Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sleeptalker posted:

With this one he's focusing not so much on why black people aren't doing things, but on Liberals trying to push traditional American pastimes like baseball and camping on black people. I read it as a distinctly Conservative fear that their remembered "golden years", which they long to return to, are being somehow taken from them and given to the "other".

Saying white America "forced" baseball on black America when having few African American ballplayers is a very recent thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Even the measurements of Noah's Ark given in the Bible are way too small for that.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

HAT FETISH posted:

"Liberals, especially on campuses, are having a hard time understanding what free speech means. A lot of people on the left think free speech means that only speech I agree with."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of campuses, tomorrow's hot takes from the usual hacks about the nazi attacks on Berkeley may finally be so infuriating that they will kill me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Internet Webguy posted:

The only way to become a political cartoonist is to complain simultaneously about politicians raising taxes and bad infrastructure and never understand the irony.

No, they just don't understand either. They think the government is taking in more taxes than they actually are and the reason it's not fixing things is because it's being wasted on things they don't like.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

duz posted:

No, they just don't understand either. They think the government is taking in more taxes than they actually are and the reason it's not fixing things is because it's being wasted on things they don't like.

Republican Missiles Good.
Social Services Bad.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

It loving baffles me that these people talk about younger generations being unwilling to hear opposing opinions compared to older ones. Last night my mom called me a "snowflake" because I disagreed with her about a kid not wanting to say the pledge. This is coming from a woman who tries to end a conversation the second it gets political because she doesn't want her political leanings questioned.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow guys i've been starting to feel like maybe some of the cartoonists that get posted here are actually gigantic morons? what the hell????

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ooooooo boy, here we go

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

ooooooo boy, here we go

shutupshutupshutup it's a page ago and no one's freaking out yet just shut up and let it pass.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

shutupshutupshutup it's a page ago and no one's freaking out yet just shut up and let it pass.

So, which way do you think the winds would carry fallout? North, East, South or West?

Or North, West, South or East?

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Did he draw Tillerson asleep, or is it just that double-Pulitzer talent making the eye-area completely unreadable?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Did he draw Tillerson asleep, or is it just that double-Pulitzer talent making the eye-area completely unreadable?

He's respecting Tillerson's wishes that no one dare look him in the eye by making it impossible to do so in his art.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
The bags under his eyes are bigger then the actual eyes... plus no pupils...

My god... he's been stricken with Liefeld's Youngblood disease... :ohdear:

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Spiffster posted:

The bags under his eyes are bigger then the actual eyes... plus no pupils...

My god... he's been stricken with Liefeld's Youngblood disease... :ohdear:

Reality being taken over by lovely 90s comic book authors would explain a LOT.

Grimmblud/Darkkblayde 2020
Make America X-Treem Again

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Discendo Vox posted:

It's already pointing south, though?!

Are you sure? From the perspective, I'd say it's pointing north.

:getin:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pakled posted:

Even the measurements of Noah's Ark given in the Bible are way too small for that.

2500 BC. The time of Userkaf, Pharaoh of the 5th Dynasty of Egypt, who presided over a time of peace and stability, with no signs of giant floods (also well after the Great Pyramid was built). Meanwhile in Sumer, the Early Dynastic is in full swing, with writing and history being produced at near-Egyptian levels. None of them report a big flood that destroys their entire civilization (Ushpanitam's mythic cycle is set in the mythic past, not their present). Across the sea, Mesoamerica and the Peruvian Coast, the march towards full states continues, and population grows in the north as maize agriculture spreads into the Southwest. What you don't get anywhere is millions of people dying as a giant flood sweeps across the world. A massive, noticeable event in any archaeological context. Like, we can find evidence of minor river flooding that ruined some floors and walls at a site.

It takes a special combination of willful ignorance, a dismissal of all real evidence and a blind faith in your chosen ancient mythic cycle to stand in the modern world and believe the Old Testament is completely historically accurate.

Not that religion doesn't have a place in human society and all, it's actually quite important for creating and managing social bonds, and keeping anti-social individuals from acting out with threats of divine sanction, it's just, at least admit that most of it didn't happen and don't get offended when you're presented with actual provable reality.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I think I can answer this one. My girlfriend picked me up The Bible from Scratch, which helped to explain the books, their place in history and the timeline. The opening chapter considers The Four Views of Inspiration for how the Bible was written:

• Error free inspiration - Everything happened as it was described, the dates and the scriptures, where God's word is final.

• Romantic inspiration - Where history and stories were written to attract people to God. Like rousing tales of heroism.

• Baby-talk inspiration - Where things were simplified, where the world was created 1,000's of years ago instead of billions etc.

• Here and now inspiration - Similar to the first inspiration, but where God's word exists outside the Bible and should be discussed, instead of just believing that the Bible should just be a rigid law book

So the theory was that the Bible used Noah's Arc to explain the Ice Age and who certain animals went extinct and others survived, or even how certain animals migrated to different continents.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 16, 2017

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, Lietha believes that making the ark small like in the comic makes people think that the flood story in the Bible is fiction, and that if people see the true size of the ark they would go "Ah, yes, this craft absolutely could hold two or possibly seven of every animal in the world as well as enough food and water to take care of them all for forty days." This is why he's a big supporter of that life-size model of the ark in wherever, I think it's Kentucky?

Come to think of it, that life-size ark has to have building inspection permits and is presumably covered by the fire codes. Does anyone know what the maximum occupancy is?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's endlessly absurd that Stantis has brought back Hunny Bunny apropos of nothing.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Time to play "is this an actual political cartoon, or a Kelly-esque parody of the hackiest political cartoon imaginable"

:drumroll:

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd... they are all the hackiest political cartoon imaginable, made in complete earnest. Woo.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

What a a HAIR RAISING cartoon. Really HAIRY situation we have here, with these HAIRbrained nuclear leaders and all, but you know what they say, HAIR today, gone tomorrow!

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Weird tribute to Michael Jackson IMO...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KiteAuraan posted:

2500 BC. The time of Userkaf, Pharaoh of the 5th Dynasty of Egypt, who presided over a time of peace and stability, with no signs of giant floods (also well after the Great Pyramid was built). Meanwhile in Sumer, the Early Dynastic is in full swing, with writing and history being produced at near-Egyptian levels. None of them report a big flood that destroys their entire civilization (Ushpanitam's mythic cycle is set in the mythic past, not their present). Across the sea, Mesoamerica and the Peruvian Coast, the march towards full states continues, and population grows in the north as maize agriculture spreads into the Southwest. What you don't get anywhere is millions of people dying as a giant flood sweeps across the world. A massive, noticeable event in any archaeological context. Like, we can find evidence of minor river flooding that ruined some floors and walls at a site.

Since you're interested in being a history pedant: the Akkadian myth cycle is Utnapishtim, not "Ushpanitam".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's endlessly absurd that Stantis has brought back Hunny Bunny apropos of nothing.
"Apropos of nothing"? Did you forget about her emails??

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This come from pro-life people that are in favor of dead penalty, people that want religious teaching in school except when they learn other religions exist and would get that. That want unfair laws applied to criminals, but then they learn that law make no distinction criminals/normal people. How can people be so dense?

My loving head hurts just thinking how much a bunch of hypocrites and liars are and in denial about everything.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What are you talking about? Hillary's constantly been on the sidelines whining about how she had been entitled to the presidency, how the election was rigged, and personally fomenting rebellion against our Glorious Leader.

If she hasn't been, then why do the cartoonists keep saying she has? :smugbert:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bill was a conservative bogeyman for almost the entirety of W's tenure as president. Bad things Bush did were actually fallout from Bill getting a blowjob once.

Now that we've had 8 years of Obama, and because Hillary still draws breath in this life, they will be the new bogeymen until the next Democratic president/prominent liberal who actually manages to get things done despite Republican efforts.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

After The War posted:

What are you talking about? Hillary's constantly been on the sidelines whining about how she had been entitled to the presidency, how the election was rigged, and personally fomenting rebellion against our Glorious Leader.

If she hasn't been, then why do the cartoonists keep saying she has? :smugbert:

really the fact that she didn't hang herself on live TV and/or hand herself in to the local police station for all crimes anyone ever accused her of to be carted around the country for crowds to throw rotten fruit at is enough to enrage most of these guys

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ben posted:

Frank Chodorov claimed the income tax was the ‘root of all evil’ and he was right. Once we were inflicted with the scam known as the Federal Reserve, the mass robbery known as the income tax soon followed. We are forced to pay for our own enslavement. Oh sure, they tell us it’s ‘voluntary.’ Try not volunteering and see what happens. Heroes such as Irwin Schiff resisted it and they locked him up. He died shackled in a prison hospital while Clinton pardoned his drug pushing friends as well as the billionaire Marc Rich.

But I digress. The income tax was first promoted as a means to make the rich ‘pay their fair share.’ At first only the rich had to pay, and they only had to pony up 7 percent at the most. Nowadays it’s close to 40 percent and everyone has to pay. Even if the tyrants refund some taxpayer money, every year we are still forced to reveal all of our finances to our masters. The IRS has become a rogue agency and they can harass us and seize our money at any time. We are all guilty until we can prove our innocence.

Nowadays tax slaves are forced to pay in a record amounts, and yet we continue to roll up record debt and deficit spending. The government has grown to gargantuan proportions. We’re forced to fund the bankers' wars and global conquests. Entitlement spending is at a record high. We have all paid into social security for years and yet that’s broke, too. They pinched it and spent it long ago. It now consists of nothing more than an enormous basket of IOUs.

The tax code has reached nearly 75,000 pages. Nobody can keep up with it or understand it. Many must rely on ‘experts’ and we pay people to do our taxes. Everyone has broken tax laws one way or another. That’s the way they like it—we’re all criminals who are also forced to violate our 5th Amendment right. We must incriminate ourselves. The other day I was driving on Highway 2 through Kalispell. A young person was dressed in a Statue of Liberty costume and beckoning customers to use a tax service called, “Liberty Tax.’ That’s an oxymoron if there ever was one. We’re bombarded by TV commercials touting services that encourage us to play the game ‘to win.’ We The People can never win. It’s a rigged game benefiting only those at the top of the pyramid.

Those winners are the central bankers and the private Federal Reserve that they own. They own a printing press that they use to give them riches and power and we have to pay that back—with interest. It’s debt slave currency—not real money. It’s impossible to pay back unless we have printing presses ourselves—and that would be considered counterfeiting. Now they want to do away with cash altogether and get us all on the grid to make what we earn and spend trackable. It will also give them more power to steal from us. It’s about control.

As I said, the income tax was originally presented as a means to sock it to the rich and take some of their passive income. They were going after the windfall profit gleaned from investments such as stocks and bonds. At the last minute they also slipped in wages as ‘windfall.’ We working class folk work hard for our money. We trade our labor for money. It’s an equal exchange. Where is the windfall in that? The rich corporations are able to use lawyers to game the system. The average Joe doesn’t have the resources for that, so the workers and small businessmen get socked the most. The powerless always bear the brunt. It’s the screwing of the average man and it’s unconstitutional.

Meanwhile, our so-called government representatives amass vast riches while in office. Career politicians are the new royalty and they pass legislation to enrichen themselves and their ultra rich buddies. The Clintons claimed they were broke, but now they are worth well over $50 million. What did they do to amass such wealth? They pulled the levers of graft and power, that’s how. Will anyone in Congress ever end the pernicious income tax? Of course not. It’s there as a tool of control and tyranny.

These are a few things to consider when you shovel off your hard-earned income into the pockets of your masters. At the very least, realize that you are NOT doing your civic duty by allowing yourself to be robbed. It’s about control. They could easily print up their own money—they don’t need yours to waste.

It’s time to end the Fed and their gestapo, the IRS.

—Ben Garrison

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Lol did the orange lord of incest not save you from your obligations as fast as you'd like?

Turns out Conservatives really really like spending all that money on bombs and golf and like hell are they gonna kill that goose without a numerically superior kickback

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Lol at everything in the forms.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Okay so:
  • Use of "big whiny crybaby" trope except now we're meant to sympathise with it, presumably because it's not a woman/doesn't have dyed hair/no piercings
  • Unironic use of "Big gubmint"
  • Wool grows back
  • Actually not shearing sheep is pretty bad for the sheep iirc
  • The wool is used to help other people, many of whom use it to not freeze to death while going about their business
jesus christ

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

Oh sure, they tell us it’s ‘voluntary.’

That's as far as I got before I Seinfelded out.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Uh, Garrison, shearing sheep is good for them. I know you're going for a "sheeple" thing but sheep that don't get sheared look like this

and they have a hard time seeing and moving and are at risk of overheating. You could have chosen a better metaphor if you're trying to say "taxes are bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Homer Simpson's got a bit of a cruel streak in the later seasons I see

• Locked thread