Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Frogfoots rule Phantom cowards drool, as expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Phantoms got the first bombs off though. They're showing already that they're worthwhile additions to the fleet.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Quinntan posted:

Phantoms got the first bombs off though. They're showing already that they're worthwhile additions to the fleet.

And if there'd been even one Chinese CAP bandit, the Frogfoots would have been screaming for help from us an our AMRAAMs.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

JcDent posted:

The Phoenix Commander stated that running 12 dudes and a secrert number of PLA is already melting his brain, so "hundreds of troops" can only mean support staff/uncountable redshirts that want to replace losses in a merc outfit with a high mortality rate.

Phoenix Command does have rules for squad-level control in the Mechanized supplement, and I've been working on some tools for easily handling squad-level combat myself. :3:

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Davin Valkri posted:

Yooper, can you post the Losses and Expenditures sheet if you still have the end of scenario save? It won't tell us who did the killing, but it will tell us who got killed.

I am really, really hoping at least one J-20 got nailed by the SK60 rocket strikes because that might be the most embarassing way to lose a high end fighter of all time.

I am all in for Mirages. I'm less sold on the Flankers, so far our problems haven't included much of "not enough missiles for CAP" and those things are expensive to operate. I'd rather buy enough bomb trucks that the Gripens can all switch to CAP loadouts. With that much money though another tanker wouldn't be the worst idea.

I also still want that SAM battery!!!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I think we have something like 580 million to spend next procurement session, before considering aircraft withdrawals (cut the Sk60s and perhaps the Hawks?). I'd suggest we add at least one additional KC-135 and an MPA (Perhaps a P-3?) as well as replacing the lost Gripen and filling out the Phantom and perhaps the Frogfoot (if there is no better ground attack/interdiction platform) ranks before we consider the rest of our fleet.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 15, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Quinntan posted:

I think we have something like 580 million to spend next procurement session, before considering aircraft withdrawals (cut the Sk60s and perhaps the Hawks?). I'd suggest we add at least one additional KC-135 and an MPA (Perhaps a P-3?) as well as replacing the lost Gripen and filling out the Phantom and perhaps the Frogfoot (if there is no better ground attack/interdiction platform) ranks before we consider the rest of our fleet.

I second this. As much as I've been hyping other planes and ships, I do support the original stances of making sure we round out what we have before looking for new toys if at all possible.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I'm going to dispense with spoiler tags for Operation Strict Parenting. It's been like 1.5 pages.

First, the losses and expenditures.

Note this includes what the Indians killed too.

I've ran this scenario countless times to get the timing right. So I've watched every permutation of our poo poo dying horribly. This went really, really, well. But it could have went really, really, bad. We had a narrow window where the Chinese aircraft were activated, to where the runway sustained enough damage. If the SAM's would have killed both the F4's before bomb launch then the runway probably wouldn't have sustained enough damage and those birds would have launched, albeit slowly. I found runway damage to be pretty odd script wise. In one test strike it'd be 40% damaged and nothing could launch then in another it'd be 80% damage and everything is launching like there's no issue.

Yes, it's a big payout, but in the future we'll probably be operating where a Radar or SAM sites will be imperative. Nay, essential.

This was a big opener for the Hired Goons. The Investors are pleased. On the downside tensions are high in this neck of the woods. Even worse for us, Jack has gone quiet. No clue what's happening with our lobbyist.

For now I'm going to finish up the scenarios for release to you guys. On top of that I need to get a procured item list and let you guys make proposals.

I found a list with some prices on a Nation States website, I thought it was pretty good. I'll share it with you guys.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nWTIb6s6VcV0z0Xtn3L6KVAI2PfTXvzfTNZNJ2fJvKo/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, it has boats.

Critique Time : Did everything look good? Is this process working? What can make it better?

Pacing is change a bit for the next deployment. I like one mission a week, but I want more missions in a theater instead of just 3. So expect less huge sweeping events and something more like what a real air force would deal with.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Congrats, good job all around! :)

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I second this. As much as I've been hyping other planes and ships, I do support the original stances of making sure we round out what we have before looking for new toys if at all possible.

A second KC-135 is $39m, another Gripen is $37m, six Phantoms are (presuming the price stays the same) $51m and, we'll need our own air defence... I like the NASAMS for that. After all, if it's good enough to defend Washington DC, it's good enough for our needs. A battery of those costs $30m according to the spreadsheet Yooper linked. We earned $580,400,300 from this sojourn, so, with those purchases, we would have $423,400,300 to spend. That can buy us a lot of aircraft.

I forgot to consider sales too. The Sk60s would have to go, that'd raise an additional $1,800,000. I'd advocate for selling the Hawk 209s too, they'd be worth $14,000,000 should we sell them and they pale in comparison to the Frogfoot in terms of firepower, though the 209s are capable of IFR. Beyond that, it's hard to say what we should try to keep a hold of until we see what's available.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 15, 2017

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I for one think we should buy at least one B1-B Lancer for a bomb truck and 1 or 2 Rafale M's

Edit

Any SAM's we purchase should be Russian an S-300P will cost $25 mil

Double Edit VVV thanks for the info

Tythas fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 15, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Just because it's on the spreadsheet doesn't mean it's for sale.

When applicable we'll either get last years model, an export model, or a thematically accurate option.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also I guess investors will demand their share of the payout. And if you think chinese advanced stealth fighters are a scary opponent, wait until you run into Goldman-Sachs legal team.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Isn't it an end-of-year thing? It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep $58m aside to keep them happy either way.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I say keep the Hawks

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
I would strongly suggest to buy some proper recon planes like the RF-4E, an ISTAR aircraft and some EW/ELINT aircraft.

BTW again Yooper, great LP!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
The Gripen can perform reconnaissance duties with those reconnaissance pods better than the RF-4E ever could, they're still dependent on film cameras iirc.

I'd also be reluctant to buy an ISTAR platform at the moment either. There could be a space for an EW platform, depending on what it is.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Yooper posted:

Just because it's on the spreadsheet doesn't mean it's for sale.

When applicable we'll either get last years model, an export model, or a thematically accurate option.

Good to know, thanks Yooper! Also this turn was well run, I have no real major complaints!

Quinntan posted:

A second KC-135 is $39m, another Gripen is $37m, six Phantoms are (presuming the price stays the same) $51m and, we'll need our own air defence... I like the NASAMS for that. After all, if it's good enough to defend Washington DC, it's good enough for our needs. A battery of those costs $30m according to the spreadsheet Yooper linked. We earned $580,400,300 from this sojourn, so, with those purchases, we would have $423,400,300 to spend. That can buy us a lot of aircraft.

I forgot to consider sales too. The Sk60s would have to go, that'd raise an additional $1,800,000. I'd advocate for selling the Hawk 209s too, they'd be worth $14,000,000 should we sell them and they pale in comparison to the Frogfoot in terms of firepower, though the 209s are capable of IFR. Beyond that, it's hard to say what we should try to keep a hold of until we see what's available.

Depending on what Yooper makes available, getting that second tanker will be crucial. Getting some kind of MPA too would be nice as it can pull double duty as a secondary AEW for seaborne conflicts.

Speaking of AEW, should we get a second one if one is available. We rely a lot on I-SPY, but if that plane ever goes down or we have a larger AO, we might want another one in the air thoughts?

Getting a NASAMS would be nice since they're pretty modern, but what are the odds we'll get a top end NATO piece of equipment like that?

Also for fun, our CN-235 transport does have a Gunship variant developed by Jordan... :getin:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm astonished they paid us that much, given they now need to rebuild the Indian Air Force.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Quinntan posted:

The Gripen can perform reconnaissance duties with those reconnaissance pods better than the RF-4E ever could, they're still dependent on film cameras iirc.

I'd also be reluctant to buy an ISTAR platform at the moment either. There could be a space for an EW platform, depending on what it is.

There's no reason I can think of that the F-4s wouldn't be able to use the Gripen recce pods, assuming they can mate properly and be operated by the F-4. If the recce equipment were internal on the Gripens, it would be a different story of course, but because they're external stores it should work. Whether or not CMANO allows it, on the other hand, that's a different story.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Man, I imagine those J-20 pilots coming back from a hard-fought victory against the Indians (by my count they lost 4 of their own and downed all but one of the Indians), only to get clowned by a goddamn circus of flying miscellany. They really screwed up in not having a CAP up at all times.

The SK60s coming in at the end to rocket the J-20s is just perfect. I love the little things, useless as they are.

e: Unless they're actively hindering us I say keep the SK60s, they're fantastically terrible, but have been doing fine when we use them right (not trying to kill MBTs).

Anta fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 15, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Also if we're looking at older aircraft that might pack a punch, may I humbly suggest that since we are considering the Prowler for EWAR, we look at its brother, the A-6 Intruder for ground attack to help our Frogfeet and Phantoms out.

Here is a brochure

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Depending on what Yooper makes available, getting that second tanker will be crucial. Getting some kind of MPA too would be nice as it can pull double duty as a secondary AEW for seaborne conflicts.

Speaking of AEW, should we get a second one if one is available. We rely a lot on I-SPY, but if that plane ever goes down or we have a larger AO, we might want another one in the air thoughts?

Getting a NASAMS would be nice since they're pretty modern, but what are the odds we'll get a top end NATO piece of equipment like that?

Also for fun, our CN-235 transport does have a Gunship variant developed by Jordan... :getin:

I would disagree with getting another AEW&C aircraft at the moment. Our Erieye's more than coped with what we've had to manage with so far.

The NASAMS isn't the most top end piece of equipment, it's basically a bunch of ground-launched AMRAAM with an American radar for fire control. It's still pretty good though, and the NASAMS 2 adds Link 16 compatibility.

Coffeehitler posted:

There's no reason I can think of that the F-4s wouldn't be able to use the Gripen recce pods, assuming they can mate properly and be operated by the F-4. If the recce equipment were internal on the Gripens, it would be a different story of course, but because they're external stores it should work. Whether or not CMANO allows it, on the other hand, that's a different story.

The big question is internal architechture. I doubt it would have a lot in common with our Gripens.

EDIT: http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/1518/

Yeah, I'm down with trying to buy A-6s from the boneyard.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 15, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Anta posted:

Man, I imagine those J-20 pilots coming back from a hard-fought victory against the Indians (by my count they lost 4 of their own and downed all but one of the Indians), only to get clowned by a goddamn circus of flying miscellany. They really screwed up in not having a CAP up at all times.

If a commando team takes our your main radar arrray you think the first thing you'd do would be get some continuous CAP flying.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Prowlers are a great choice. The ELINT, ECM, and ECCM dynamic is loads of fun.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Saros posted:

If a commando team takes our your main radar arrray you think the first thing you'd do would be get some continuous CAP flying.

For RP purposes the Merc Radar Strike took place just as our planes left the ground.

There were "bad" things that could have happened when I hit that special events button. Things like more AAA and such.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The first scenario is up on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905945807

That took significantly longer than I had expected. So the others will take a bit more time. Please note the SPECIAL ACTIONS button. You need to pick loadouts then click that. It'll set all the ready times to zero. Also, don't change your plane names until after that's done.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
All you frogfoot haters can :frogout:

That went about as perfectly as you could expect!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Important moving forward is going to make sure we have at least some strike aircraft with some DECM ability given that we can count on stiffer air defense environments. Dedicated SEAD/DEAD stuff too.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Saros posted:

They may have thought it was part of the Indian op, rather than our thing.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The Investor's attorneys have advised us to no long have contact with Jack. It seems they found a metric shitload of incriminating tax evidence in Zurich. They've got him up on weapons charges and a whole slew of narcotics offences as well. He had a good run, but I think we're going to need a new operative in our next theater.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Shine on Jack you crazy diamond

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Still-Reserve Pilot Thunderlips says: Rip in peace, my brother.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Quinntan posted:

Allright, I was just looking at the SLAR and hoped it gave a bigger search area.
But a dedicated EW is going to be paramount for further succesfull missions, especially if we go up against modern amries like the Chinese.

Guess it's "Hit the road Jack"

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Bye Jack. Time for Strike Commander: Juggalo Air Force, please.

Procurement priorities imo:
- Tanker
- Choppers (Maybe some Hips and Hinds?)
- SAM battery

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Aw, Jack, you crazy fucker :allears:

Can we use some of those millions we earned to spring him from prison? Pay bail, grease some palms, anything?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Mikl posted:

Aw, Jack, you crazy fucker :allears:

Can we use some of those millions we earned to spring him from prison? Pay bail, grease some palms, anything?

Not until the Federal Indictment has gone through... So at least a few months. Prisons these days are all profit based, so who knows, Jack could make a come back.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

We can hire him a good lawyer at least.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Popete posted:

All you frogfoot haters can :frogout:

That went about as perfectly as you could expect!

It's the short range and lack of IFR I don't like about them, as it limits their utility, especially in areas of the world where there's not many airports. Something like a Tornado, or even the AMX would be quite an upgrade, just because we can schlepp them wherever we need them to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

We'll use our new helicopters to stage a daring rescue of Jack and his rag-tag band of friends