Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Norns posted:

Bernie is going to save Interlagos. Let him be a crotchety old man.

Bernie is a hero. He's Robin Hood. He takes money from the bad tracks and gives it to the good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

poty posted:

Bernie is a hero. He's Robin Hood. He takes money from the bad tracks and gives it to the good ones

There's good tracks? :confused:

I thought it was Tilkedomes all the way down!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

poty posted:

Good tracks like Abu Dhabi and Baku.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
No he takes money from those places and gives it to Interlagos which he's going to buy I guess

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Does he already own anything else besides Paul Ricard?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure TM quite grasps that this thread also posts about Bathurst, Le Mans, and Formula E at times. Not even mentioning all the MotoGP chat. :shrug:

Bernie really is the ultimate troll. I suspect this is his life now; randomly turning up at the F1 and attempting to make Chase's job as hard as possible.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Bernie is going to buy Interlagos and then try to charge F1 to come and race there, isn't he?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Well those last few pages were hot garbage. It's like this thread is in heat between FP1 and the race.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mansell should have died when he shaved the moustache IMO.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Clarence posted:

Bernie is going to buy Interlagos and then try to charge F1 to come and race there, isn't he?

The way it's written it sounds like he had disdain for the fans.
"I tried to make money for f1, those idiots just want to pander to the fans. Pfft."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Tony Montana is clearly the worst poster (for example he's British) and therefore the Worst Thread deserves him, it's a harsh truth but it must be accepted. However he's right about open wheel ovals, they're death traps.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh lord, previews says we are going to be treated to a Lewis story which begins "we lived in a one bedroom flat". No you didn't, your dad lived there after your mother kicked him out of the posh 5 bed house for cheating on her you shitstain.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ. I'm not loving British. You're here all the time, are you being sarcastic?

Anyways, the current BBC 5 Live podcast goes through it quite a bit. Danny Ric openly says Indycars scare him and he'd drive in the Daytona 500 but probably not the Indy. The Sky commentators talk about it a bit and they even ask Zak Brown if they think it's an excessive risk. Lewis talks about how he's not a fan of the series or cars and the likelyhood of him doing something like that being 'highly unlikely'.

Anyway I'm an Italian born Australian. I lived in London for 2 months before deciding it was not the country for me.

I'm right about plenty of things and if I just stop openly calling people loving idiots for not realizing it immediately, I'll probably get more traction.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Ban the Merc's. Flying carbon death javellins all over the shop, noone's safe.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I on the other hand am currently thinking my decision to be in the U.K. and not the great and glorious state of Victoria may have been the correct one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That was Stroll's version of a hot lap and 1.8 seconds behind a Toro rosso on the same tyres.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Merde.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I guess maybe they should've listened when Grosjean said he had tons of oversteer.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress off RBR

Bottas is still trash

Send Mad Max to Ferrari for Kimi

#hottake

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Well those last few pages were hot garbage. It's like this thread is in heat between FP1 and the race.

I think my eyes just got cancer. :eyepoop:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSlEWZ-Yuo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Honda have said it will take them a month to get rid of the engine vibrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm talking bout good vibrations

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Honda have said it will take them a month to get rid of the engine vibrations.

Yeah, B-spec engine arriving in Monaco or Montreal. Will be interesting to see if they make any progress on the power front or if it'll just improve driveability.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
The NBC Live app is pulling a Kimi (git it? it's taking a poo poo). It refuses to stream FP3 :argh:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FP3? Don't you mean qualifying?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FIA are now monitoring oil consumption

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qualifying? don't you mean the Lewis Hamilton Domination Station™?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

Good. The mercs will finally get caught cheating!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Honda safe for now. If they start monitoring piston consumption, though.....

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

oliwan posted:

I'm talking bout good vibrations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtR53oRsAKI

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

FP3? Don't you mean qualifying?

Not on for me for another half hour supposedly - in the meantime I was trying to watch a little FP3, but I guess NBC decided for me that it was a waste of time.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

C4 is pretty darn good for F1, the team works really well

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

Jesus Christ. I'm not loving British. You're here all the time, are you being sarcastic?

Anyways, the current BBC 5 Live podcast goes through it quite a bit. Danny Ric openly says Indycars scare him and he'd drive in the Daytona 500 but probably not the Indy. The Sky commentators talk about it a bit and they even ask Zak Brown if they think it's an excessive risk. Lewis talks about how he's not a fan of the series or cars and the likelyhood of him doing something like that being 'highly unlikely'.

Anyway I'm an Italian born Australian. I lived in London for 2 months before deciding it was not the country for me.

I'm right about plenty of things and if I just stop openly calling people loving idiots for not realizing it immediately, I'll probably get more traction.

If your posts were any less interesting you'd be Tony Yawntana

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

There it is, Alonso has the Triple Crown in mind, love it if he did it, both villneuve and mansell have failed at the last, Le mans is so tough to win

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hell yes imagine a Webber/Button/Alonso Le Mans team

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eric Bouillier is going to have a heart attack. Poor guy he is always red.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gonna be harder for Alonso because Honda's never gonna let him race for Toyota, and the Toyota domination starts this year.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
gently caress. Missed the predictor window on the golf course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Powershift posted:

Gonna be harder for Alonso because Honda's never gonna let him race for Toyota, and the Toyota domination starts this year.

Doesn't his contract end this year? I can't imagine him staying if the car stays garbage .

• Locked thread