Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I thought you wanted white genocide

Oh, I do. How I long for it.:allears:

Watch it - if a white dude smoking weed triggers them so badly, imagine what a non-white person doing it will set off.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

God forbid that anyone object that the poor treatment of marijuana smokers only gets highlighted when some well-off white guy is affected, thereby leaving everyone not in that category more or less in the dust, I suppose.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If our nation's spare organs aren't being used to keep rich white drug addicts alive then when even the point of having them

I think you've got it backwards, friend. The rich white druggies should be harvested for their organs.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I think you've got it backwards, friend. The rich white druggies should be harvested for their organs.

Now THIS is an idea I can get behind

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

God forbid that anyone object that the poor treatment of marijuana smokers only gets highlighted when some well-off white guy is affected, thereby leaving everyone not in that category more or less in the dust, I suppose.

Majorian posted:

Watch it - if a white dude smoking weed triggers them so badly, imagine what a non-white person doing it will set off.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

no fatty livers thanks

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Especially after it's all legalized, Portugal-style.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

God forbid that anyone object that the poor treatment of marijuana smokers only gets highlighted when some well-off white guy is affected

That's not what you're doing and you know it.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Marijuana is just like any other drug, fine even therapeutic in small doses and bad for you if overused. To give some personal experience on the dangers of marijuana I smoked so much weed as a teenager I thought 311 was a good band. I listened to them sober and then I knew I had to change my ways. I had to get in in a 311 diss on page 311 :)

edit- Sonofabitch you guys ruined it. :(

Krustic fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 15, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Majorian posted:

Oh bullshit. A hospital in Pennsylvania managed to do it; the one in Utah were trying to be good little drug warriors, and you know it.

you're really sticking to your original point that this is a partisan issue? you're falling into that same abyss that claimed a misanthrope where you see a political binary in every conflict.

just because the boys rich family could afford to pull strings doesn't mean this was a political divide they had to overcome. if its anything at all its an example of the bureaucracy's failure to account for mitigating factors in the transplant review process.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 15, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Republicans are going to deregulate the organ industry and dude would never have had to go to Pennsylvania

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Krustic posted:

Marijuana is just like any other drug, fine even therapeutic in small doses and bad for you if overused. To give some personal experience on the dangers of marijuana I smoked so much weed as a teenager I thought 311 was a good band. I listened to them sober and then I knew I had to change my ways. I had to get in in a 311 diss on page 311 :)

edit- Sonofabitch you guys ruined it. :(

Marijuana is bad for developing brains and should probably not be used by teenagers or anyone under the age of 25

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

you're really sticking to your original point that this is a partisan issue?

Indeed, not a partisan issue at all:

quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions called for a return to the "Just say no" era of the war on drugs on Wednesday, calling for a crackdown on recreational marijuana use, and arguing that medicinal marijuana has been "hyped" too much.

"We have too much tolerance for drug use psychologically, politically, morally. We need to say, as Nancy Reagan said, 'Just say no.' Don't do it. There's no excuse for this. It's not recreational. It can be destructive and it consistently is destructive. Lives are at stake and we're not going to worry about being fashionable," Sessions said during a speech on violent crime in Richmond, repeatedly suggesting that marijuana is a gateway drug that is helping to fuel the opioid addiction crisis.

pisssssss

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

how dare you try to politicize health care and drug enforcement

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you can deny any medical efficacy or whatever, but "It's not recreational" is definitely a new tack

i'm not sure jefferson beauregard sessions III knows much about drugs

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Marijuana is bad for developing brains and should probably not be used by teenagers or anyone under the age of 25

Yes I am aware. The entire point of my post was just to say the band 311 sucks on page 311. I failed.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

alcohol is also bad for developing brains and shouldn't be used by anyone under 25 but that poo poo's legal and taxed

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sessions is trying a fancy way of saying everyone gets addicted.

That said, he's crazy if he thinks marijuana has anything to do with the opioid epidemic. The opioid epidemic arguably exists because of the anti-medical MJ view.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tallgeese posted:

The opioid epidemic arguably exists because of the anti-medical MJ view.

Uhh

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Krustic posted:

Yes I am aware. The entire point of my post was just to say the band 311 sucks on page 311. I failed.

Well, if nothing else you are certainly correct

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Allow me to clarify.

I'm arguing that people would most likely use different avenues for pain reduction if they are available, which they aren't. So they turn to opioids because they carry something less of a social stigma compared to medical marijuana use.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/13/jeff-sessions-surprised-americans-marijuana/

quote:

“When they nominated me for attorney general, you would have thought the biggest issue in America was when I said, ‘I don’t think America’s going to be a better place if they sell marijuana at every corner grocery store,’ ” Mr. Sessions told attendees.

“[People] didn’t like that; I’m surprised they didn’t like that,” he added.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Allow me to clarify.

I'm arguing that people would most likely use different avenues for pain reduction if they are available, which they aren't.

i'm sure major corporate interests wouldn't have anything to do with that. Corporate interests that benefit from drug enforcement policies like Trump's/Sessions'.

Oh good, I'm sure he'll change his stance right away.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
The opioid addiction crisis obviously exists because the pharmaceutical industry is lacking in any type of meaningful regulation, and the politicians love getting their greedy mitts on all that sweet pharma money.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

what in the world does our current AG have to do with an international standard for organ transplants being applied (albeit possibly applied clumsily) to a potential recipient?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

for a while here some D.A.R.E. revival group was hiring college kids to ask for donations outside of grocery stores. loving college kids asking for money to teach kids that pot is bad loving lmao.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

what in the world does our current AG have to do with an international standard for organ transplants being applied (albeit possibly applied clumsily) to a potential recipient?

The point I was making was, lovely, arbitrary drug enforcement is only going to get worse. Thanks to Trump.

Which, if it weren't so sad and disgusting, would be hilarious, since so many young online Trump voters genuinely thought he was going to legalize weed.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm literally smoking weed right now lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The doctors had the scalpel over the lacrosse player's chest and only 10 minutes before total lung collapse when the phone in the operating room rang "Hello? Yes, we have the patient here. Abort the process immediately? Yes sir, Mr. Sessions, and god bless a pot free America."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

I'm literally smoking weed right now lol

I'm here to repossess your lungs sir.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The doctors had the scalpel over the lacrosse player's chest and only 10 minutes before total lung collapse when the phone in the operating room rang "Hello? Yes, we have the patient here. Abort the process immediately? Yes sir, Mr. Sessions, and god bless a pot free America."

lelelel

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

World Health Assembly Resolution WHA63.22 on Human Organ and Tissue Transplantation endorsed the Guiding
Principles on Human Cell, Tissue and Organ Transplantation, a set of 11 principles to guide on ethical and legal
frameworks on the process of donation and transplantation

you know who else is a member of the world health organization? Russia

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Majorian posted:

The point I was making was, lovely, arbitrary drug enforcement is only going to get worse. Thanks to Trump.
prove it Chicken Little

quote:

Which, if it weren't so sad and disgusting, would be hilarious, since so many young online Trump voters genuinely thought he was going to legalize weed.

Many young online Obama supporters also thought Obama was gonna legalize weed. Canadians are still waiting for shirtless Justin Trudeau to legalize the weed, something he based his freaking platform on. So far no one has legalized the loving weed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

gently caress globalism maga

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

solar energy panel posted:

prove it Chicken Little

I already did, dumbass. I posted Sessions flat-out saying that's what he's going to do.

quote:

Many young online Obama supporters also thought Obama was gonna legalize weed.

Holding the line on a bad policy is still better than making it worse. Which is what Trump is doing.

quote:

So far no one has legalized the loving weed.

California has managed to do it. With its Democratic governor and statehouse.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

solar energy panel posted:

Canadians are still waiting for shirtless Justin Trudeau to legalize the weed, something he based his freaking platform on. So far no one has legalized the loving weed.

Trudeau introduced the bill to legalize it thursday

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Train posted:

gently caress globalism

yea buddy!

omg :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

And yet, that hospital in Pennsylvania somehow found a loophole. I'll bet they had to look really hard to find one, if that Utah hospital wasn't able to.

• Locked thread