Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I like Harrison Bomberfriend but feature-length videos armchair quarterbacking about game design is something not everyone is going to be into regardless of the host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What if I told you that Dark Souls 2 is an objective G5F5 game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a bit of Fallout 4 this morning, it's a G2F4, no doubt in my mind. "F4" is especially fitting given the title, haha!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jay Rust posted:

I played a bit of Fallout 4 this morning, it's a G2F4, no doubt in my mind. "F4" is especially fitting given the title, haha!

"F4" for "That's what you press plus Alt when playing Fallout 4," heyo.

(I don't have strong opinions about Fallout 4 either way.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't like him because several several years back we used to be friends and then he kept shoving some old d&d RP stuff he dug up on me on the internet in my face even though he knew it made me feel uncomfortable and he kept telling me it was my fault for being offended and that he was doing me a favor by showing me how stupid I was as a kid for doing it.

I've seen his content, he is perfectly capable of making good content, I just don't like him as a person because of what he did to me and his bullshit reasoning for it. It hurt a lot and I don't believe there's any way I can forgive him for it because my entire life is already filled with enough poo poo that I didn't appreciate someone I considered a good friend purposefully going out of their way to be an rear end in a top hat supposedly for my own good.

Thats cool fak personal stuff is fair game for not liking. You the man fak, never gonna see hate from me your way

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

When someone tells you they're doing something to you for your own good, that's a big warning sign that means they're a jerk.

Sorry that happened to you, FAK :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

What if I told you that Dark Souls 2 is an objective G5F5 game

I would tell you that your use of the VGRVG system is invalid through trying to treat a subjective rating objectively!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mutata posted:

hbomber is good because he makes videos about how poo poo racist YouTubers are instead of making vids that just go "Yeah but COMEDY" or blaming newspapers or whatever.

A long running gag when he first started out was that he was secretly a Nazi. He's taken those videos down at this point, but all of his callout poo poo rings hollow because of that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, if you enjoy hbomb's content then keep on truckin, idgaf and I don't want it to seem like I'm telling people they shouldn't be allowed to like his stuff. I know I'm in the minority and I've just got personal reasons for it so I try to avoid giving him views and stuff when I can.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

At least he took them down instead of made it his new life's work to defend them forever.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's low-risk in a game that is built around punishing you severely if you make a mistake. The later games in the series do a much better job of supporting non-shield based builds (which is especially and trivially true of Bloodborne), and once you've played the series a bit you get used to the mechanics and can play around with a lot more options, but if someone was starting the series with Dark Souls 1 today I'd still advise them to find a good shield ASAP.

E: gently caress that sounds poo poo FAK.

Which is literally what Hbomber says in his video...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, if you enjoy hbomb's content then keep on truckin, idgaf and I don't want it to seem like I'm telling people they shouldn't be allowed to like his stuff.

Doesnt seem. You cool.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I like Harrison Bomberfriend but feature-length videos armchair quarterbacking about game design is something not everyone is going to be into regardless of the host.

Some guy got real mad in the Zelda thread because nobody wanted to watch the two hour critique vid he posted with no context.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress gently caress ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NEW HIDEKI NAGANUMA MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othifj91Q3w

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grapplejack posted:

A long running gag when he first started out was that he was secretly a Nazi. He's taken those videos down at this point, but all of his callout poo poo rings hollow because of that.

I didn't see those but is that really something you should hold against him if he took them down. I mean I said a lot of poo poo when I was 16 that are things I call people out for saying now, that's just growing up. For example I, and pretty much everyone my age, used "gay" and "bad" interchangeably, with zero sense of irony, and would think anyone who called this behavior homophobic was a dumbass. Now that's something that I find pretty lovely and would never do myself.

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/853337512353320960

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Red Bones posted:

I wonder if hipsters were in vogue at the start of this game's development, because leaning so heavy into the hipster stuff for your main cast in 2017 (or whenever this game is going to be released) feels very weird and dated.

Well, looks like that video was posted in April of last year, so assuming it was in development for some time before that I'd assume they started dead in the middle of that poo poo being a thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kai Tave posted:

Sounds like the Red Letter Media guy who became internet famous by excruciatingly dissecting the Star Wars prequels while pretending to be a serial killer/rapist.

i dont know anything about this hbomberman but red letter media is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

This makes backing that worthwhile even if I never get around to playing it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean he also posted a Tumblr apology like yesterday of him doing the same thing that kite said he did to a different person, but let's not talk about him in this thread anymore.

corn in the bible posted:

dark souls 2 is bad

At least the PvP worked, it being all hosed up in 3 really hurt that game for me. :(

Sakurazuka posted:

This makes backing that worthwhile even if I never get around to playing it.

This is such good poo poo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't see those but is that really something you should hold against him if he took them down. I mean I said a lot of poo poo when I was 16 that are things I call people out for saying now, that's just growing up.

It should be held against him. You know, for his own good. :v:

/joke

e:

Grapplejack posted:

I mean he also posted a Tumblr apology like yesterday of him doing the same thing that kite said he did to a different person, but let's not talk about him in this thread anymore.

Oh okay sorry!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

It should be held against him. You know, for his own good. :v:

/joke

Thanks for getting Khad banned in the Thief thread :colbert:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

exploded mummy posted:

Thanks for getting Khad banned in the Thief thread :colbert:

What did Khad do?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:( I didn't want Khad to get banned.

I forget what even happened that resulted in his banning. I just know he was really depressed when we'd play minecraft and someone else on the server we were on kept trying to nuke his house because he wasn't privy to what everyone was doing in the server at the time and so they kept getting mad at him. I remember being in a skype call where a guy was bragging about how after they'd run Khad off to another section of the map, he had made a nuke block and set it up near some ores under Khad's house so that Khad would nuke everything. It was a dick move and I ended up secretly moving the nuke to this guy's house instead so that when he opened his door, he'd set off the nuke (and...well, blow up a lot of the other server's main content in the process unfortunately, that was pretty assholeish of me since it destroyed a bunch of stuff some others had been working on as well) and then the server map got rolled back to before the nuke and the nukes got disabled.

I'm really fuzzy on the khad banning stuff, what did I do again because I remember being partially involved in that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A guy who hosted a minecraft server me and a friend played on sort of vanished from his server, which then went offline. We only found out months later that he had died of a heart attack at quite a young age.

That's one of the main things I associate with minecraft now, unfortunately.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Losing gaming friends / internet friends is always a terrible thing, since a lot of the times you just never know. They just sign off one day and... That's it. :( We've all had friends just leave. Most of the time we hope they just got really into real life, but...
I'm glad you got closure at least lurdiak.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sometimes you get pleasant surprises, but it doesn't make up for the worrying. One of my good real life buddies was convinced a friend of his committed suicide because the last time they talked he was talking about taking his own life a lot and vanished from the net for like 3 years, then poof, one day he just logs on and is like "Oh I forgot about this account".

I don't deal well with finality and the loss of friendships in general, so losing online friends, even just due to drifting apart, rubs me the wrong way. When they might've died or actually did die, it really messes me up. I lost two good online friends last year, as well as my grandfather, so it was pretty rough for me. I know that as I get older, losing people in my life is just going to become something I have to deal with, but I just can't seem to accept it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm gonna throw a hot take into the thread and say that a guy who makes 80 minute Youtube critical essays about video games has absolutely no room to be calling people out for playing Dungeons & Dragons.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

forget what even happened that resulted in his banning. I just know he was really depressed when we'd play minecraft and someone else on the server we were on kept trying to nuke his house because he wasn't privy to what everyone was doing in the server at the time and so they kept getting mad at him. I remember being in a skype call where a guy was bragging about how after they'd run Khad off to another section of the map, he had made a nuke block and set it up near some ores under Khad's house so that Khad would nuke everything. It was a dick move and I ended up secretly moving the nuke to this guy's house instead so that when he opened his door, he'd set off the nuke (and...well, blow up a lot of the other server's main content in the process unfortunately, that was pretty assholeish of me since it destroyed a bunch of stuff some others had been working on as well) and then the server map got rolled back to before the nuke and the nukes got disabled.

Don't feel too bad this story owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

I'm gonna throw a hot take into the thread and say that a guy who makes 80 minute Youtube critical essays about video games has absolutely no room to be calling people out for playing Dungeons & Dragons.

Sorry to drag this out but I wanted to clarify this. It wasn't that I was playing d&d, it was that I'd been more or less using that d&d character as my online persona for years when I was younger because it was a form of escapism for me since anyone who talks to me will eventually find out one of the dozens of horrifying/hilarious "kite's mom is a terrible, terrible person" stories and I'd try to get away however I could, and I wasn't proud that I'd built up this dumb internet persona around escapism and avoiding dealing with the abusive situation I was in, so I didn't appreciate when he'd find and take that old D&D bio stuff and shove it in my face and talk about how he's trying to make me into a better person by trying to rub my nose in it, even after I'd asked him to stop and explained why it bothered me.

Ok now I'll stop, sorry grapplejack

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i beat persona

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

i beat persona

Me too it was great

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

StrixNebulosa posted:

What did Khad do?

he was Khad

it's like bartleby the scrivner, except bartleby made bad lps and owned a dog

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'd explain more but it was like 6 years ago and you had to be there thing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If we're talking about people from a million years ago bring back Martin random

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Dark Souls 2 loving owns

Cowcaster posted:

i dont know anything about this hbomberman but red letter media is good

the plinkett reviews really suck

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Anyone else remember the time fragmaster unbanned keep it real?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looper posted:

Dark Souls 2 loving owns
I think overall its probably the Souls game I enjoyed the most. Had a lot of fun doing co-op in that with others.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Raxivace posted:

Had a lot of fun doing co-op in that with others.

You didn't, actually

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

You didn't, actually
Uh yes I did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

You didn't, actually