Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/853001945535139844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

, he says without realizing caring about the reason that antifa might have a problem with him.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Is anyone else getting the weird feeling that this alt-right poo poo is getting really out of control? I have this premonition that pretty soon there's going to be some actual deaths from street-level fights soon.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is anyone else getting the weird feeling that this alt-right poo poo is getting really out of control? I have this premonition that pretty soon there's going to be some actual deaths from street-level fights soon.

Hooe for the best, preoare for the worst.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Agreed, we gotta be preoared.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

CUCKED AGAIN

The alt-right dipshits think that annoying liberals is war. I'm pretty sure that they are gonna be the ones dying in the street fights if they don't run away first.

The_Politics_Man has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Apr 15, 2017

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Hooe for the best, preoare for the worst.

Hooe springs eternal.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Now I just feel like a dooe :(

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

resar posted:

I'm pretty sure that they are gonna be the ones dying in the street fights if they don't run away first.

YEAH! We'll show them!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

resar posted:

CUCKED AGAIN

The alt-right dipshits think that annoying liberals is war. I'm pretty sure that they are gonna be the ones dying in the street fights if they don't run away first.

but the Suck Zone thread said liberals couldnt POSSIBLY stand up against them (especially in case of armed conflict, because somehow having progressive opinions makes you incapable of aiming a weapon)

I. AM. NOT. ADVOCATING. VIOLENCE!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Liberals think punching Nazis is just as bad as being one.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
the alt-right's definition of warfare consists of making mean posts on social media and every attempt to start poo poo just ends in embarassing youtube videos of some pizza-faced nerd getting decked in the face. if this were nazi germany the brownshirts probably would have turned them down and given them wedgies instead

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

resar posted:

CUCKED AGAIN

That assumes that it's fists, bottles, and bats we're talking about. More righties have guns than us. All it takes is one nervous open-carry dude with an AR and a larger number of antifa with bare hands and clubs, and poo poo goes off. Or so the :tinfoil: part of my brain says. I try not to listen to it too much.

MizPiz posted:

Now I just feel like a dooe :(

Get an oar before it's too late, gotta be preoared.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
People could end up getting killed because of this mess, because there is IRL organizing and people on different sides advocating violence toward others, but the alt-right is waaaaay less cohesive some of you might assume.

It's mostly forum/Twitter shitposting and long, rambling podcasts. There is a great deal of infighting, and they've been in turmoil since the election, since the Trump campaign was an emotional crutch for these men. They projected their hopes and desires onto Trump, but now that he's president, the government has been returning to the mean somewhat, because the office of the presidency is still bigger than one man.

The Syria missile strike was interesting because the alt-righters splintered in different directions. Instead of upending the Western-led international order, Trump is turning into an even more militant and hard-line defender of it. For some, this is unforgivable. For pragmatic "normies" who got mixed up in the alt-right but not in an ideological sense, they just want to make liberals cry or whatever, then they can go in whatever direction.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Now, I ... think that adds an unpredictable and dangerous element. Because there's no longer a direction for where they want to go. Some of the more level-headed alt-righters have made a better argument (IMO) that things take time, and that Trump has been cracking down on immigration for real, which is true, so they should be more or less happy. "You can't always get what you want." But for the more extreme voices, it's a mess and they're quite depressed, and they're very radicalized.

It's when the cohesiveness breaks down that you might see more individuals lash out. A lot of terrorists who radicalize over the internet try to get involved in "real life" activities, only to find that the larger "cause" is not willing to go along with it. Timothy McVeigh became disillusioned with militias, which were too defensive-oriented for his tastes. Islamic extremists are often expelled from their mosques for being radical. But we'll have to wait and see.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Race Realists posted:

but the Suck Zone thread said liberals couldnt POSSIBLY stand up against them (especially in case of armed conflict, because somehow having progressive opinions makes you incapable of aiming a weapon)

I. AM. NOT. ADVOCATING. VIOLENCE!!!

I am. Bash the fash. Everyone who mattered thought that video of Spencer getting clocked was funny.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Relevant Tangent posted:

I am. Bash the fash. Everyone who mattered thought that video of Spencer getting clocked was funny.

:allears:

which time?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The GBS thread about the first time was pretty good.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Relevant Tangent posted:

The GBS thread about the first time was pretty good.

#gbsgoonsmatter?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Wikkheiser posted:

Now, I ... think that adds an unpredictable and dangerous element. Because there's no longer a direction for where they want to go. Some of the more level-headed alt-righters have made a better argument (IMO) that things take time, and that Trump has been cracking down on immigration for real, which is true, so they should be more or less happy. "You can't always get what you want." But for the more extreme voices, it's a mess and they're quite depressed, and they're very radicalized.

It's when the cohesiveness breaks down that you might see more individuals lash out. A lot of terrorists who radicalize over the internet try to get involved in "real life" activities, only to find that the larger "cause" is not willing to go along with it. Timothy McVeigh became disillusioned with militias, which were too defensive-oriented for his tastes. Islamic extremists are often expelled from their mosques for being radical. But we'll have to wait and see.

This lack of a solid command structure, on both sides, is my main worry. All it takes are one or two random chance actions before some random people get in a fight, and then the whole thing escalates. Organized hard-right and hard-left people could probably be reigned in, but what about their friends who just came to a rally for the first time? I've been in a couple brawls that turned ugly before (not politically motivated, though, punk rock and townie poo poo), and most times it wasn't some people with real beefs, it was just people who looked at each other wrong for a second or two. If they'd actually been armed and at a pro/anti-trump demo, well poo poo, there's the loving Lexington of our lifetime.

Race Realists posted:

because somehow having progressive opinions makes you incapable of aiming a weapon)

It doesn't make someone less capable of using weapons, it makes them less likely to have them.

e: if it helps, I'm a loving coward, and will probably do nothing more than hide under my mattress

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This lack of a solid command structure, on both sides, is my main worry. All it takes are one or two random chance actions before some random people get in a fight, and then the whole thing escalates. Organized hard-right and hard-left people could probably be reigned in, but what about their friends who just came to a rally for the first time? I've been in a couple brawls that turned ugly before (not politically motivated, though, punk rock and townie poo poo), and most times it wasn't some people with real beefs, it was just people who looked at each other wrong for a second or two. If they'd actually been armed and at a pro/anti-trump demo, well poo poo, there's the loving Lexington of our lifetime.
Yeah. What's somewhat worrying and also ... less worrying ... is that the people involved don't seem to have any idea what they're doing. They're not in control of their emotions and when tempers flare things get out of hand. Like you said -- bar brawls. It's asses and elbows flying around, and it's a disorganized mess. So there's been quite a lot of it, but it's also been about posturing and is just generally monkey-brained. It's a minor miracle no one that I can recall off the top of my head has been killed in one of these clashes.

Take Based Stick Man for instance. He looks ridiculous and doesn't know anything. He's being reinforced by his 15 minutes of internet fame, and is getting prodded into picking fights with teenagers, basically. His family must be embarrassed at the spectacle he's making for himself. So I'm not worried about him. And I have to say there's more than one Antifa mugging for the cameras who isn't behaving much better.

More than anything, I'm worried about another Anders Breivik. He was really a worst-case scenario, and also a warning because the really dangerous guy out there (and it's statistically probable this guy exists right now, and is planning) nobody knows about.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
honestly stick man just seems like a scared punk. :shrug:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/sbpdl/status/853048010183516160

I've followed this guy for years, and he's done nothing but repeat his tweets over and over again in a vain attempt to get attention to his books

https://twitter.com/NotTiredWinning/status/853060113183199232

https://mobile.twitter.com/amerika_blog/status/852980344433369093

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Apr 15, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Someone will die and it will most likely be an antifas kid who gets shot by a MAGA man.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I'm considering making a thread about Neoliberalism, Globalism and Identity Politics

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Montasque posted:

Someone will die and it will most likely be an antifas kid who gets shot by a MAGA man.

Nah. Leftists can't help but shoot each other at alt-right events. lol

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-police-seek-felony-assault-charge-against-alleged-shooter-during-milo-yiannopoulos-speech/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

it wasnt a leftist thay shot another leftist it was some alt-right dweeb. gently caress off back to gip.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Are you too stupid to read your own articles? It says clearly, the cuck who's wife had to protect him was there to see Milo speak.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-police-seek-felony-assault-charge-against-alleged-shooter-during-milo-yiannopoulos-speech/
Marc Hokoana, whose Facebook page has indicated he is a supporter of President Donald Trump, Yiannopoulos and the National Rifle Association

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it wasnt a leftist thay shot another leftist it was some alt-right dweeb. gently caress off back to gip.

it initially reported that way (lefty shooting another lefty), remember?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

god bless spacetoaster for having the guts to speak out about left-on-left crime

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Race Realists posted:

I'm considering making a thread about Neoliberalism, Globalism and Identity Politics

i feel like that's every thread in cspam

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/853337412310880258

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

*spencer channel-surfs into cable news land and has a panic attack*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wow, the loving chudds are getting their poo poo kicked in.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/853358827785170944/photo/1

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/markdice/status/853353350414319616

Participating in a lovely outdoor bar brawl = terrorism now apparently

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/ProudBoysCA/status/853337688056909824

Reminder: The Proud Boys are named after a song from ALADDIN: THE MUSICAL.

Not even named after a song from the original Disney animated film.

E: Here's video of the 'street fight'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8GVtXfATtI

Montasque has issued a correction as of 23:23 on Apr 15, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

THC posted:

https://twitter.com/markdice/status/853353350414319616

Participating in a lovely outdoor bar brawl = terrorism now apparently

I say embrace it. Whole point should be to make those little shits scared anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

dont shortshame friend