Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

Best laugh in the whole season had to be the bit when he confesses to the crew that he's banging Naomi

But that was because of Alex and Amos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

MizPiz posted:

But that was because of Alex and Amos.

You always need a straight-man.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

etalian posted:

Best laugh in the whole season had to be the bit when he confesses to the crew that he's banging Naomi

"I'm glad we had this talk" for me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This show is like watching paint dry

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Professor Shark posted:

I am going to argue with you

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Professor Shark posted:

But consider this carefully crafted list of rebuttals:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Tree Dude posted:

Probably just suffered some damage piloting around the egg dome no big deal

Can't tell if joke, but if not, I believe it's "ag dome" (as in agricultural.)

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

crazypeltast52 posted:

Whiskey doesn't age in bottles though. The alcohol is too high for anything to change after it is sealed, so it isn't like wine where it ages post bottling. Unless a barrel was somehow travelling by sea and went down with the ship, but that would only happen if Scotland was sending a barrel overseas for blending.

Every rear end in a top hat who knows nothing about alcohol but wants to seem cultured thinks whisky ages like wine. While factually untrue, I felt the exchange was genuine to both characters and also emphasized things we strongly suspected.

Best moment in the episode was Martian marine fighting against leaving a brutal gravity well but laughing a Crisjen.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Shbobdb posted:

Every rear end in a top hat who knows nothing about alcohol but wants to seem cultured thinks whisky ages like wine. While factually untrue, I felt the exchange was genuine to both characters and also emphasized things we strongly suspected.

Even if it hasn't continued aging, drinking 170 year old liquor recovered from a shipwreck is a pretty rare experience, especially for a Martian.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

bitprophet posted:

Can't tell if joke, but if not, I believe it's "ag dome" (as in agricultural.)

Lol that part wasn't a joke. I straight up though they were saying egg dome. Sounded kinda dumb but shrug.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tree Dude posted:

Lol that part wasn't a joke. I straight up though they were saying egg dome. Sounded kinda dumb but shrug.

Beyond Eggdome

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I thought Chrisjen was former military.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Smiling Jack posted:

I thought Chrisjen was former military.

No, TV Chrisjen has a son who died in the military, that's her only direct connection. Book Chrisjen's son died in a skiing accident or something dumb like that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why was there a hole in the ship?

When they destroy the torpedo en route to the Somnambulist it turns into shrapnel which noticeably hits the Roci.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Roci had a lot of noticeable damage from scraping around inside the ag dome. Even if it did take more damage from missile, the hole the protocrap man was hiding in obviously would have had to have been made before that.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

General Battuta posted:

The very vaguest and least important book spoilers, in the name of making fun of Holden

When a major humanitarian and political crisis breaks out he decides the best way he can help is by starting a vlog

That sort of worked though. His profile was high enough at that point that people took notice.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The authors have mentioned Holden changes the slowest because he's the only character with an arc spanning the entire nine book series. He's a douche for the first two books.

Comparing to Amos is bad though because Amos is the best, and even more so in the show because the actor is so good at Amosing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

The Roci had a lot of noticeable damage from scraping around inside the ag dome. Even if it did take more damage from missile, the hole the protocrap man was hiding in obviously would have had to have been made before that.

It's pretty cool how similar to BSG the ship shows the battle damage history especially after getting patched up after the station assault episode

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So they are really going ham on this Naomi sucks thing except magically she is right.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Grand Fromage posted:

the actor is so good at Amosing.

It is ABSURD how good he is. ABSURD! Where the gently caress did this guy come from?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Longbaugh01 posted:

You always need a straight-man.

That's homophobic

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How are Wes Chatham and Aaron Douglas not the same person? I was thinking he was the guy from Battlestar but that was Aaron Douglas.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Cojawfee posted:

How are Wes Chatham and Aaron Douglas not the same person? I was thinking he was the guy from Battlestar but that was Aaron Douglas.

Yeah I thought they were the same person at first glance. They're both perfect for the role, too - I wouldn't be surprised if Amos was partially inspired by the reboot's Chief Tyrol. Appearance-wise they're incredibly similar, at least.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
That was the first thing I thought when I saw amos too.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It is ABSURD how good he is. ABSURD! Where the gently caress did this guy come from?

He's selling the poo poo out of, "functional but zonked out from childhood trauma."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Amos is big and strong and my friend

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Amos is big and strong and my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rM5VyxVHk

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Y'all are bad at faces. Wes Chatham and Aaron Douglas look pretty different.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I think it was mostly the multiple years it's been since I've watched BSG combined with the fact that they're both no-nonsense beefy white engineers around the same height with buzzcuts and beards

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Combat Pretzel posted:

Y'all are bad at faces. Wes Chatham and Aaron Douglas look pretty different.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

I think it was mostly the multiple years it's been since I've watched BSG combined with the fact that they're both no-nonsense beefy white engineers around the same height with buzzcuts and beards

Yeah this. I had never seen Wes Chatham before and Aaron Douglas was just a memory from the last time I watched BSG so they blended together.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I got an Aaron Douglas vibe from Wes Chatham when I first started watching The Expanse to be honest. Not like the "wait, hold on, Alexander Siddig is in this?" that I first had when seeing James Callis in Galactica, but still. Kinda similar looking.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Face Blindness is a long-held tradition on Something Awful and continues to wreak havoc across its community.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kazinsal posted:

I got an Aaron Douglas vibe from Wes Chatham when I first started watching The Expanse to be honest. Not like the "wait, hold on, Alexander Siddig is in this?" that I first had when seeing James Callis in Galactica, but still. Kinda similar looking.

I miss Baltar. :(

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

Face Blindness is a long-held tradition on Something Awful and continues to wreak havoc across its community.

If that were true than people would be saying that everybody looks like everybody else. Instead, multiple people are saying specifically that Amos and Tyrol look alike.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Subyng posted:

If that were true than people would be saying that everybody looks like everybody else. Instead, multiple people are saying specifically that Amos and Tyrol look alike.

Similar, sure, but Amos carries himself and *sounds* way the hell different than Tyrol.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

They look similar you troglodyte.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

KakerMix posted:

Similar, sure, but Amos carries himself and *sounds* way the hell different than Tyrol.

Also, he's gotta be like a decade younger than Tyrol.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hewlett posted:

Also, he's gotta be like a decade younger than Tyrol.

Real-world: Aaron Douglas is 45, Wes Chatham is 38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Found this rad photo earlier today.

• Locked thread