Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

sneakyfrog posted:

dont shortshame friend

Sorry, you can't be a part of the master race AND be under 5'11".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://twitter.com/NathanDamigo/status/853321034249814016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853348658292469764
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853367513626759169
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853355135870750720

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MizPiz posted:

Sorry, you can't be a part of the master race AND be under 5'11".

no i just call dibs on that fucker.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/853366428816130048

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Montasque has issued a correction as of 23:56 on Apr 15, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i find it hilarious that they've chosen berkerly as their battleground

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like they put on a good showing

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baloogan posted:

i find it hilarious that they've chosen berkerly as their battleground

i think they think they are going to run into the weakest of limp milquetoast libs. Sad. Any community college would gently caress those kids up.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

sneakyfrog posted:

i think they think they are going to run into the weakest of limp milquetoast libs. Sad. Any community college would gently caress those kids up.

Apparently they were right.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

This cosplay is getting out of hand.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Wikkheiser posted:

Looks like they put on a good showing

Well, they swarmed into Berkeley to go for a show of force, while there are dozens of Trump tax protests going on across the country. Also, the police were apparently ordered to hang back because they didn't have enough officers to cover the protest, because due to the lack of a permit request they had no idea how many people were coming.

One might ask why they let the rally happen at all if there was no permit, but such is the wisdom of city hall.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

The Proud Boys, MAGAs, Fascists, and Nazis won this time.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

TheBalor posted:

Well, they swarmed into Berkeley to go for a show of force, while there are dozens of Trump tax protests going on across the country. Also, the police were apparently ordered to hang back because they didn't have enough officers to cover the protest, because due to the lack of a permit request they had no idea how many people were coming.

One might ask why they let the rally happen at all if there was no permit, but such is the wisdom of city hall.

berkeley pd hangs back on things like this because they figure the people will get tired and go home at some point

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

:smithfrog:

sigh.

ah well.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Admiral Ray posted:

berkeley pd hangs back on things like this because they figure the people will get tired and go home at some point

Seems like a dereliction of duty when there are literal riots in the streets.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think it's pretty clear that ignorant scared racist white americans are the actual worst pieces of poo poo.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So let this be a reminder: Get swole af

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Montasque posted:

Nah, it looks like antifa is putting out a good showing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

This cosplay is getting out of hand.

how come i never see any cute leftist/liberal girls at these things.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
America was clearly a mistake

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how come i never see any cute leftist/liberal girls at these things.

because of all the blood in your eyes that isnt yours?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SunAndSpring posted:

A very dem take

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al-Saqr posted:

I think it's pretty clear that ignorant scared racist white americans are the actual worst pieces of poo poo.

Talking like that lets the complacent white americans get away with far too much tho

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sneakyfrog posted:

because of all the blood in your eyes that isnt yours?

maybe.

Montasque posted:

:(
how did that happen?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MizPiz posted:

A very dem take

All I see is a pic of a hobbit punching a woman and some inbreds who snatched a flag, why are you so shook?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

TheBalor posted:

Seems like a dereliction of duty when there are literal riots in the streets.

nah. the police don't have the explicit legal duty to protect and serve poo poo, they get to make the determination on the level of force necessary to control a situation. if the city wants more cops there they need to order them there/have ordered them there

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

From what I've seen the fighting ended a while ago.

Lauren Southern, Gavin McInnes, and others were promoting this thing as a big hard-right gathering. So this time the right outnumbered the left in Berkeley.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

So let this be a reminder: Get swole af
A lot more armor / helmets than Antifa too, looks like.

Montasque posted:

The way they see it, Berkeley is very left so being able to overcome resistance there is super symbolic and a victory. If Antifa can't mass numbers there and stop them, where can they?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Montasque posted:

From what I've seen the fighting ended a while ago.

Lauren Southern, Gavin McInnes, and others were promoting this thing as a big hard-right gathering. So this time the right outnumbered the left in Berkeley.

It's not even dark out and there's still plenty of people there. Relax

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Wikkheiser posted:

The way they see it, Berkeley is very left so being able to overcome resistance there is super symbolic and a victory. If Antifa can't mass numbers there and stop them, where can they?

I agree. If Antifas can't hold the streets of Berkeley where can they hold... New York City? Chicago? LA?...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so which flag is better for the house the german style antifas flag or the red black triangles one?

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
Berkely is a relatively small city of barely 100,000 people. The MAGA-heads were flying in and commuting in from all over the country to attend this thing, whereas anti-trump people were spread out across the country in dozens and dozens of anti-tax protests. People need to calm the gently caress down.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/853318305674874881

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheBalor posted:

Berkely is a relatively small city of barely 100,000 people. The MAGA-heads were flying in and commuting in from all over the country to attend this thing, whereas anti-trump people were spread out across the country in dozens and dozens of anti-tax protests. People need to calm the gently caress down.
Ah yeah. They can mass in one place for a big, symbolic victory. But where do they go from there? Not sure.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

this reminds me that the alt-right dude who tried to start a white student union on my campus was also really loving short lol

also a huge coward because a moderate amount of protesting scared him from actually going through with trying to get chartered

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been thinking this for awhile and I'll come out and say it: Antifa has totally failed at everything. This is a big fat F. The first problem is that it tended to fall into the Streisand Effect and make celebrities out of its enemies. Even when forced to admit that, it could at least claim it was defending the "local" community but it's done a poor showing there, too. So what justifies its existence now? Wrap it up and find a new strategy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wikkheiser posted:

I've been thinking this for awhile and I'll come out and say it: Antifa has totally failed at everything. This is a big fat F. The first problem is that it tended to fall into the Streisand Effect and make celebrities out of its enemies. Even when forced to admit that, it could at least claim it was defending the "local" community but it's done a poor showing there, too. So what justifies its existence now? Wrap it up and find a new strategy.

you sound like a democrat.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
is antifa that organized anyway

sounds like just a common banner that people rally around, not a monolithic organization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/853364011416432640