Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Jesus Christ, what happened? Did a gamer girl cuck you?

What is it with you people and the word "cuck"? Why do you think about it so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Goons being legit mad at each other is more insufferable than Rogue One talk (Rogue One is a bad movie)

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

mng posted:

Goons being legit mad at each other is more insufferable than Rogue One talk (Rogue One is a bad movie)

But Rogue One had characters that you cared about like the blind space monk and the crippled guy with emphysema and

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Force Awakens is targeted at those who've heard of star wars maybe seen a few of the movies. It's garbage for the masses.

Rogue One was like a valentine to the real star wars fans. It lives in the star wars universe. Force Awakens is just bland space trash.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Now talk about how the prequels are secret masterpieces.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Like just try to describe the character of the empire pilot traitor guy from rogue one.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Leia saying "I don't know what you are talking about, this is a diplomatic vessel" now comes across more like "officer what do you mean, maybe you saw a rust-orange Dodge Dart literally 10 seconds ago but you had to turn around, obviously you are mistaken and this is another car. Do you have a warrant, am I free to go?"

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Now talk about how the prequels are secret masterpieces.

They're poo poo.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

But Rogue One had characters that you cared about like the blind space monk and the crippled guy with emphysema and

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

these posts are endless trash

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

a bone to pick posted:

Like just try to describe the character of the empire pilot traitor guy from rogue one.

He was very memorable because of his Home Depot safety gogs.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

without using the words "pilot" or "traitor"

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

'Ethnic'?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jay's cum

a bone to pick posted:

A man opposed to the empire but somewhat cowardly is abused by both sides of the conflict but finds comradery and meaning in being brave.

He's not dissimilar from the translator character in Saving Private Ryan that's a sniveling twerp throughout the film, but is stronger in moral character that he didn't have to forcibly allow a friend to die to find courage.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

He's so happy :unsmith:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
RLM is cool and good. It was neat watching Rogue One at my local theater.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dean of Swing posted:

RLM is cool and good. It was neat watching Rogue One at my local theater.

Rogue One was very pretty and I bet it was very pretty on the big screen vs. my TV

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

That Darth Vader hallway fight owned, but that youtube reviewer was right about like, what if "Glory" had ended with a loving awesome Confederate kicking the poo poo out of the Union soldiers and everyone cheers at what a badass he is.

That actually sounds great

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rogue one is a deeply flawed movie with an incredibly entertaining third act, while TFA is a solid but inconsequential C+ from the first reel to the last. Different strokes for different folks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

tfa had a couple of great moments in it like when han solo dies and then chewbacca goes loving crazy and shoots kylo ren and blows up the whole facility they are in with explosives.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

General Dog posted:

That actually sounds great

The Confederacy was the rebellion though?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I only got about 40 seconds into this, but I loving loved how the one girl gasped so excitedly at a still entirely black screen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The guys are way too old to be this excited about this poo poo, and the women are women and should also be above this sort of thing. Shameful display all around.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't mind Rogue One. I can't disagree with pretty much any criticism anybody could make of it though. There's too much stuff in it. Too many places, too many characters, nothing has any time to breathe, except for the action at the end. But I like Rogue One more than TFA, because Rogue One suffered from trying to do too much, whereas TFA was just the blandest, safest, least offensive thing anyone could have made.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rogue One is a collection of cardboard cutouts who occasionally do cool poo poo, TFA is a collection of likable people who don't really do anything of note.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mike is completely right about Disney Star Wars, it feels fake because no one fucks

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rogue One was alright, I don't know if I would watch it again though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

I only got about 40 seconds into this, but I loving loved how the one girl gasped so excitedly at a still entirely black screen.

Same. The gasp immediately after when you see Ray just being Ray is equally forced and shameless.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Stink Billyums posted:

Similarly A Boy and His Dog was just okay but it has one of the most memorable endings I've ever seen. Also worth a watch if you want to see a very clear inspiration for the Fallout series.

Harlen Ellison called the ending "disgusting and misogynistic" which is pretty god damned :laffo: coming from him of all people

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Harlen Ellison called the ending "disgusting and misogynistic" which is pretty god damned :laffo: coming from him of all people

Isn't the ending the same in the book and movie, it's just the tone that's changed?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't the ending the same in the book and movie, it's just the tone that's changed?

Yeah. The book ends with the boy and the dog talking about how they love each other, and the end of the movie is the dog making a wry joke at her expense. Ellison isn't exactly wrong, but stones and glass houses and all.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

rogue one was good

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

rogue one was good

great av/post combo here

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars posts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars posts.

Endless trash!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

My whole life has been a long irl version of the pit and the pendulum and this was the moment where the blade finally touched skin

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The only reason for reaction videos to be a thing is 2girls 1cup and I don't know why they continued on after that really. That was the pinnacle of the medium.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
watching people fake emotion to watching other things is how meta the earth has become in 2017

and endless tormenting hellscape that ravishes the mind body spirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So are we just waiting for the inevitable Reaction Reaction Videos?

"Oh man, when Mike gasped after he saw Magneto-2 in the trailer, I got chills."
"Word! Ohh, look! McKailifer has her hand over her mouth! What does she see in the trailer? MY HEART IS POUNDING!"

• Locked thread