Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

:In Hank Hill voice: the 6-4 is a family, I tell you hwat

Scorch: "taste the heat not the meat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Powered by propane and propane accessories

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a mysterious cloak posted:

Powered by propane and propane accessories

this should really be the text scroll thing when you eject out of a Scorch

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://giant.gfycat.com/MenacingSleepyDouglasfirbarkbeetle.mp4

Even though Northstar is just a weaker Ion, it's still fun to play Northstar because of how satisfying it is to get kills with the railgun. But it's even harder to play Northstar now since Northstar is the one titan without a defensive ability against Archers.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Godzilla07 posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/MenacingSleepyDouglasfirbarkbeetle.mp4

Even though Northstar is just a weaker Ion, it's still fun to play Northstar because of how satisfying it is to get kills with the railgun. But it's even harder to play Northstar now since Northstar is the one titan without a defensive ability against Archers.

Awesome shot.

Not sure I agree about weakness though. Just hover above the rooftop and fist the pilot in the face, or triple dash away. Scorch has a much harder time with Archer defense, I think.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The Northstar defense against Archers is either triple dashing behind a building, or matadoring the rocket with dashes

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Scorch has a hard time killing the pilot using an Archer against him, but he can throw up his flame shield to nullify the damage. Northstar has no shield, and has to rely on finding cover or juking the shot. With the recent buff to Archer lock-on speed and target tracking, that's even harder than it used to be. And since she's got so much less health, ranking a shot is a much higher percentage of her health bar than it is for Scorch.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gonna stay a few hours online playing this on PS4 if anyone feels like joining. I want to level up more and unlock more cool stuff! PSN: Guillermus_

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I found my new favorite weapon
http://i.imgur.com/QGp7lvF.gifv

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

There've been matches where I would cloak in a room and punch 6 people to death before the cloak ends. That's gotta be pretty much the whole team.

God drat I love melee in this game.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I have a love/hate relationship with melee in this game. It's satisfying as hell minus the times I feel like melee should have kicked off and didn't.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kithyen posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with melee in this game. It's satisfying as hell minus the times I feel like melee should have kicked off and didn't.

I always read your Username in Mike Tysons Voice

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kithyen posted:

The definitely narrowed the approach angle since launch by like 15º

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do factions matter in any way other than the NPC that talks to you on MP? I see I'm level 4 with marauders but I don't see getting a thing from factions.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guillermus posted:

Do factions matter in any way other than the NPC that talks to you on MP? I see I'm level 4 with marauders but I don't see getting a thing from factions.

They determine what banners and stuff you get from advocate gifts I think. But yeah they don't do anything really.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I always read your Username in Mike Tysons Voice

:cawg:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

They determine what banners and stuff you get from advocate gifts I think. But yeah they don't do anything really.

Thanks! So is just a personal preference as I don't really care about banners and that shizzle.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Factions are for lore and immersion, the most important part of your load out.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Factions are for lore and immersion, the most important part of your load out.

It won't matter until I can sign on with General Spyglass's Special Lil'Guys. :colbert:

Until then, I stick with Blisk cause he's bettah.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Played a private attrition match with my son.

He executed me.

I told him he's grounded.

He and Mom laughed.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 15, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kithyen posted:

That pretty much sums it up.

I also loving despise melee being mapped to R3.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hyped for the horde mode

Stan Taylor posted:

You should be playing with Blisks Boys or the old guy imo

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 15, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Hyped for the horde mode

What?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There's a defence mode or something coming my buddy is telling me about, apparently Its a horde mode?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

It's all but assumed but hasn't been announced yet. People have scrubbed through the game updates and found evidence of Frontier Defense making a return and also the coming soon banner had a Harvester from the mode in TF1, but no official word from Respawn about it. Probably wouldn't bank on it being added in until after June.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty sure you can custom map the controls.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

veni veni veni posted:

Remap it. Seriously, the controller config is dogshit for actually being mobile. My setup:

R1: Grenade
R2: Fire
R3: Sprint
L1: Jump
L2: Crouch
L3: ADS
X: Special
Square: Reload
Triangle: Swap Weapons
Circle: Melee

You can actually bunny hop and wallrun while looking around with this setup, and most guns you don't even ADS with anyway. The only limitation is that it's slightly tougher to grapple as well, but you can jump and crouch easily while still moving and looking around, which are all more important for mobility.

Edit: Oh yeah, and use hold to crouch and toggle ADS. ADS is on the left so it doesn't gently caress up your aim when you click, and crouch is on L2 because it's easier to hold down.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 15, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Pretty sure you can custom map the controls.

Did they add in full custom?! or do you mean that you can swap R3 and O because that works out just as bad for me.

I don't like remapping controls on a system level because it's too much of a hassle.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
What's everyone's opinion of Flatline? It's the only gun I ever use any more.

Also, I basically only play Attrition. Is this a problem?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Did they add in full custom?! or do you mean that you can swap R3 and O because that works out just as bad for me.

I don't like remapping controls on a system level because it's too much of a hassle.

The just have cutom in there as far as I know.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Flatline owns. Especially since they buffed it and nerfed a few other guns.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/qHy4ct9.gifv

There are other game modes in this game other than Attrition?

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Yes, it sounds like you are the reason 7/10 games are attrition. Bounty Hunt is totally sweet.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I like FFA. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nichol posted:

Yes, it sounds like you are the reason 7/10 games are attrition. Bounty Hunt is totally sweet.

Bounty Hunt is hilarious because if you're aggressive about hacking Spectres, they will get kills that up your bounty AND when the enemy kills allied Spectres YOU actually get the money for the kill, not them. It's pretty great, although stupidly niche and not a primary form of trolling or making money.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The problem with Bounty Hunt is that not enough people bothered to figure out how to actually get good at scoring so if you have a competent crew you will absolutely shut down 95% of opposing teams to such a comical degree that it almost feels pointless. One of our groups played nothing but bounty hunt for the first three months and we had the whole group together again on Thursday night, and not a single opposing team was able to break $1000 and most matches ended with them depositing like 2-300 dollars. We were just on fire in general though. We played attrition for like 2 hours after Bounty Hunt and just dominated literally every match we played for the entire night. It's been while since I have played a whole night without losing.

I'll always maintain that if you have 2 good BH teams pitted against each other it's the best, most sweaty mode, but it has some glaring flaws and just flat out 95% of TF2 players are terrible at it. I'm surprised it's still as populated as it is because it's basically just full parties slaughtering pubs 24/7. If we get a group together to play BH, we will probably only run into one other sweaty team in an entire night though. Sometimes none. Everyone else just sits back and tries to get sniper kills while you deposit a million dollars.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 15, 2017

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Bounty Hunt is hilarious because if you're aggressive about hacking Spectres, they will get kills that up your bounty AND when the enemy kills allied Spectres YOU actually get the money for the kill, not them. It's pretty great, although stupidly niche and not a primary form of trolling or making money.

Did they change this recently? Last time I checked, you couldn't hack spectres in Bounty Hunt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The problem with Bounty Hunt is that not enough people bothered to figure out how to actually get good at scoring so if you have a competent crew you will absolutely shut down 95% of opposing teams to such a comical degree that it almost feels pointless. One of our groups played nothing but bounty hunt for the first three months and we had the whole group together again on Thursday night, and not a single opposing team was able to break $1000 and most matches ended with them depositing like 2-300 dollars. We were just on fire in general though. We played attrition for like 2 hours after Bounty Hunt and just dominated literally every match we played for the entire night. It's been while since I have played a whole night without losing.

I'll always maintain that if you have 2 good BH teams pitted against each other it's the best, most sweaty mode, but it has some glaring flaws and just flat out 95% of TF2 players are terrible at it. I'm surprised it's still as populated as it is because it's basically just full parties slaughtering pubs 24/7. If we get a group together to play BH, we will probably only run into one other sweaty team in an entire night though. Sometimes none. Everyone else just sits back and tries to get sniper kills while you deposit a million dollars.

Sweaty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thats the only way I could describe when you realize the other BH team isn't loving around. I know that term is dumb but I didn't make it up :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The few times I've played BH my team got stomped over and over. I guess that I faced a proper team because we bately hit 600-700$ and tgw other team was way over 1500. I don't know how to play BH so that helps too.