Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Dick Trauma posted:

I watched too many game shows when I was a kid so I can't read those words without hearing it in my head as an announcer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ0BXUkzRqM

God dammit this is exactly what I thought as well.

Now tell me Dick Trauma, is that number higher or lower than the actual price of this Maytag washer and dryer set?

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Yeahhh EVGA GTX 1080 club!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

strangemusic posted:

God dammit this is exactly what I thought as well.

Now tell me Dick Trauma, is that number higher or lower than the actual price of this Maytag washer and dryer set?

I choose to go with the box, so the number is both higher and lower until we see what's inside! :pseudo:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

I watched too many game shows when I was a kid so I can't read those words without hearing it in my head as an announcer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ0BXUkzRqM

Rest in peace Rod Roddy. Part of my childhood died along with him.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Dick Trauma posted:

I choose to go with the box, so the number is both higher and lower until we see what's inside! :pseudo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYvxT_y-c4

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Bought a powerbank that has been confirmed to be able to charge the Nintendo Switch while you play, and my phone is USB-C too so being able to quick charge my phone when I'm out and about will be cool.

Anker PowerCore+ with a 20100mAh capacity

Bigger memory card for the Switch for future game since the internal storage is terrible for how large digital games are these days.

Junji Ito's new book, Dissolving Classroom.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
If I could loving FIND a Switch I'd buy one.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Five pounds of chili peanut M&Ms.

Also a yellow 2016 Honda Fit EX back in January. It's good.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

treiz01 posted:

If I could loving FIND a Switch I'd buy one.
I found one yesterday. I didn't even want one very bad to be honest but I sort of bought it on impulse. You just have to go far enough into the middle of nowhere that no one makes a reddit post every time Walmart's shipment comes in. I stopped at a Target in a town of about 10,000 people and there were three sitting on the shelf at 4PM.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I still want one but I have like 30+ games I'd very much like to play and enjoy before getting yet another drat video game box.

I bought some blue couches from Amazon and they got lost along the way. That is how I found out that Amazon has awful customer service (everything seems to have been outsourced to people who speak terrible English and spend more time apologizing profusely and telling you everything will be okay than they do looking at the loving problem order).

When things go smooth, Amazon is still amazing but that was definitely a disappointing experience. It shouldn't have taken me an hour to get their reps to resend the order. At one point they even conference-called UPS. Like what the gently caress is UPS going to tell me? The item is in Indiana and I am in Texas, this is not a UPS problem in the slightest!

Oh well, another two weeks til I get my cool new budget couches (in blue!) for my rarely-used living room

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Anker Soundbuds

These are the business.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
got a switch, it's awesome so far

view from laying in bed, with tablet i've now got a dual screen bed battlestation :awesome:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I support your switch purchase

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ChocNitty posted:

Anker Soundbuds

These are the business.

Those are the new slim ones yeah? How's the sound quality? I'm debating on grabbing a pair of those or staying wired and grabbing some Shure se215s.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Solid Cake posted:

Junji Ito's new book, Dissolving Classroom.

I just finished his book Cat Diary and it was both creepy and adorable. Highly recommend.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Those are the new slim ones yeah? How's the sound quality? I'm debating on grabbing a pair of those or staying wired and grabbing some Shure se215s.

This is neither here nor there but if you haven't considered Audio Technica IM70s you should. Super comfortable and excellent quality, very balanced sound profile, but if you want a heavy bass response then they're not for you.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Got tired of paying someone else to change motorcycle tires for me. This cost ~$10 more than one tire change. Not a coincidence....

New rear tire time again. Pilot Road 4

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Refurbished iPad Mini 2s are dirt cheap right now, got this with next day shipping for ~$245

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

PCOS Bill posted:

Got tired of paying someone else to change motorcycle tires for me. This cost ~$10 more than one tire change. Not a coincidence....

Good luck! Seating a tire can be a bitch

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Refurbished iPad Mini 2s are dirt cheap right now, got this with next day shipping for ~$245

>dirt cheap
>$245

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

>dirt cheap
>$245

Compared to what they went for new, yeah that's pretty dirt cheap.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sound quality is good for the price though a little bass heavy. I would not get them for serious music listening, but if you want to go wireless. I got them to use while biking, walking, cleaning around the house. Can even be in a different room than my phone and sound stays connected. Good battery life. Loud volume. No desire to spend $160 for Apples airpods.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ChocNitty posted:

Sound quality is good for the price though a little bass heavy. I would not get them for serious music listening, but if you want to go wireless. I got them to use while biking, walking, cleaning around the house. Can even be in a different room than my phone and sound stays connected. Good battery life. Loud volume. No desire to spend $160 for Apples airpods.

Agreed on all points. A fantastic deal at ~$21-$30, love having a wireless set of buds & just another example of Anker making great stuff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Bought this cheap MP3 player after accidentally killing my seven-year-old Sansa Clip+ today.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Confirming this post from my cheap, used, iPad mini 2. I didn't even bother with refurbished, got it for $180 off eBay (16 gb with lte)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

I got a similar pair from Anker a month ago and I'm very happy with them too. I bought them for gym use in hotels. I can set my phone down off to the side and walk around and work out without losing connection and not having to worry about my phone constantly falling out or my headphone cord getting in the way.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Got a fifth of Balvenie 12 for $28 on a cruise ship duty free shop:

I was fed much tequila and finally bought myself an adult watch at another duty free shop:

Hopefully those images work because phone posting

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I didn't get quite that much of a discount, but I bought some liquor today too.

Haven't tried the vermouth yet, but the Bombay East made a nice John Collins.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Got a fifth of Balvenie 12 for $28 on a cruise ship duty free shop:

Dang, I've never had the triple cask but that price is nuts. I can't get the double wood for that.

Some cups (Heath Ceramics)

Some pegboards for my kitchen (not my kitchen pictured)

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

PR4s? How are you liking them?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

mad.radhu posted:

I think you mean "have you gotten them mounted yet?"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Toast Museum posted:

I didn't get quite that much of a discount, but I bought some liquor today too.

Haven't tried the vermouth yet, but the Bombay East made a nice John Collins.

How is the East compared to the regular Sapphire?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

tangy yet delightful posted:

How is the East compared to the regular Sapphire?

It's been a minute since I've had the regular Sapphire, so I can't give too much of a head-to-head comparison, but the added lemongrass and black peppercorn do seem noticeable.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mad.radhu posted:

taqueso posted:

I think you mean "have you gotten them mounted yet?"

Har.

I'm still waiting on the tire and spoon/breakers. I have a PR4 front on the front (Interact Z8 on the rear which was a nice set of tires aside from not getting the tread life I wanted out of them. They didn't have a rear in stock last time I got my front done and the rear had enough life to limp on another month so I just did a front.) with the worn rear it feels way better than a worn tire on both ends, but I'll let you know when I get the new rear on.

I wanted to go with Angel GTs again but they didn't have EITHER in stock and I wanted to ride that afternoon and lol impulse buy, so I'll do a round on PR4s and see which I like better. Like the guy at the shop said, better to find out if I really love Angel GTs or if I'm just used to them now (I have like 45k miles on nothing but Angel GTs now) and maybe something else might be just as good/better.

rockcity posted:

I got a similar pair from Anker a month ago and I'm very happy with them too. I bought them for gym use in hotels. I can set my phone down off to the side and walk around and work out without losing connection and not having to worry about my phone constantly falling out or my headphone cord getting in the way.

I bought a set of Black Zebra bluetooth headphones for under my helmet while riding, and they've gone almost unused since they're way too big to properly get under the padding without tweaking my ears painfully in both directions, on and off. Fortunately they were like $15 wasted versus anything more. Great quality, just a poor fit for what I wanted them for.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Har.

I'm still waiting on the tire and spoon/breakers. I have a PR4 front on the front (Interact Z8 on the rear which was a nice set of tires aside from not getting the tread life I wanted out of them. They didn't have a rear in stock last time I got my front done and the rear had enough life to limp on another month so I just did a front.) with the worn rear it feels way better than a worn tire on both ends, but I'll let you know when I get the new rear on.

I wanted to go with Angel GTs again but they didn't have EITHER in stock and I wanted to ride that afternoon and lol impulse buy, so I'll do a round on PR4s and see which I like better. Like the guy at the shop said, better to find out if I really love Angel GTs or if I'm just used to them now (I have like 45k miles on nothing but Angel GTs now) and maybe something else might be just as good/better.

I bought a set of Black Zebra bluetooth headphones for under my helmet while riding, and they've gone almost unused since they're way too big to properly get under the padding without tweaking my ears painfully in both directions, on and off. Fortunately they were like $15 wasted versus anything more. Great quality, just a poor fit for what I wanted them for.

I thought about using mine for that too but they're pretty bulky so I fear the same problem.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I guess my rear tire got here already, but came FedEx, and I only have UPS notices set up. The driver got creative and tucked it behind my smoker at the far end of the porch. I was close to bitching on the internet about it getting misdelivered before I looked that far over.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Toast Museum posted:

It's been a minute since I've had the regular Sapphire, so I can't give too much of a head-to-head comparison, but the added lemongrass and black peppercorn do seem noticeable.

Sign me right the gently caress up for that. Gotta find a good liquor store nearby.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
As a Brit, please don't make gin and tonic with regular Bombay Sapphire and American tonic. It will make me weep nationalistic tears.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Jeza posted:

As a Brit, please don't make gin and tonic with regular Bombay Sapphire and American tonic. It will make me weep nationalistic tears.

How should it be done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Apparently American tonic water is sweeter, and Bombay Sapphire East was designed to play better with it. I'm sure some of the fancier brands have lower sugar content, though.