Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Raptors plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

IT2's sister was just killed in a car crash :(

That really sucks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Raptors coming back would be p cool

E: wrong thread

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Some more really good writing from The Ringer, breaking down a couple interesting plays that some playoff teams use: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-five-plays-pick-and-rolls-handoffs-warriors-rockets-jazz-3f7739d623ec

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bucks in 3

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Fear the deer

Jerry Stackhouse
Apr 12, 2008

Playoff predictions: https://66thtake.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/pigs-and-fishes-this-is-auspicious/
Accuracy guaranteed or your money back.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Yesssssz

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors always lose game one so its not the end of the world. It is suspicious though that a team that scores so well always goes cold in the playoffs. As if the person in charge is unable to adapt to other game plans and refuses to play his good players in the right situation.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Is anyone else having problems with Reborn4HDLive? It won't load the stream for the Spurs game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Papercut posted:

Is anyone else having problems with Reborn4HDLive? It won't load the stream for the Spurs game.

There is an announcement on PC, read the banner in top, get the extension and hit the link on the bottom. They said they'll have it fixed tomorrow, apparently league pass made a change.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

Raptors always lose game one so its not the end of the world. It is suspicious though that a team that scores so well always goes cold in the playoffs. As if the person in charge is unable to adapt to other game plans and refuses to play his good players in the right situation.

i dont think casey forces kyle lowry to be terrible

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
classic playoff lowry

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Malcolm Brogdon earning his incoming Rookie of the Year award!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Redgrendel2001 posted:

IT2's sister was just killed in a car crash :(

this thought is loving horrible and i hope he goes loving ballistic on the Bulls tomorrow in honor of her

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
NBA using humble in its intro playoff promos owns owNs OWNS

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/853380979854946304

we're hosed

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That's a PG.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So I haven't really followed the NBA much since the early 00s and I'm trying to get back into it this year. I'm semi-watching the Spurs/Griz game and the camera focused on a particular player and my first thought was "drat that guy looks old and possibly homeless...dear god that's Pau Gasol!"

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

what the gently caress

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did giannis miss a season for the sixers and grow five inches while i wasnt watching

sharknado slashfic posted:

So I haven't really followed the NBA much since the early 00s and I'm trying to get back into it this year. I'm semi-watching the Spurs/Griz game and the camera focused on a particular player and my first thought was "drat that guy looks old and possibly homeless...dear god that's Pau Gasol!"

hahahahahaha

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm choosing to blame all this poo poo on Chandler Parsons and his bum chicken legs. We paid you half of a small African nation's GDP to come in and shoot the ball and your rear end stays on instagram getting cooked by CJ McCollum while a team of highly trained chimps posing as doctors poke your knee with a stick and scratch their chin with a sense of curiosity

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/853428337045262336

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope it's more draft pick consequences

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
But can Giannis shoot 3s?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Panzeh posted:

But can Giannis shoot 3s?

No, it's basically the only hole in his game. He shot 30% on 3P during the season.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No, it's basically the only hole in his game. He shot 30% on 3P during the season.

He shot 27.7%. He's loving terrible from 3. If he ever gets used to how long his arms are he'll be unstoppable

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

edit: that was a wrong thread.

If Giannis could shoot 3s we're all really doomed

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/853404369751912448

$6,000,000 a year folks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kristaps-porzingis-unhappy-phil-jackson-knicks-015636997.html

quote:

Porzingis isn’t alone. Players are privately fuming that they want no part of the organization’s summer slate of triangle offense regimen at the team’s suburban New York practice facility, league sources told The Vertical. In reality, there’s an open rebellion to the triangle – for the offense itself, and by extension, the discord and dysfunction that it’s implementation has burdened upon everyone.

It isn’t only Jackson’s laborious organizational emails about the triangle – demands of emphasis on schooling players on the reverse pivot move, or the proper passing techniques – but his increasing insistence on the coaching staff and players that the obsolete offense become fully functional for the 2017-18 season.

Derrick Rose is the only one you can trust Phil.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Of course of course the Raptors are the first team to potentially threaten my bracket/ honestly I had a feeling (and that feeling is called history)

p.s. Spurs suck y'all

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

G-Hawk posted:

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/GrandpaTurner/status/853384984278831104

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

what is this unholy devil team

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Declan MacManus posted:

I keep saying year after year, if you just have John Hammond draft and have someone like Hinkie to do all the trading and signing, that team would be unstoppable.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

That looks like a nightmare you can't wake up from

That looks like a nightmare you can't wake up from

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Tae posted:

I keep saying year after year, if you just have John Hammond draft and have someone like Hinkie to do all the trading and signing, that team would be unstoppable.

That's basically the setup now with Justin Zanik being groomed to take over and Hammonds "retiring" to a scouting/draft role. At least that's the scuttlebutt.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I can't believe Lowry is too fat to get passed a 50 year old

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hammond is a wizard who can descry the hand-arm freaks who can ball from the gangling parodies of humanity. For everyone else it's a coinflip

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The bucks are the next evolutionary step of homo sapiens

• Locked thread