Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had a pinch bolt on my front axle somehow walk itself out a few years ago. I don't know if maybe I didn't torque it properly or forgot to tighten it completely or what.

The other pinch bolt and nut were fine and torqued properly, but I just couldn't bring myself to ride with one missing, so I know how you feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Awe yiss it fit. That bitch is loctited on and going nowhere until I deem it so!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Hey fellow bike man who was going 30mph on an otherwise empty interstate lane. I know the exit lane you wanted to get in had too many cars and whatever lined up, but after the fifth car trying to pass you does so by saying "gently caress it," driving 70mph slightly on the shoulder but mostly in your lane, and missing you by about a foot, you might just want to go ahead and get in line, my dude.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I put my DRZ on Seattle craigslist and the first email I got was someone asking for loving jetting help

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yerok posted:

I put my DRZ on Seattle craigslist and the first email I got was someone asking for loving jetting help

Wanted: Someone to wade through 15 million thumpertalk jetting threads

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
And while I've got you- why does my DRZ keep killing all my batteries!?!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Tell him he has a bad DRZ and to throw it in the literal garbage, then buy your DRZ which is running well.

Take the discarded DRZ, fix it, and sell it to someone else.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Look buddy what you gotta do is get one of those orange bikes

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I'm pretty sure there's an entire subforum at TT dedicated to jetting. Tell him to make an account and :justpost:.

Alternatively, tell him about the illustrious Cycle Asylum question thread, in which he can pick the brains of dozens of DRZ enthusiasts. Of course, he'll need to buy an SA account and then make the customary introduction thread in GBS.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I told him some stuff, maybe he'll figure it out, maybe he won't.

edit: I've had two people complain at me today about cheap poo poo I have listed on craigslist. I'm going to kill the next one.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 14, 2017

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Tell him its a loving single, figure it out.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm building a cruiser using a Colombo V12 out of a 250 GT SWB, need jetting help.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
craigslist man's one weird tip to make your DRZ fast, thumpertalk HATES him

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
FUUUUUUCK. So much for my biking renaissance, just received a Notice of Intended Prosecution for 37 in a 30 during my little fun run last weekend. I've checked my helmet cam and to be honest they're being generous, I was going considerably over that when I hit the beginning of the hash marks, braking heavily. Completely and totally my own fault, I should have seen the camera and the marks way, way earlier, but if anything that makes it hurt all the more.

Of course 37 is 1mph into the "guaranteed prosecution" zone too (30-33 they don't even bother looking at, 33-36 they may choose not to prosecute but will probably give you a Speed Awareness Course), so there goes my 17 year clean streak on my license. At least 3 points is unlikely to hurt my insurance.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

^ where do you live that 37 in a 30 isn't escapable with $300~ and a lawyer's business card?

I think I'm going insane not having a bike. I took the MSF a few weeks ago, got licensed, I rode my buddy's bike, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy one until I'd paid back a loan in full, and that's not going to happen until may 19th. Every day is a nice day I could've been out riding. :(

Life is neverending pain.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think he's in Australia or NZ or one of those places where 1mph over the limit is dangerous, reckless driving and you get locked up and thrown in a pit of snakes or something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

I think he's in Australia or NZ or one of those places where 1mph over the limit is dangerous, reckless driving and you get locked up and thrown in a pit of snakes or something.

He's a filthy inselaffe.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

I'm increasingly driven to just start watching Demolition Man on a loop and face to the 3 seashells.

OTOH VR sex with Sandra Bullock and Taco Bell forever :pram:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Chichevache posted:

He's a filthy inselaffe.

And a Londoner at that. *spits*

e/ meanwhile, in the civilised North, my brother in law got pulled doing 57 in a 40 and only got a speed awareness course :v:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 15, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I once got pulled over going 93km/h in a 50 zone (27mph over the limit) because of one of those bullshit situations where a tiny podunk town on an 80km/h road sticks its 50km/h sign right at the "city limit" which is beside a cornfield miles away from the first building. So I was speeding a little but then hit the arbitrary limit where I was speeding a lot, and the cop caught me right there.

The cop let me off with a warning, thankfully, I guess cause he knew it was kinda bullshit and it would have been like a $5000 fine.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I got pulled over doing 87 in a 25. The cop let me off because I stopped (the last guy he tried to pull over ran) didn't argue with him, and his favorite show was Mad Men (my last name is Draper).

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Thought I was already on the ramp to the highway but still on an access road, 70 in a 55. I got off with a 10 over, and wouldn't have been that if I had gotten the M designation on the license. I had passed the MSF but was lazy.

Took a stupid online test and no points :D

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Only noobs and scrubs get pulled over

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

Only noobs and scrubs get pulled over

Can confirm, got my ticket from last year hanging up in my locker at work.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I've never been pulled over. Definitely should have been quite a few times.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Lol at all this "pulled over" stuff, how quaint. No human beings have been involved or are likely to be involved at any point in this process (possibly myself excluded). We have electronic oppression down to a fine art here in Her Majesty's United Kingdom. Ironically had I been doing considerably quicker than that it would have probably have been worth taking it to court, my mate got away with 97 in a 50 with "only" 3 points (but a >1k fine and whatever amount he paid the lawyer), but like I say they got me bang to rights and it's not worth the gamble of getting it bumped up.

(Other forums suggest that 37 might well get me a course because I've not been pulled over in Essex for absolutely years and that was always for rectification not for speed, and also Essex Plod are skint and make considerably more profit on the courses than on a prosecution for an SP30. I had to do one in Portsmouth years ago when I got done by the same camera that got Anne Robinson's license, literally my only claim to fame, and it was kinda enjoyable for what was basically protection money)

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Finger Prince posted:

I live in Toronto now.

From a few pages back but i was in Toronto for work a while back and did dirt riding and trials bike training for a day with these guys.
http://trailtours.ca/
Was pretty cheap (even allowing for the favourable euro-loonie exchange rate at the time) and good fun.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

One of the cops up where I ride regularly is generally ok, trundles around in his Nissan Patrol, if he sees you being a lunatic he turns the lights on, waggles his finger at you out the window and continues on his merry way.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if he had expired plates or a warrant or something but a small town cop popped a guy right ahead of me doing while we were doing 45 in a 40 on my way home from work tonight, going with the flow of traffic. I just assumed he blipped his horn and lights because he wanted to get through the traffic but he definitely snagged a dude and stopped.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I got pulled over once cause the cop thought my bike was awesome looking and wanted to check it out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lol at all this "pulled over" stuff, how quaint. No human beings have been involved or are likely to be involved at any point in this process (possibly myself excluded). We have electronic oppression down to a fine art here in Her Majesty's United Kingdom. Ironically had I been doing considerably quicker than that it would have probably have been worth taking it to court, my mate got away with 97 in a 50 with "only" 3 points (but a >1k fine and whatever amount he paid the lawyer), but like I say they got me bang to rights and it's not worth the gamble of getting it bumped up.

(Other forums suggest that 37 might well get me a course because I've not been pulled over in Essex for absolutely years and that was always for rectification not for speed, and also Essex Plod are skint and make considerably more profit on the courses than on a prosecution for an SP30. I had to do one in Portsmouth years ago when I got done by the same camera that got Anne Robinson's license, literally my only claim to fame, and it was kinda enjoyable for what was basically protection money)

Ask me about getting a ticket in the mail and a few stern phone calls on the basis of my neighbour complaining.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I do miss your old avy

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Took a four hour round trip on the slab up to the Iron Pony this afternoon to go try on some new gear. On the way up, a lovely young lady decided that, oh poo poo, she needed to get off at THIS EXIT (where 71 kicks right and merges with 70 just south of downtown Columbus for anyone who knows that area) and swung over from the far left lane, across the no-man's land between the continuing highway and the offramp and into my lane, and then jammed on her brakes so she didn't rear end the guy two car lengths in front of me. No signal, of course. I was already on the brakes, but had visions of being rear ended and thrown from the bike again.

Flashed my high beams at her, got the "yeah yeah sorry-not-sorry" wave in the rearview. I CANNOT loving WAIT for self-driving cars to be the norm.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

In the world of the self driving car, where will we be? :ohdear:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Bananana posted:

I don't know about you, but I'll be blasting across the alkali flats in a nitromethane-fueled japanese superbike, dozens of police drones in hot pursuit

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know about you, but I'll be blasting across the alkali flats in a nitromethane-fueled japanese superbike, dozens of police drones in hot pursuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

If only this song was about a bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

:lol: they'll just deactivate your vehicle remotely before throwing you in a time cube. Enjoy infinity to life, scumbag.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

The Bananana posted:

Riding alongside cars that react far more predictably to out presence than any human driver.

No robot is going to swerve around its lane to stop you from splitting past, or pile into the side of you because SMIDSY, or reverse into you at a stop light and then loving stamp on the accelerator instead of the brake when they realise they're running you over

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I got pulled over once cause the cop thought my bike was awesome looking and wanted to check it out.

This has only happened to me once, on a shakedown run on my RD350, which was good because I had no plates or anything on it. The cop totally got what I was doing and was basically like "go home and don't let me see this awesome bike on the road again without plates"

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

Where has RBL been lately anyway?