Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
What the heck is incel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

What the heck is incel

INvoluntary CELibate. Guys who can't get laid and are real bitter about it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Powaqoatse posted:

wtf is wrong with you

Not a thing dawg

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fool_of_sound posted:

INvoluntary CELibate. Guys who can't get laid and are real bitter about it.

I was thinking it involved incest or something

That's kind of tame tbh

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

exploded mummy posted:

That's kind of tame tbh

You'd think that until you see the poo poo they spout, constantly, all the time, no off switch.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

exploded mummy posted:

That's kind of tame tbh

I'm not familiar with the thread, but just imagine bothering to actually form a community around not getting laid, and how obviously resentful and bitter an "incel" community would likely turn.

People form crazy obsessive communities centered around way stupider things than not getting laid, I think. Like the one you linked earlier.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hemingway To Go! posted:

You'd think that until you see the poo poo they spout, constantly, all the time, no off switch.

The mind goes crazy when one hadn't gotten laid... Ever.

It's like todash space from The Jaunt; those incels will likely age faster than the rest of us sex-havers.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
For some it did involve incest, or at least hoping for an incestual relationship with a mom or a sister so they could finally get laid. Incel poo poo is crazy, I could only read a page or two at a time because that poo poo was hosed up. Probably for the best that it got gassed but :barf:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Incels are somehow weirder than wizards.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

exploded mummy posted:

That's kind of tame tbh

The idea in and of itself is tame; some people can't get laid at all/as much as they'd like and, for better or for worse, sexual frustration can make people irritable, cranky, depressed, or sad. It's also tied into American society's revulsion toward sex like it's some weird, dirty thing that only icky people do a lot. Must protect the children from sex! Sex is BAAAAAAAAAAD!!!! If you have sex before marriage even if you do it safely you'll get super gonnhosyphilaids and get pregnant with a thousand babies even if you're male!

People who use "incel" tend to be Reddit-style MRAs that nobody would want to gently caress anyway.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Incels are somehow weirder than wizards.

When all other explanations fail, 'an incel did it'.

Well, they didn't do 'it', lord no; just whatever you're referring to at the time.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

exploded mummy posted:

That's kind of tame tbh

It's not, these guys openly hate women at a level that's honestly difficult to read about, while at the same time being desperate for them to the point of contemplating suicide.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

corn in the bible posted:

actually dobsob was offered a disney job too but it was to work on coloring books etc and not cartoons so he turned it down

That I did not know.

I don't mean to continue the derail, but was this a recent development or just something I'd blocked out of my mind?

Scudworth posted:

It's not, these guys openly hate women at a level that's honestly difficult to read about, while at the same time being desperate for them to the point of contemplating suicide.

I haven't delved too much into the community (and I'm not really planning on it), but isn't most of it just "I can't get laid. Must be something wrong with women" that plagues MRA/PUA-types who claim feminism caused it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mojo1701a posted:

That I did not know.

I don't mean to continue the derail, but was this a recent development or just something I'd blocked out of my mind?

I haven't delved too much into the community (and I'm not really planning on it), but isn't most of it just "I can't get laid. Must be something wrong with women" that plagues MRA/PUA-types who claim feminism caused it?

I haven't read the thread but it seems like Elliot Rodger is their ultimate form

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

syscall girl posted:

I haven't read the thread but it seems like Elliot Rodger is their ultimate form

Na, Rodger did get laid (to rest after his post-massacre suicide).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:vince:

Bravo.

Elliot Rodger, IIRC, believed that women should've just jumped directly into his car because he was handsome, rich, and had a nice car, without doing any work to talk to a girl at all.

So yeah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mojo1701a posted:

:vince:

Bravo.

Elliot Rodger, IIRC, believed that women should've just jumped directly into his car because he was handsome, rich, and had a nice car, without doing any work to talk to a girl at all.

So yeah.

Yeah, people who knew him said he would always answer with one or two words, which explains why a guy from money, with a producer for a father, in LA of all loving place, couldn't at least get a hand breezy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I seem to recall an E/N Incel thread 3 or 4 years ago that was very :stonk:

Just like all of my SA misadventures I followed a link there from another thread. I'll admit it took me a while to figure out what Incel actual was and that OP was being 100% serious about being one.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Now I am having an InLOL

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The majority of us mass shooters are those incel types

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah Incel doesn't mean like stereotypical fat lonely neckbeard it means people like Elliot Rodger and that dude who executed a reporter on live TV

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mods, please change someone's username to Incelliot Roger, tia.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kelp Me! posted:

Yeah Incel doesn't mean like stereotypical fat lonely neckbeard it means people like Elliot Rodger and that dude who executed a reporter on live TV

Wait, what?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sounds like he wasn't very SMART

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

got any sevens posted:

Sounds like he wasn't very SMART

He has half of a forum that adores him, and who will fight over who gets to rebuy his account when he does cross-site callouts in a thread where every new page must start with a cat picture. It's a pretty sweet gig, in all honesty.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

whiteyfats posted:

Wait, what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Alison_Parker_and_Adam_Ward

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

Wait, what?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Alison_Parker_and_Adam_Ward

There is not only live video of the shooting taken by the TV cameraman but the shooter also made 2 cell phone videos of the lead up to the shooting and the shooting itself that he posted on his Twitter while he was on the run from the cops.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

exploded mummy posted:

That's kind of tame tbh

It did involve incest a lot of the time actually

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

lifg posted:

Or in the case of the incel thread, incels came in to defend themselves.
:words::
These sorts of threads shouldn't simply be gassed and tossed down the memory hole, they should get their own display case. That could be the purpose that the GBS Graveyard is looking for, "you ought to see what a shitpile that thread turned into". A good place to put perennially reoccurring megathreads that start out good before slipping into a death spiral, so mods don't have to ban and gas them whenever they show up, or create lists of subjects it's not okay to make posts about even though they'd be extremely popular and on-topic for that subforum.

Then whenever the topic comes up, which it inevitably will now and then, mods can just close it with a link to the corpse of the last one, and if someone really thinks they have exciting new information that brings fresh new perspectives to it, they can try a Gas Chamber Challenge where they bet their :tenbux: that it won't immediately get shot down and/or shat up. It'd also be a good display case for sagas that got gassed because kamikaze shitposters or disgraced ex-mods wanted them taken down to hide some embarassment.

That would beg a new Front Page feature, some sort of Post Post-Mortem crew or Thread Black Box to sift through terrible Weekend Web-worth threads diagnosing various posting atrocities and places where things all went wrong, instead of every cadaver being labeled "unclean" and tossed into the same mass grave.

Comedy is rotting on the vine here

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

actually dobsob was offered a disney job too but it was to work on coloring books etc and not cartoons so he turned it down

He can draw fine but has nothing interesting to say, but his ego is too big to allow him to work for a talented writer. In other words a typical bad webcomic artist.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Syd Midnight posted:

He can draw fine but has nothing interesting to say, but his ego is too big to allow him to work for a talented writer. In other words a typical bad webcomic artist.

And in case anyone else is curious, he even tried his hand at a hackneyed coming-of-age comic about a teenage girl that discovers she's a lesbian.

It's exactly as bad as you'd assume. Worst part was he wouldn't stop referring to it as a bildungsroman.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

mojo1701a posted:

Worst part was he wouldn't stop referring to it as a bildungsroman.

I know Dunning-Kruger gets thrown around a lot but geez.

Whatever happened to the CYA "Molecule?" I recall it being very cute and fun then the OP no longer had the time and/or was no longer invested in it.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
You mean Microbe? The images are long gone (waffleimages), but the two threads are archived.

Microbe also still has a facebook page.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
the microbe thread's content was fine, but the thread itself was absolute dogshit and 99% spam because of the OP going "update incoming!!!" and then half the thread regulars would just spam :f5: and :siren: a bunch
i couldn't help but feel it was some kind of weird unnecessary attention jockeying

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think I still have a couple of the microbe/foxcrobe pics in my archives somewhere.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

I Said No posted:

the microbe thread's content was fine, but the thread itself was absolute dogshit and 99% spam because of the OP going "update incoming!!!" and then half the thread regulars would just spam :f5: and :siren: a bunch
i couldn't help but feel it was some kind of weird unnecessary attention jockeying

Gotta make that big big thread for a big big ego boost. Later on Captain Corduroy convinced himself Microbe would become A Thing on the greater internet, and so the 2nd thread OP had things like this.

quote:

OTHER poo poo:

Microbe T-Shirts are available from the inimitable bEatmstrJ you're so inclined. Thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2775196

Should other merchandise be available, I'll link here.

Microbe Wiki!
http://microbe.wikispaces.com/

Microbe's Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112381493

laffo at bEatmstrJ, king of foresight

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Gotta make that big big thread for a big big ego boost. Later on Captain Corduroy convinced himself Microbe would become A Thing on the greater internet, and so the 2nd thread OP had things like this.

laffo at bEatmstrJ, king of foresight

The posts from that Facebook are sad as hell

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Gotta make that big big thread for a big big ego boost.

the thing i don't get is that the cyoa was good enough to begin with, all the pumping up wasn't really needed because the thread already had a pretty decent following

EDIT:
i compare it to that other CYOA i don't remember the name of where you picked blue, yellow or red and it told the story of some girl trying to escape a mad mind-controlling roboticist or something, that was good too but didn't try to make more of itself than it was

I Said No has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Apr 16, 2017

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Syd Midnight posted:

:words::
These sorts of threads shouldn't simply be gassed and tossed down the memory hole, they should get their own display case. That could be the purpose that the GBS Graveyard is looking for, "you ought to see what a shitpile that thread turned into". A good place to put perennially reoccurring megathreads that start out good before slipping into a death spiral, so mods don't have to ban and gas them whenever they show up, or create lists of subjects it's not okay to make posts about even though they'd be extremely popular and on-topic for that subforum.

This is the purpose of the Comedy Purgatory, though it never does get linked to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

I Said No posted:

the thing i don't get is that the cyoa was good enough to begin with, all the pumping up wasn't really needed because the thread already had a pretty decent following

EDIT:
i compare it to that other CYOA i don't remember the name of where you picked blue, yellow or red and it told the story of some girl trying to escape a mad mind-controlling roboticist or something, that was good too but didn't try to make more of itself than it was

it was red yellow blue

it was waffleimaged, but the guy had posted a pdf of the first part which i downloaded back in the day

e: iirc it was made by 'internet janitor'

ee: no it was by thallium: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2842418