Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Best team ever and favourtie team of all time:
Williams

Active drivers I rate:
Alonso (Best)
Bottas
Vettel
Perez
Grosjean
Button (Monaco)
Hamilton
Ricciardo
Verstappen
Hulkenberg
Sainz

Drivers past their prime:
Raikkonen
Massa (but I love him)

Drivers too early to rate:
Ocon
Vandoorne
Wehrlein
Giovinazzi

Drivers that are too inconsistent:
Magnussen
Kvyat

Drivers that are simply poo poo:
Palmer
Ericcsson
Stroll (Worst)

Please embed this into the thread canon, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Bottas pole all down to reading the Worst Thread and receiving a wakeup call

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Magnussen needs to be in the poo poo column.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Big John, Fernando, and Our Jense are in the correct categories, therefore the rest of that list must also be 100% right.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 15, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Human Grand Prix posted:

Magnussen needs to be in the poo poo column.

Having seen Gutierrez drive the same car as Grosjean, I can confirm that K-Mags is not, in fact, poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I would move Hulkenberg and Magnussen into a new "they could die in a fiery accident and no one would notice" category, but otherwise you nailed it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The F2 race was awesome. Fire Kimi and put Markelov on the second Ferrari

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm betting Lewis pulls that "either I get through or we both crash" Senna poo poo in the first corner to get past Bottas.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lewis "Hamilton" Senna

Of course he would stoop to such fraudulence.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Funzo posted:

I'm betting Lewis pulls that "either I get through or we both crash" Senna poo poo in the first corner to get past Bottas.

Oh I hope so

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The last time both Mercs nuked each other, it gave Are Max his first win :allears:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Funzo posted:

Good.

I guess we've all been owned and Bottas is good? We'll see.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Best team ever and favourtie team of all time:
Williams

Active drivers I rate:
Alonso (Best)
Bottas

How dare you write those two names together.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wonder how long till Bottas emotion chip is enabled? He pulled a Kimi on team radio. "Eh that's my first pole guys" *dead eyes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Funzo posted:

This but hoping they both crash and Big John gets a surprise podium finish.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I urge you all to go and watch the on board of Lance Stroll. It is terrifying to watch him saw-ing the wheel back and forth. I honestly don't think he should be driving an f1 car. People will die.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Imagine if Bottas manages to Rosberg his way to a championship, the Hamilton meltdowns would be off the charts

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Vando posted:

Imagine if Bottas manages to Rosberg his way to a championship, the Hamilton meltdowns would be off the charts

:gizz:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's just taken this long for the B0tt-AS AI's learning algorithm to fully update and analyse all of Rosberg and Lewis' data as it had a late start.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bottas is a butt and rear end filled with poo poo and poop.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

I wonder how long till Bottas emotion chip is enabled? He pulled a Kimi on team radio. "Eh that's my first pole guys" *dead eyes

He did a little fist pump when he got out of the car, which is pretty extreme behaviour for a Finn

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

By the way was I hearing things or did Bottas' race engineer say "gently caress nico"?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

You have to go back to 2008 for the last Finnish pole position - Fast Heikki(!) at the British GP.

This fun fact came from my brain and it's only a coincidence that it says the exact same thing on the BBC website.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kilmers Elbow posted:

You have to go back to 2008 for the last Finnish pole position - Fast Heikki(!) at the British GP.

This fun fact came from my brain and it's only a coincidence that it says the exact same thing on the BBC website.

:lol: Kimi is such poo poo

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

NtotheTC posted:

By the way was I hearing things or did Bottas' race engineer say "gently caress nico"?

https://twitter.com/spardaxyz/status/853283770362810368 (1:56)

I thought he said something like that too but listening back I think they bleep Bottas swearing over his engineer saying "really good" or whatever.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Congratulations to Low-Energy Valteri on what he will soon realize was the high point of his career. I'm a bit puzzled about how he did it, my best guess is that he put half of Lewis' mechanics to sleep by talking to them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Big Lewis fan here.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Norns posted:

He sounded plenty excited to me! I'm also a Finn

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Big Lewis fan here.

This is incredibly uncalled for.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Wirth1000 posted:

Drivers that are too inconsistent:
Magnussen
Kvyat

You forgot Lewis

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

Big Lewis fan here.

You only started supporting him after he got good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Honda has identified a recurring MGU-H problem as the reason Fernando Alonso's engine failed in qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Alonso escaped Q1 and felt 13th or 14th on the grid was possible, but he ended up 15th after failing to complete a lap in Q2 because of the engine problem.

He will require a new unit for the race.

Motorsport.com understands the MGU-H failure sent debris into the internal combustion engine and also damaged that beyond repair.

Alonso's failure follows two terminal MGU-H problems for teammate Stoffel Vandoorne that occurred in Friday practice.

A new unit failed in the first session, and a replacement unit that was run in March's Australian Grand Prix broke in FP2.

Honda motorsport chief Yusuke Hasegawa said the Japanese manufacturer has yet to fully understand the cause, or why these failures have occurred suddenly in Bahrain.

"We are not sure the exact cause, but definitely a mechanical failure of the MGU-H," said Hasegawa. "It is something around the bearings, it was sticking. It happened (three) times here, which is very unfortunate.

"They are all dead so we have to replace. We're not sure why it happened just here three times, but we are suspecting something happened in this environment. Possibly because the temperatures are very high."

Hasegawa expressed confidence the McLaren-Honda cars will finish Sunday's race, given Alonso will start with a new MGU-H and Vandoorne's unit is still at low mileage.

However, there are concerns within McLaren that the MGU-H problem will recur in the race.

When asked to comment on the performance of the Honda engine, Alonso said the lack of reliability made this a pointless exercise.

"There is no point for us talking driveability," said Alonso, who later engaged in a serious private discussion with Hasegawa in the McLaren team offices.

"We cannot complete a lap or doing qualifying. I don't care too much about the driveability if I cannot finish a race so far this year, or if I cannot finish qualifying now."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-puzzled-by-recurring-mgu-h-problems-in-bahrain-894427/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get him on suicide watch

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I suspect if it fails this race then he will go off to America and do some practice races for the 500 until the redesigned unit shows up in Spain.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not going to link or directly quote the article, and I'm only mentioning it because I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for positive McLaren news, but.........Joe Saward claims Honda has been convinced to seek outside help with their engine, and thinks they will make a big step forward in the summer. He also noted that Mario Illien was at the recent meetings to discuss the 2020 engine formula, which may or may not be related.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I suspect if it fails this race then he will go off to America and do some practice races for the 500 until the redesigned Mercedes unit shows up in Spain
Canada.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Get him on suicide watch

He's made his plan and he's gonna follow through with it at the 500

Motorsport seppuku, rip Alonso again

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Big Lewis fan here.