Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Prorat posted:

Majorian followed by Dizz response, get out of the thread lol

I demand my payment, I was told to stay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

On the topic of conservatives being powered by human suffering: "Park City man denied [double lung] transplant because of marijuana use."

Boy I'm glad we have Jeff Sessions as our AG.:allears:

quote:

Officials at the University of Utah could not talk specifically about Riley's case, but they issued a written statement to KSL saying University Hospital follows international guidelines for transplants and evaluates cases individually.
:abloo:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Majorian posted:

On the topic of conservatives being powered by human suffering: "Park City man denied [double lung] transplant because of marijuana use."

Boy I'm glad we have Jeff Sessions as our AG.:allears:

What's the issue? If you're a loving smoker why should anyone give you their dead loved ones lungs?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

What's the issue? If you're a loving smoker why should anyone give you their dead loved ones lungs?

Because Marijuana doesn't work that way

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Smoke is smoke and non smoking lungs are healthier than lungs ingesting burnt plant matter.

This isn't politics and you needn't gasp at every perceived slight.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bholder posted:

lol. Yeah, tell us all about how sucking burning smoke into your lungs is healthy. Healing, even. :allears:

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Prorat posted:

Pence always looked like someone. A very smug someone...

I present to you from season 1, Barristan Selmy

His eyes are too far in and too close together.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Majorian's eyes are too far in and too close together.

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

I don't see a problem condemning a 19 year old kid to die because he has smoked some marijuana. Only bad, immoral people use weed.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
The grandiose claims about the safety of weed should be taken lightly, especially if you're combusting it...... which I do every night

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Toadvine posted:

Smoke is smoke and non smoking lungs are healthier than lungs ingesting burnt plant matter.
i mean i'm a really :420: kind of guy but even i agree with this

if it was in his system because he doesn't smoke but rather because he eats it, though, then that's another story entirely, but hell even i'll spark it once in a age even though i know it's the worst way to ingest the stuff. it may be the herb of the field, but smoke is smoke, guys

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sorry guys, if you even been near a fire and inhaled the smoke involuntarily you are off the transplant list

Smoke is smoke

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

uh, what relevance does damage from smoke have? he's getting a fresh new pair of lungs. what is relevant is that once you've partoked of the devil's ganja you are indelibly marked as a wastrel and will be unable to to resist smoking again in the future.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Hell I smoke too but I don't pretend that pot smoke is actually the good kind of combustion particulates that lungs secretly love

Bholder posted:

inhaled the smoke involuntarily

Oh is that how people get high nowadays?

This isn't a political issue you dolts it's the hospital making objective decisions about the best possible use of a limited resource.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Lmao holy gently caress you're stupid

:2bong: nooooo like bro, did u kno weed smoke isn't, like, really smoke maaaan and like it really makes your lungs even strongerrrr mannn? :2bong:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Sorry guys, if you even been near a fire and inhaled the smoke involuntarily you are off the transplant list

Smoke is smoke

Hahahahahahahaha hahaha I love it when someone outs themselves as being this goddamn dumb

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dick Valentine posted:

I don't see a problem condemning a 19 year old kid to die because he has smoked some marijuana. Only bad, immoral people use weed.

The grown rear end man (kid? lol) got the lung transplant and is fine.

Bholder posted:

Smoke is smoke

Hyperbole is hyperbole.........hyperBOWL amirite? :smuggo:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

:2bong: nooooo like bro, did u kno weed smoke isn't, like, really smoke maaaan and like it really makes your lungs even strongerrrr mannn? :2bong:

If everyone would just smoke dope there'd be no need for lung transplants. :colbert:

Those doctors are just hiding the fact that weed would have cured him. Big pharma. :tinfoil:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

spacetoaster posted:

We should totally feel bad for this rich Park City kid.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
If you have a single drink, you're off the liver transplant list too, despite the fact that one drink is tiny and harmless

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

If you have a single drink, you're off the liver transplant list too, despite the fact that one drink is tiny and harmless

If you've got alcohol in your blood as you show up for the transplant yes. You should be denied.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I guess you missed the part of the story where the dad said he had been drug free for like a year, implying this was not just a one off?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If the situation is that there's only so many sets of lungs to go around and some torched theirs with dabs, it wouldn't be fair to bestow them upon him, but that doesn't seem like the case here

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Fog Tripper posted:

We should totally feel bad for this rich Park City kid.

I was kind of surprised that nobody thought about how this story only got traction due to this likely factor.

And some of you act as if you're class conscious... yeesh.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 15, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

here have some medicinal marijuana to help with your chemo. syke!! now you can't have a new lung. enjoy death, junkie

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Maya Fey posted:

here have some medicinal marijuana to help with your chemo. syke!! now you can't have a new lung. enjoy death, junkie

lol, this is TRUMP'S America!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

You must not be a latino/asian woman.

Ouch, black women.

What the hell? Where's all my asian puss? Closest I got was half korean/white and I never even got to second base.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

lol, this is TRUMP'S America!

this is literally how this dumb non-story came up in the first place. some doofus acted like it was the attorney general's fault that the hospital was holding itself to an international standard of screening organ recipients

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fog Tripper posted:

I guess you missed the part of the story where the dad said he had been drug free for like a year, implying this was not just a one off?

Even if it was a one off, he should still have been denied

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

this is literally how this dumb non-story came up in the first place. some doofus acted like it was the attorney general's fault that the hospital was holding itself to an international standard of screening organ recipients

Seriously how do people fail so hard at finding actual things to be mad about

It should not be this hard

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeVLxcekEsw

This video is BS because they don't show any of those organs going to drugged up stoners. :colbert:

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 15, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Transplanting organs interferes with God's plan, and God's plan was to kill this person

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Seriously how do people fail so hard at finding actual things to be mad about

It should not be this hard

is this a realtime example of fake news being spread??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hear the kid got the lungs anyways because hes rich as gently caress and thats how it works

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yup

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

bring back old gbs posted:

i hear the kid got the lungs anyways because hes rich as gently caress and thats how it works

And of course Majorian decided to post "that" of all possible things as an example of Trump/Conservatives Being Bad.

Democrats will lose again in 2020, because with friends like him, who needs enemies?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 15, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tallgeese posted:

And of course Majorian decided to post "that" of all possible things as an example of Trump/Conservatives Being Bad.

Democrats will lose again in 2020, because with friends like him, who needs enemies?
theyre going to run chelsea and shes going to choose hilary for VP/shadow president

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

No, they're going to run Cory Booker.

While he was in Newark he was basically revered as a walking saint.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Toadvine posted:

that was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
President Donald Trump's administration is drafting an executive order to investigate the extent to which the unfair dumping and subsidization of certain imports adds to the US trade deficit. 

If the results of the investigation show an impact, it could lead to more tariffs on imported goods, an administration official told CNN. 

• Locked thread