Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJ1FLvvFUo

Roger Stone is one of the smartest—but sleazy—political players out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

I guess maybe if the "hole" he's referring to is poll numbers, then the statement is accurate.

I thought this at first too, but Trump's approval rating has only decreased since he entered office. He is not "halfway" out of the hole.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Good morning! :suicide101:

Master Shake posted:

On Thursday’s Mark Levin show, President Trump said he was going to take out ISIS and that is clearly what he wants to do. The U.S. dropped the “Mother of All Bombs” (MOAB) on ISIS in Afghanistan Thursday to target and take out an ISIS-K tunnel complex. The main attribute of this bomb was designed to crush and destroy underground bunkers and structures like the one ISIS-K had. In addition, in the space of a week, Trump has completely altered his positions from the campaign on Syria, China and NATO. Trump is consistent in his inconsistency, but in the end he will be judged by the voters on whether he was successful or not.

Also, British and other European intelligence agencies intercepted communications between Trump associates and Russians. They detected multiple communications and passed them on to the U.S. They passed this information on and it was leaked by Senate Democrats. Here we have Democrat leaks from Capitol Hill and Obama holdovers from the DOJ or those sympathetic engaging in leaks.

Later, the Convention of States is under attack now that we have the attention of our enemies. The groups against this are allying with the Democrats to preserve an endless bureaucracy to torment the American people. Opponents who are concerned and afraid of a runaway Convention attack the Constitution itself.

Finally Michael Doran calls in to talk to Mark about his new book, “Ike’s Gamble”.

turns out the UK and other intelligence agencies in Europe are working together to "preserve an endless bureaucracy to torment the American people." Dastardly! :argh: Ironically, this level of us-vs-them reminds me of North Korea.

E: oh I misread those were disconnected thoughts but still, lol. Levin has been a more consistent Trump apologist than Nattyreview (with whom he shares pretensions of intelligence) and Breitbart (with whom he shares extremist views)

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 14, 2017

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Edible Hat posted:

I thought this at first too, but Trump's approval rating has only decreased since he entered office. He is not "halfway" out of the hole.

He is if he's digging his way to Moria like a smart person would

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Xibanya posted:

Good morning! :suicide101:

turns out the UK and other intelligence agencies in Europe are working together to "preserve an endless bureaucracy to torment the American people." Dastardly! :argh: Ironically, this level of us-vs-them reminds me of North Korea.

E: oh I misread those were disconnected thoughts but still, lol. Levin has been a more consistent Trump apologist than Nattyreview (with whom he shares pretensions of intelligence) and Breitbart (with whom he shares extremist views)

I remember when Master Shake was a never Trumper lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I thought the MyPillow dude got in trouble with the SEC or something.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I was gonna put this in the Trump thread but I'm 2000 posts behind. It's relating to Spicer's Hitler comments and the staggering amount of gaffes, contradictions and downright offensive, stupid poo poo that comes out of the trump cabinet almost every day as a matter of simple discourse.

It reminded me of bullshit like Obama's "57 States", "my Muslim faith", Hillary's "wipe the server with a cloth" and the annual to semi annual Biden gaffes where he messed up. I mean holy poo poo. The RWM pounced on these things and ran them into the loving ground as signs of gross incompetence. They acted like Biden put his foot in his mouth every week.

It's frustrating and angers me to see and hear them bend over backwards to not only apologize for the horrible things SPicer, Trump and Sessions say all the time, but also to accuse "the media" of picking on them.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

CortezFantastic posted:

I remember when Master Shake was a never Trumper lol

lol

one of my close friends takes his opinions as gospel :smith:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump probably watched Fox News say this about Detention centers

quote:

"The party is over for illegal criminals in jail,” Kilmeade said, remarking on the administration’s search for new jail contracts that would need to comply with fewer regulations to ensure immigrant safety. “Get this: They’re enjoying seven hours of outdoor activity. Who gets that anymore? Fresh sheets, and absolutely — I don’t get that. No need to learn English. I was born with that. But the Trump administration vowing a new plan to cut back on perks in their immigration crackdown, saying, expect a far less detailed set of regulations — maybe even dirty sheets — including no translation services, so learn English.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qa-y8Kn26Y

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Wash your loving sheets Kilmeade, goddamn.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Boy, The Thought Of Dirty Sheets Will Definitely Convince me To Not Do Another Crime

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Sir Tonk posted:

I thought the MyPillow dude got in trouble with the SEC or something.

$1 million fine for saying the pillow cures cancer, hemmeroids and impotency
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/own_a_mypillow_company_agrees.html

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'm certain I will be able to become a fluent English speaker, here in this detention center surrounded by other immigrants who similarly don't speak English and no translators.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I'm certain I will be able to become a fluent English speaker, here in this detention center surrounded by other immigrants who similarly don't speak English and no translators.

Don't forget the daily beatings by guards who fail to communicate with you, and who assume anyone not speaking their language is 'making fun of me' or 'probably planning escapes'

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Dirty sheets are going to do wonders for the working environment, too. Those poor guards. Oh, and also for disease control and poo poo like that. You know, because healthcare, even when they withhold almost anything but emergency care, is pretty expensive but washing the sheets isn't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As the country burns around you, never forget Hillary's emails and the fact that we'd probably be starting a war with Syria if she'd won anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While I don't doubt that Hillary would have had a hard line stance on Syria and might have gotten us into a war with them eventually I doubt she would have made the same action of launching an impulsive and pointless assault in the midst of her first 100 Days just for show.

And she probably wouldn't be playing chicken with North Korea.

Although since its the RWM thread it would be funny to imagine how the RWM would be addressing it if she did.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Brown-haired guy who's not Steve Doocey posted:

No need to learn English. I was born with that.

I can't believe I missed the story of the baby born with a perfect grasp of the English language.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

Although since its the RWM thread it would be funny to imagine how the RWM would be addressing it if she did.

"Every Hillary bomb would be a MOAB, except maybe the daisy cutters (she would only use lady bombs). And she'd force are troops to use derringers in the name of equality of ability. And she'd probably recapture Elian Gonzalez"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In keeping with that MSNBC just showed numbers that show support for military action in Syria has grown from 2013 when Obama considered it but that's mostly just because Republicans went from 26% support to 81%.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Gotta say I'm real tired of shitheads like Hannity saying that "This whole mess in Syria is Obama's fault anyway for not doing anything about Assad before" when Obama went to Congress and asked permission and they said no.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gotta say I'm real tired of shitheads like Hannity saying that "This whole mess in Syria is Obama's fault anyway for not doing anything about Assad before" when Obama went to Congress and asked permission and they said no.

obama should have done it anyway. sean hannity would have definitely respected and praised obama for that sort of bold action

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Twelve by Pies posted:

Obviously he should have ignored them and done it anyway, like a Big Strong Daddy. (And been impeached for being uppity defying congress.)

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean, what do you expect? Antagonizing leftists is their job, possibly tied with brainwashing their audience.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

In keeping with that MSNBC just showed numbers that show support for military action in Syria has grown from 2013 when Obama considered it but that's mostly just because Republicans went from 26% support to 81%.
I happen to have this:

"Every issue is just partisan now, including national defense! Both sides are equally fickle.
Actually...."

The difference on Democrats' opinion is within the rounding error, where the GOP difference is... remarkable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the numbers MSNBC showed in that segment I saw were different and had Democrat support increasing like five points or something. But it's the same difference. Democrats more or less the same, Republicans comically flip flopping.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
To be fair, the real question is how different the swing would be if Hillary had become president and ordered air strikes against Syria.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

vseslav.botkin posted:

To be fair, the real question is how different the swing would be if Hillary had become president and ordered air strikes against Syria.

Well, it's impossible to have a 64 point swing downward when you're starting from 22, so probably not as big. Maybe about a third as big. That seems about right.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I happen to have this:

"Every issue is just partisan now, including national defense! Both sides are equally fickle.
Actually...."

The difference on Democrats' opinion is within the rounding error, where the GOP difference is... remarkable.
I'm curious if the shift happened when Trump became president or when the Syria strike actually occurred.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Crossposting this from my thread because I thought it was a neat demonstration of one of the ideas in my Narrativist Framework. For those who have not read my thread there is the concept called a "Bypass"- or a way that information can be structured to "bypass" regular critical thinking. In order for a bypass to work on a given individual that individual has to have been exposed to it repeatedely. A bypass then is a way of working around questioning an idea by preenting it in a specific and repeatedly ingrained manner. There are threee bypasses in my work, but for our purposes here I need only define one:

Narrativist framework posted:

Bypass of Maximum force: Underlying much of Narrativist solutions to every problem is the idea to strike *thing* with as much force as possible. There is no concept of a proportionate response, just throw everything we have at it right the gently caress now! Conversely, using anything less than the maximum force is considered a sign of weakness, or a signal for "The Enemy" to attack. You can frequently see the Pillar of Maximum Force invoked during discussions of ISIS in RWM.

With that definition in mind I crosspost this from my thread:

Prester Jane posted:

I present to you "The Bypass of Maximum Force laid bare- a play in two acts."

Act I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNJdY6EGGE

Act II:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSHV9PmDV4

Fake Edit: Hooooooly poo poo watch that 2nd video.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Oh snap, the NYT & Hollywood Reporter are now saying that Megyn Kelly had a fued with noted sexual predator Bill O'Reilly before leaving :foxnews:.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/megyn-kelly-email-reveals-complaints-bill-oreilly-before-leaving-fox-news-994296

Maybe this will push the Murdochs into shitcanning his rear end once and for all?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm curious if the shift happened when Trump became president or when the Syria strike actually occurred.
Shirley you have to be kidding.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alienwarehouse posted:

Oh snap, the NYT & Hollywood Reporter are now saying that Megyn Kelly had a fued with noted sexual predator Bill O'Reilly before leaving :foxnews:.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/megyn-kelly-email-reveals-complaints-bill-oreilly-before-leaving-fox-news-994296

Maybe this will push the Murdochs into shitcanning his rear end once and for all?

Just what the hell happened to Megyn Kelly after she left Fox, anyway? I thought she was supposed to become some national narrative-shaping news media super star after she went "mainstream". I haven't heard blip about her since like Christmas, if even.

gently caress, I've heard more from/about Glenn Beck since the election than I have from Megyn Kelly. Not that her disappearing into straight news obscurity is a bad thing, mind you...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 15, 2017

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Like everybody, she bet on Clinton winning. Like everybody, her life is a lot worse now.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Shbobdb posted:

Like everybody, she bet on Clinton winning. Like everybody, her life is a lot worse now.

Imagine how insane it would have made Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and the ultra-conservative blowhard types at Fox if Megyn Kelly got regular access to the Clinton White House AFTER she had a hand in getting Ailes fired? Holy Jesus a man can dream.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

Just what the hell happened to Megyn Kelly after she left Fox, anyway? I thought she was supposed to become some national narrative-shaping news media super star after she went "mainstream". I haven't heard blip about her since like Christmas, if even.

gently caress, I've heard more from/about Glenn Beck since the election than I have from Megyn Kelly. Not that her disappearing into straight news obscurity is a bad thing, mind you...

supposedly she's on the shelf for a couple more months due to a non-compete clause

Alienwarehouse posted:

Imagine how insane it would have made Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and the ultra-conservative blowhard types at Fox if Megyn Kelly got regular access to the Clinton White House AFTER she had a hand in getting Ailes fired? Holy Jesus a man can dream.

other than being able to do a geraldo-style exposé on john podesta's child sex slave dungeon in a secret alcove behind the kitchen, none of them give two shits about having access to a democratic white house

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 15, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

other than being able to do a geraldo-style exposé on john podesta's child sex slave dungeon in a secret alcove behind the kitchen, none of them give two shits about having access to a democratic white house
Bill would care because poo poo like Obama interviews give him the veneer of being moderate.

Hannity would likely wear any lack of access to the Clintons as a badge of honor.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of Geraldo, Kendrick Lamar's new album goes after Fox News and Geraldo Rivera for how they portrayed him and how Geraldo said about Lamar.

"This is why I say that hip-hop has done more damage to young African-Americans than racism in recent years,”

So Kendrick's new album says

“Fox News wanna use my name for percentage,” and “Somebody tell Geraldo this nigga got some ambition.”

So Geraldo has now responded:

quote:

I think too much of hip-hop, too much of rap in the last couple of decades has really portrayed the cops as the enemy, as the occupying army in the ghetto, in the inner city, in the urban centers. It’s an us against them where this very popular, powerful art form, this poetry, is being used to really set young people, young minorities—black and Latinos, principally—against the officers who are sworn to protect them.

He later added:

It seems to me that with Kendrick Lamar—and he’s the best of ’em, like I said. The others far more egregious, with them, indoctrinating young people with the message that the cops are the enemy, that there’s no good way to get ahead. It’s the worst role model. It’s the worst example. It’s the most negative possible message. And what’s the point of it? I mean, you sell records. I get that. You sell records. I get that this stuff is, you know, popular, but it avoids the central reality, just as Black Lives Matter avoids the central reality.

Now, in this building, I probably have a higher regard for Black Lives Matter than anybody else because I think there is a real issue of police violence. I think it’s a real issue. But again, I stress it pales in comparison to the ghetto civil war that’s being waged. It is undeniable that the biggest danger to a young black man in Chicago is another young black man. That is undeniable!

He continued, “I know that the real danger to real black men and real brown men now is that their role model will sing about cops being killers and the system being stacked and there’s no chance of advancement and all the rest of it.”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I randomly got curious what happened to Megyn Kelly myself a week or so ago and looked it up. Apparently she had a no compete clause in her Fox News contract and can't appear on TV until the summer.

Alienwarehouse posted:

It's long been a kind of open secret that Fox News is a dysfunctional mess and OReilly, Hannity, and Kelly all can't stand each other. Kelly was always supposed to be allied with the "news department" with folks like Shep, Wallace, and Baier, and O'Reilly has like the Five and Jesse Watters. Hannity always seemed to be out on the fringe largely by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Andrew Sullivan is back and asking the important questions of our time: "If racism is such a big deal, why are asian-americans so successful?"

Gotta give the guy credit, he can't help himself. Even after 'retiring', he has to drop back into the discourse and spew his Bell Curve, moral-elite crap. If he'd been born in the 1700s, he'd be throwing in with the british and blaming his fellow irish for having subhuman skulls, according to the latest phrenology reports from Eton.