Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is that loving Data from star trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Well I wouldn't data

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

there wolf posted:

If it's most churches then you're probably contradicting yourself since Southern Baptist is the biggest protestant denomination in the US. Still, it'd be nice if everyone would just say Evangelical or conservative christian when they want to talk about the science/women/gay -hating Christians in the US. Protestantism is very broad, and lovely Christians aren't just confined to the Baptists.

By 'churches' I was referring to the organizations as a whole, like the Presbyterian church, or the Lutheran church, not individual churches, just to clarify.

And yes, there are lovely people in all faiths, as well as lovely regressive atheists. Some churches(imo the majority of protestant, but not all by any stretch of the word) try to curb the abuses commonly seen, but the abuses tend to be so high profile it taints everything.

But then, I'm the type who tries to see the best in all things, even if what we see on the surface is pretty loving damning.

Just to be clear, I still believe in P.E.N.I.S.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

there wolf posted:

If it's most churches then you're probably contradicting yourself since Southern Baptist is the biggest protestant denomination in the US. Still, it'd be nice if everyone would just say Evangelical or conservative christian when they want to talk about the science/women/gay -hating Christians in the US. Protestantism is very broad, and lovely Christians aren't just confined to the Baptists.

But that doesn't mean it's most of the churches, numbers don't work that way. It just means it's the biggest denomination. Taken together, all of the others are bigger.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Hihohe posted:

Is that loving Data from star trek

It's the owner of that DanHensley twitter account. I still can't tell if even the look is an elaborate troll.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

goose willis posted:

I didn't even know creationism was still a thing that was being discussed because the last peak of that seems to be the Bush years

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've always reconciled evolution and religion with the sound logic that evolution exists but it was created and allowed by God.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How hard is it for religious people to conclude 'God did it'?

Evolution? God did it.
Quantum mechanics? God did it.
Heat Death of the Universe? God gettin stingy with the thermostat.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

quote:

It is always amusing watching the reactions of people who have heard of MGTOW for the first time. Bill clearly has no exposure to MGTOW beyond the article he read. His dismissive attitude is fairly mild.

MGTOW is a product of women. There is a mistaken assumption that MGTOW is some organized core of vocal men evangelizing other men to abandon marriage and relationships. This is not true. MGTOW is little but a rally flag; it is a group in the same way that those who hold a drivers license are a group.

Men who come to call themselves MGTOW have fundamentally come to the same conclusions about women, relationships, the legal system and so on. What they learned is that marriage is a scam; a legal mechanism of wealth transfer from the man to the woman. They see this scam rip apart men's lives all around them. They do not learn this FROM the MGTOW community. They bring these observations INTO the community. They see women, who, of their own free will, with glee and a sense of justified righteousness choose to exploit anti-male laws in family courts to gently caress men out of money and their children.

Furthermore, relationships with women are no better. As the phases of a relationship move from dating, to co-habitation, engagement, and marriage, a steady stream of ever growing expectations and demands is placed upon the man. His time becomes monopolized by a slow creep of "responsibilities" hoisted upon him by threat of arguments, pouting, and withholding of sex. This is done gradually but inevitably. It may take a woman a decade to completely break a man's spirit and replace it with the banal mediocrity of her image of what he ought to be and what he ought be doing as a "real man." Once he is completely crushed by this long siege, nothing is left of him but a beast of burden who is meant to bring home an ever larger paycheck so they can go on "vacation" or get that new living room set.

When you look into the eyes of a man in a "successful" marriage/relationship that has lasted a decade or more, all you see is sorrow and regret for a wasted life. This man would all but have killed himself by then had he not, for all those years, kept the single belief in mind that this life, the life he led, is what a happy life is suppose to look like. Knowing no better, as he has long ago dismissed his youthful joys and adventures as "childish", he sits in his mental prison in anticipation of death.

What MGTOW does is rally men to a single flag where they can all share these most obvious observations that have been all around them Each man in the MGTOW community shares their observations, which, when pointed out, are immediately accessible to other MGTOW through a reflection on their own autobiographies.

Why MGTOW is global and why is it unstoppable is not because MGTOW men are converting other men. It is because women are the same the world around, and THEY convert men into MGTOW by virtue of their nature. MGTOW are of all races, all cultures, and all ages. It is composed of millionaires alphas who have had hundreds of women and also neckbeards who may still be virgins living in their parents basement.

The thing that terrifies women the most is not that MGTOW is composed of loser virgins but that in fact it is not composed of loser virgins. MGTOW have taken their lives back. Shaming will not work on us. Neither will some herd morality appeal to being a "real man", or an "adult", or this or that .. blah blah blah. It just does not work anymore.

Everyone will need to get used to the idea that MGTOW is here to stay and that it is growing immensely every single year.

quote:

Even if marriage is the best way to raise a child and grow a civilization, participation in marriage and breeding will not only put you through the torture of divorce rape and being used and exploited as a human ATM, but it will only grow humanity and the growth of humanity will only lead to even more torture, suffering, and destruction.

MGTOW is not only selfish in that you save up a lot of money for yourself. It is also selfless. You are making the world a better place.

quote:

MGTOW is a great choice. shame bill is too far in the system to see it without prejudice. look up Barbarossa MGTOW he is quite enlightned

quote:

MGTOW is Freedom and its global not just australia

Dive onto comments and despair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpisuUkxh2w
Wasn't there a PUA / MGTOW thread at some point?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Panfilo posted:

Evolution? God did it.

For most religious people, this is all well and good. But that stuff is anathema to Biblical literalists, because their theology is extremely fragile and primitive and their solution to observable reality contradicting the Bible is to deny observable reality.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

See, micro-evolution is like taking a journey of a few steps, like walking down to the shops. Perfectly reasonable.
Macro evolution is impossible, like walking five hundred miles. Then five hundred more.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Stoatbringer posted:

See, micro-evolution is like taking a journey of a few steps, like walking down to the shops. Perfectly reasonable.
Macro evolution is impossible, like walking five hundred miles. Then five hundred more.

That's a hell of a proclamation.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pakled posted:

For most religious people, this is all well and good. But that stuff is anathema to Biblical literalists, because their theology is extremely fragile and primitive and their solution to observable reality contradicting the Bible is to deny observable reality.

I mean if they were able to get over the fact that the earth revolves around the sun you'd think they'd come around to other stuff.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Stoatbringer posted:

Just to be that man who would deny evolution at your door?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
So a woman in an FB group I'm part of shared her tips for eating tasty food on a tight budget, and this ensued. Note: the OP is not white.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You forgot to edit an image back in.

It just took me a minute to make the edits and I didn't want to leave the names up in the mean time.

Edit: And the ending:

OP was booted as were most people defending the OP. Business as usual for the rest of the crew.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Apr 15, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Goosed it. posted:

So a woman in an FB group I'm part of shared her tips for eating tasty food on a tight budget, and this ensued. Note: the OP is not white.

edited for names.

You forgot to edit an image back in.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
He goosed you dude lmao

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

goose willis posted:

He goosed you dude lmao

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

"You don't deserve to be called Becky." lmao

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What an insufferable pile of internet hogwash.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I absolutely love that Becky is now understood as an insult to white women.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I substitute portobello mushroom chunks for chicken in most recipes that call for chicken, including butter chicken. I also made tacos, red curry, tikka masala and ordered Vietnamese vermicelli this week alone. As a Becky, I am guilty of cultural appropriation on a massive scale.

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

Goosed it. posted:

It just took me a minute to make the edits and I didn't want to leave the names up in the mean time.

Just FYI there's some identifying info (person's first name and group name) left in there. It wouldn't mean anything to people not part of that network but I knew immediately what group it was. Also that network and its groups are rife for IoSM always!

Edit: OP was kicked out of the group for that post and their comments. The group has had massive admin turnovers and meltdowns galore!

JuiceOne has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Apr 15, 2017

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Connected but no.

They mean you can watch bacteria in a lab change and evolve and the such. There are also exanples of proper speciation https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation

If you start looking at well ANY of that. Like aknowledge the fact that bacteria can become drug resistant then you are in a difficult place.

So you say. Well it happens on a small scale just not a large scale. Which is why I say its a failure of imagination about out 1000000 years is a long drat time. And those micro changes add up.

It's not so much about a small scale in terms of creatures, it's more that it's OK to accept that species change over time (micro), but not that these changes result in new species or anything beyond (macro). Which falls apart once you pursue anything beyond the most superficial study of biology, but these groups tend not to encourage really deep pursuit of any knowledge.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JuiceOne posted:

Just FYI there's some identifying info (person's first name and group name) left in there. It wouldn't mean anything to people not part of that network but I knew immediately what group it was. Also that network and its groups are rife for IoSM always!

Edit: OP was kicked out of the group for that post and their comments. The group has had massive admin turnovers and meltdowns galore!

Show, don't tell. :allears:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Im the people who believe god exists and literally made me be can't be arsed to give him an hour of my week and go to church.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

JuiceOne posted:

Thanks for catching that. I edited the group name but don't care enough to get rid of the one other name. That group is such a poo poo show all the time; it's kind of unreal.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Panfilo posted:

Evolution? God did it.

Because anti intulectuallism

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Catberry posted:

Conservapedia poo poo.

Reminder Conservapedia's creator has an EE degree and doesn't believe in the number i.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Goosed it. posted:

:words:
Edit: And the ending:
OP was booted as were most people defending the OP. Business as usual for the rest of the crew.

Ok, so that was a long form "I'll eat what I want!" but how is a non-POC going to justify making anything ethnic/cultural at all? I mean these aren't starred Michelin chefs making English paella or Glasgow-style butter chicken, they're just a bunch of schlubs in their kitchen.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So if someone takes a poutine and puts pulled pork or something on it, is that attacking Canadian culture?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What even is the point of that group? OP seemed pretty reasonable and helpful in making cheap, tasty food.

The only people I know going on about their spoons are always dickheads about it, too. That seemed pretty consistent.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

So if someone takes a poutine and puts pulled pork or something on it, is that attacking Canadian culture?

No, it's an abomination.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Panfilo posted:

I mean if they were able to get over the fact that the earth revolves around the sun

Well yes. In 1992 So baby steps.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder Conservapedia's creator has an EE degree and doesn't believe in the number i.

What? Is there a link so I can read about this?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

What? Is there a link so I can read about this?

http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Imaginary_number&oldid=240401

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservapedia:Conservapedian_mathematics

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is this where we demean a movement with actual merit by focusing on trivial poo poo like Facebook recipe sharing groups? BRB everyone, gonna go yell at dudes that hold doors open for women because feminism is also important to me.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Rick_Hunter posted:

No, it's an abomination.

It's delicious is what it is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Picnic Princess posted:

Yes, now stop appropriating my bags of milk, too :colbert:.

That whole face book conversation is a crazy ride. I like how everyone just accuses the OP of being white and it just kind of sticks? Like you can just do that I guess? Then ban them for being racially insensitive because they didn't take other people's race into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
When Japan puts mayo on pizza? Racism.