

Like three of the achievements that are supposed to pop as part of story progress never triggered for me, could be the same issue. You can't buy those.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cephas posted:

I prefer the english version myself because it fits Emil like a glove, though I dunno why but the english version doesn't have the same... uh... pitch/timing thing going on that the japanese version does which makes it sound like Emil's theme from Nier 1.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Guhhh I was going to get all the achievements the honest way, but I ended up breaking once I found out I need to go hunting for a bunch of rare enemy types to get the rest of the elaborate gadgets I needed to upgrade all of my pods. I've got 90% unit data but that extra 5% would be pretty awful to try and find. I'm just going to get the last one I need (the all endings one) and call it good. I love this game and don't want it to end, but I don't want my last experience with it for a while to be an awful grind.

Emil is a pretty great boss fight, it's like Hegel if it didn't suck.

Just buy the achievement from the secret shop.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

CJacobs posted:

Exploding 9S' pants off is not dumb and is in fact the intended way to play the game.
Wait how do you do this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sindai posted:

Wait how do you do this

Self-destruct blows off the pants of any protagonist in the blast radius. For some reason.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

CJacobs posted:

Am I the only person who said "oh gently caress" out loud when (endgame-ish spoilers) you're staggering around while 2B is getting corrupted and she just fuckin' explodes and the screen goes to static for a bit? Like, yeah, it doesn't actually hurt you, but man I jumped in my seat when it happened. That poo poo was like when you die in The Last of Us or something.

That entire section made me feel real bad. Like, in a game full of feeling bad about what's going on, I really did not like seeing 2B die a slow, agonizing, malfunctioning death. Compared to the microwave hall in MGS4, it was way more horrible for me. I think it being such a long, protracted sequence, being actively unpleasant for the player, and the fact that her entire hardware and software were failing on her really did it. Having your CPU overheat and combust inside your head sounds so horrific. :(

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

CJacobs posted:

You're not! That part was an amazing fake out. I thought she actually had exploded. Then your vision comes back and she's still in one piece and you're relieved but also horrified, because surely there's no way she's getting out of this now, right? But maybe... and then :smith:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I thought this was kind of interesting. Part of the Drakengard 3 soundtrack attributes some of its tracks to "YoRHa"

I guess they had that name floating around their team for a while.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Cephas posted:

I thought this was kind of interesting. Part of the Drakengard 3 soundtrack attributes some of its tracks to "YoRHa"

http://i.imgur.com/bgd51QQ.jpg

I guess they had that name floating around their team for a while.

The name originally came from a concept album from like 2014 where they called the idol group YoRHa and it wasn't even visibly related to Taro or Okabe. Then came the stage play.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
That 2B flat-face in the Monster Hunter event...

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Defiance Industries posted:

I had issues with the FAR mod causing the game to not load. If you have it installed, try uninstalling and re-installing it.

Also everyone check out this nifty **** website. Its spoilery if you have not finished Route B.

http://verb2b.surge.sh/

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cephas posted:

That entire section made me feel real bad. Like, in a game full of feeling bad about what's going on, I really did not like seeing 2B die a slow, agonizing, malfunctioning death. Compared to the microwave hall in MGS4, it was way more horrible for me. I think it being such a long, protracted sequence, being actively unpleasant for the player, and the fact that her entire hardware and software were failing on her really did it. Having your CPU overheat and combust inside your head sounds so horrific. :(

And then following it up with 9S having the exact same issue and you having just enough time to say "oh, gently caress" and your pod is like "just hack yourself back into working condition, dumbass"

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I got the Indestructible Dress Module from the shop. Where do I get the one that removes her skirt permanently? It's the last accessory I need.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
It's the same module. Equip does one thing, Use does the other.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Xeremides posted:

It's the same module. Equip does one thing, Use does the other.
No poo poo? Awesome. I thought they were two different things. Thanks!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

chiasaur11 posted:

If you died on the boss and didn't collect your body, those chips are gone.

Happened to me as well. If you still had your chips, they'd be slotted in like usual.

Actually I found that if you somehow avoid dying all through route B your body will be there after the cave area unlocks. Don't think too hard about the temporal metaphysics...

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo

Wait... hearing it not in english, it sounds... very familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c

That's loving hilarious, I love this game :allears:
Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBGWRqt7uM

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Stayed up too late getting ending C last night. I'm torn between going right back to ending D or start collecting joke endings. I have a handful already but I haven't made a concerted effort to go looking for them.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Irony.or.Death posted:

Like three of the achievements that are supposed to pop as part of story progress never triggered for me, could be the same issue. You can't buy those.

I see, thanks. Glad we've got SAM, turns out I was missing the 'beat the prologue' achievement :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rangpur posted:

Stayed up too late getting ending C last night. I'm torn between going right back to ending D or start collecting joke endings. I have a handful already but I haven't made a concerted effort to go looking for them.

With the now unlocked chapter select and a guide you can get most of them really easily, so if you wanna get them, go for it.