Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Spiteski posted:

Wait what?

It was pretty much a cameo, but he played the cult leader on the old video Jaha was watching. Was hoping beyond hope he'd have a bigger part somehow, because he's an awesome actor who's in everything and plays a lot of different characters well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My friend pulled a pretty elaborate prank on me this past weekend.

He basically copied BuzzFeed's HTML code and plugged in a few images and headline, and send my partner and I a photo that basically was a ruse of John Murphy's actor leaving for an AMC show, dooming his character on The 100.

And honestly if he hadn't told us yesterday, we both would've kept believing it until one of us would've Googled it, haha. Help me with ways to get revenge, thread! :black101:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

My friend pulled a pretty elaborate prank on me this past weekend.

He basically copied BuzzFeed's HTML code and plugged in a few images and headline, and send my partner and I a photo that basically was a ruse of John Murphy's actor leaving for an AMC show, dooming his character on The 100.

And honestly if he hadn't told us yesterday, we both would've kept believing it until one of us would've Googled it, haha. Help me with ways to get revenge, thread! :black101:

Death.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

By Clarke! :kingsley:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I am about halfway through the second season of this series so far. It's pretty good. Have a vague idea of the direction it takes going forward and will be interested to see how it unfolds.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

I am about halfway through the second season of this series so far. It's pretty good. Have a vague idea of the direction it takes going forward and will be interested to see how it unfolds.
The first two seasons are just amazing. It's unfortunately extremely uneven in the following seasons, but those first two are some of the best and most original TV I've watched.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ufarn posted:

The first two seasons are just amazing. It's unfortunately extremely uneven in the following seasons, but those first two are some of the best and most original TV I've watched.

Especially because it had no business being as good as it was. It started life as a CW YA show with hot kids and no adults who were setting up a Lord of the Flies society and fighting primitives and then completely changed the premise and became 100x deeper.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Astroman posted:

Especially because it had no business being as good as it was. It started life as a CW YA show with hot kids and no adults who were setting up a Lord of the Flies society and fighting primitives and then completely changed the premise and became 100x deeper.
It's one of those shows that are impossible to describe to your friends when you sing their praises.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ufarn posted:

Yeah. And these 2 seasons are like a complete, concise story. Everything that happens at S2 was set up in S1, and explains it

Then we have S3 with plots and characters coming out of nowhere, and getting nowhere

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season 3 had some pacing issues, but it was still very good imo. 4 has been a return to form so far. Not quite as tight as one and two, but the show and its universe and cast have expanded.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I really like Season 3. It has the series best villain, for one thing.

I do think the first half of the season bites off more than it can chew, but I like a lot of the ideas that it's attempting to play with.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
IMHO the city of light/ALIE plot was indeed good and interesting, for the most part.

But the rest (ice nation politics, the duel, Pike etc) was dumb and rushed and convoluted. And these took like half of the season

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've only read summaries for season three, but does it have a kind of Invasion of the Body Snatchers plot where everyone is under some kind of control or influence?

Because I really dislike that plot. That and "everyone gets sick except one guy who has to find a cure" are the two stock plots that I tend to find least interesting. :(

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've only read summaries for season three, but does it have a kind of Invasion of the Body Snatchers plot where everyone is under some kind of control or influence?

yep, but that's actually the good part of season 3

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I shall just have to see how it goes.

I'm not sure why I don't like those plots, only that I can't recall ever particularly enjoying them when they show up in other shows. :shrug:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Season 3

quote:

Because I really dislike that plot. That and "everyone gets sick except one guy who has to find a cure" are the two stock plots that I tend to find least interesting. :(

Season 4

:(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ho-hum.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I finished season two and thought it was pretty good on the whole, though I might take a break and watch something else (something lighter, perhaps) for a little while before I resume with season three.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm gonna take this opportunity to give my past self some advice vicariously through you:

Don't keep watching after season 2.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

d0grent posted:

I'm gonna take this opportunity to give my past self some advice vicariously through you:

Don't keep watching after season 2.
Pretty much.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like I'm getting some mixed signals on this page.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Season 3 is :shrug: depending on who you ask. Most people don't like the whole Pike story which I thought was not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. There's also the use of a trope which made people raving mad for a while.
Honestly, I think season 4 is the worse by far.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Season 3 was okay

I have not seen season 4

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I must admit I'm not completely perturbed, because the last time I was warned about how rubbish and terrible and awful a particular season of TV show was before I actually got seeing it myself (Buffy season six) I ended up thinking it was fine. :shrug:

I'm taking a break to watch a little bit of something else before I go on to season three anyway.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Dalael posted:

Season 3 is :shrug: depending on who you ask. Most people don't like the whole Pike story which I thought was not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. There's also the use of a trope which made people raving mad for a while.
Honestly, I think season 4 is the worse by far.

Honestly my biggest problem with Season 3 was how they very quickly introduced a girlfriend for Bellamy only to immediately off her to give him a reason to want to work with Pike.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wezlar posted:

Honestly my biggest problem with Season 3 was how they very quickly introduced a girlfriend for Bellamy only to immediately off her to give him a reason to want to work with Pike.

Fridging is a trope that's been around forever because it's a nice lazy character motivation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well we all should have seen that coming.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm surprised Jasper didn't Jonestown his little :emo: crew

Head Six Becca is evil. Though I'm still thinking the rocket explodes and spreads magic nanomachines that converts everyone to nightbloods.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I loved how they called Jaha out on trying to basically rebuild Ark Society in the Bunker with him in charge.You can see it going to his head, he's getting the best of all worlds--he gets to be the Savior leading his people to salvation AND set himself up as a strong contender for total leader once inside the Ark Bunker. He did show a surprising amount of character growth in letting Jasper and the Gang go though.

Equally good was the fakeout with Clarke meeting her destiny and nobly sacrificing herself to become the new Commander and be top leader of all the groups including Skaikru, only to get shut down by the ever pragmatic Roan (who I am starting to really like). Like Jaha, she's gonna be denied her "inevitable" chance to take over.

This show does a pretty good job in taking left turns when you expect a right even in the 3rd season. I suppose the big question will be if Octavia would actually fight for the Ark people, or just join Treekru. If she did the former, I imagine she'd win and then Clarke/Kane/Jaha would magnanimously allow everyone into the Bunker which would set up a hilarious enclosed society of multiple Grounder tribes at each others throats as they muscle out Skaikru in running the place.

Or not, this show does tend to do flip expectations on you especially at the end of the season.

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 27, 2017

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I guess it's too much to hope for that they all die, and next season is just silent shots of radiation-ravaged landscape that I can put on my tv like a screensaver.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Science :argh:
Also, good to know that Octavia still loves murderin', and is gonna be murdering the gently caress out of some folks soon :black101:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Good episode. Glad they seem to be clearing the decks of a lot of the conflicts this season. I'll be happy if this is the last season of the clan conflict arc, and they're definitely done with Arkadia and the arc sets. Any bets on whom -- Jasper or Harper -- will inevitably freak out at the last moment?

That brain tumour, now it's taken Becca's form, seems more and more like the second coming of ALLIE. "Nightblood for everyone!" Yeah right. She just wants a way to escape from Raven's body, and now she's trapped in a biological medium (as opposed to a technological one) she needs a new set of pathways to establish her network.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Y'know, when a legendary whirlwind of death tells you to not pick a fight with them, you really shouldn't try to pick a fight with them.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Clarks mother is the worse.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Good episode. Glad they seem to be clearing the decks of a lot of the conflicts this season. I'll be happy if this is the last season of the clan conflict arc, and they're definitely done with Arkadia and the arc sets.

When they were walking into the bunker, it felt like "..and here's our new set for next season."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really not sure where this show is going, like could they really spend even just one season completely stuck in the bunker? Because they really aren't doing anything to stop Primefire from coming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Octavia is going to fight the radiation.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

muscles like this! posted:

I'm really not sure where this show is going, like could they really spend even just one season completely stuck in the bunker? Because they really aren't doing anything to stop Primefire from coming.

Maybe they'll have a 5-year timeskip in between seasons so that they no longer have to pretend that these late-twenties/early-thirties actors are teenagers.

Because, yeah, stress and hard living can make you look older (the National Geographic Afghan refugee girl was 12 when the famous photo of her was taken), but it's been getting more and more distracting each season, especially when you take a look at the timeline and you're reminded that only about 6 months have passed.

INH5 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 30, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I hope they bring in that space colony they've name dropped a few times this season.

If Season 2 was vampires and zombies, and Season 4 is a biblical apocalypse, then I want Season 5 to be space aliens. You know, allegorically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

I hope they bring in that space colony they've name dropped a few times this season.

If Season 2 was vampires and zombies, and Season 4 is a biblical apocalypse, then I want Season 5 to be space aliens. You know, allegorically.

Mars colony!

Or hidden moon Nazis

• Locked thread