Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The double drop event has been postponed apparently until "further notice"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104435/official-rise-together-event-postponed

quote:

UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

We apologize for the unexpected behavior in the Rise Together event. We've identified the issue, however, we want to take more time to ensure the event is ready for all of you.

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

Thank you all again VERY much for all your passion and support for !

RyDiggs

Let's see how the rabble is handling the news

quote:

MoeBoogie
1 posts Member
April 13, 2017 8:19PM
This whole argument about "Cantina" and "Cantina Battles" is dumb. ANYONE that has played this game since the beginning knows that the double drop has always been cantina battle shards. I guess with the exception of this MOD doubles people are talking about that I've never seen, but it's ALWAYS been cantina battle shards so this whole wording argument can stop because it's not valid.
Not well apparently, as a huge slapfight has broken out over the technicality of what "cantina" even means apparently.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

The double drop event has been postponed apparently until "further notice"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104435/official-rise-together-event-postponed

Let's see how the rabble is handling the news

Not well apparently, as a huge slapfight has broken out over the technicality of what "cantina" even means apparently.

Mod battles should prolly get their own energy, imo.

Cantina and Mods competing is loving gross.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ugh, guess its time to use my cantina refreshes then.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

waah posted:

Ugh, guess its time to use my cantina refreshes then.

Dont. That doesn't say double drops cancelled it says the Phoenix event is delayed.

Double drops usually go live after arena payout time est when they push updates. Wait till then.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I have a full First Order team in arena, hovering between 100-150 in the rankings. I'm gonna have my first zeta ready tonight and was wondering if I should stick it on phasma or kylo. I know everyone loves kylo's but would phasma be better for boosting my whole squad?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I just unlocked Yoda (6*) now I'm wondering what to use him for?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fecha posted:

I have a full First Order team in arena, hovering between 100-150 in the rankings. I'm gonna have my first zeta ready tonight and was wondering if I should stick it on phasma or kylo. I know everyone loves kylo's but would phasma be better for boosting my whole squad?

I've never encountered this problem before. Offensively, I think it still goes to Kylo. In your hands, he's basically unkillable (even Boba/Vader have a hard time with him -- stacking dots just makes him go insanely fast and do more damage). Defensively it probably goes to Phasma.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Double drops turned on on my shard and we got 500 crystals and an omega for our troubles

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crumbletron posted:

Double drops turned on on my shard and we got 500 crystals and an omega for our troubles

from the 100x100x200x200 I got a shitload of cantina credit and 30+ TFP shards so I'm happy. Especially since 500 crystals were free.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

Yup, that's the good news.

You're also in for some bad news.

EA_Jesse posted:

Upon completing the RISE TOGETHER Event, a new Event will unlock: STAND TOGETHER. This No cost/reward event will allow you to play with the complete Phoenix Squad up to five times a day with opportunities to revisit the Ghost and Phantom II ships as well.

The rewards for this 5x * 2 * 7 event is 1k credits per...or a whopping 70k credits over 7 days.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It's the only way I can really get a handle on playing that team, so it's nice to be able to practice? I guess?

Space Crabs posted:

from the 100x100x200x200 I got a shitload of cantina credit and 30+ TFP shards so I'm happy. Especially since 500 crystals were free.

I got 22 Kylo shards from 100x2 + 200 but I realized I probably should've been simming the cheaper 10 energy node for the extra 8 attempts

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

It's the only way I can really get a handle on playing that team, so it's nice to be able to practice? I guess?

I got 22 Kylo shards from 100x2 + 200 but I realized I probably should've been simming the cheaper 10 energy node for the extra 8 attempts

Well, at least you have 4 more days of simming the other node.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Lets just go like we did with AAT, P1 is immediate upon raid start and P2/3/4 at the following raid start.

Ok I think we can probably start doing this with the next tank raid (which will happen after guild rollover tomorrow). Do people think we should cap p1 damage, to, say 800k?

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Fecha posted:

(Also FO arena user)
Zeta Phasma means crit immunity at the start, so you won't instadie when facing droids or clones or wiggs etc.

Zeta Kylo can solo almost whole teams unless he gets stunned or ability blocked, that's why I can't get past the wall of Sith currently at rank 30+. Thinking about going full tenacity just to try if it works; but I bet there's some good reason not to :(

Zeta FOST is unpredictable but really fun when it procs in FOTP on a counterattack, melting Wedge before you even had a go :agesilaus:

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Another request for advise on what to use my new zeta on:

https://swgoh.gg/u/bobthedestroyer/collection/

First zeta was used on Vadar, I'm building Maul and Kylo however they aren't there quite yet. I'm thinking maybe QGJ or Cody but they're both a bit underwhelming. My Jedi team isn't too bad so might go with QGJ.

Thoughts?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Another request for advise on what to use my new zeta on:

https://swgoh.gg/u/bobthedestroyer/collection/

First zeta was used on Vadar, I'm building Maul and Kylo however they aren't there quite yet. I'm thinking maybe QGJ or Cody but they're both a bit underwhelming. My Jedi team isn't too bad so might go with QGJ.

Thoughts?

I would probably save it for maul/kylo or use it on Boba Fett. You're 2 critical Jedi away from having a really good zQGJ team so I think it would be a waste there. You'd want 2 out of Aayla, barriss, GK to go with QGJ, JKA, Yoda

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
I'm 114/145 for GK so he's coming along.

I might just hold off on using it at all and hope I get a poo poo tonne of Kylo shards during the double drop period

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: Zid

He works about as advertised. The extra health is nice. +50% potency means I can load him up w CC mods for extra dots, and he's getting 2 or 3 extra turns in each arena fight, which means I'm laying down his special twice; a really nice benefit under Zader, both for dots and tm reduction.

I don't see him being as useful under any other lead but he's definitely improved my team.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Trip report: Zid

He works about as advertised. The extra health is nice. +50% potency means I can load him up w CC mods for extra dots, and he's getting 2 or 3 extra turns in each arena fight, which means I'm laying down his special twice; a really nice benefit under Zader, both for dots and tm reduction.

I don't see him being as useful under any other lead but he's definitely improved my team.

What's the full lineup? I assume he replaces Palp in a Zader/TFP/Boba/Shore lineup?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

What's the full lineup? I assume he replaces Palp in a Zader/TFP/Boba/Shore lineup?

I replaced Boba since he's not empire and I wanted to maximize the AOE TM reduction. So, Zader/Zid/EP/TFP/Shore. Not having execute can suck against 2x tank teams, but those are fairly rare.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I replaced Boba since he's not empire and I wanted to maximize the AOE TM reduction. So, Zader/Zid/EP/TFP/Shore. Not having execute can suck against 2x tank teams, but those are fairly rare.

Yeah, I don't know that I could roll without the offensive dispel and taunt-ignoring AB on my shard. But seems like it'd definitely be stronger against Zaul teams without a pretaunt

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Anyone else disappointed in the Rise Together event?

I like the ships, but it seems like the event was just created to get us to waste training droid on 2-4* characters many players won't use.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They are totally gonna be releasing Anakins ship soon, aren't they?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I like the ships, but it seems like the event was just created to get us to waste training droid on 2-4* characters many players won't use.

From a collectors perspective, I think it was pretty cool.

I collect all toons and lvl40 G4 them, and in retrospect, that would have been good enough for this event. Honestly I hope they keep this up.

It's only 130k credits to lvl 40 a guy, and the gear requirement is mostly just piles and piles of poo poo you won't miss anyway.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 14, 2017

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

tadashi posted:

Yeah, although I'm glad you don't need to get them fully leveled and geared; I just took them up to 50/GS 4 or 5, and threw on leftover mods, and was able to clear it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Also, 1,000 credits for doing the Stand Together portion of the event? Are you loving kidding with this poo poo?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Also, 1,000 credits for doing the Stand Together portion of the event? Are you loving kidding with this poo poo?

The follow-up event is specifically added for "replay-ability*.

Many people complained that they didn't get to replay the character unlock events to learn more about how to play the character. This follow-up event is designed for no other purpose than letting you dick around and learn more about character synergy... it also teases you with how they would perform at higher levels.

There was never supposed to be a reward, and I don't intend to complete these follow-up poo poo ever.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wintermutant posted:

Yeah, although I'm glad you don't need to get them fully leveled and geared; I just took them up to 50/GS 4 or 5, and threw on leftover mods, and was able to clear it.

Don't even need this. I auto'd the whole thing at level 30/gear2 abilities at level 2.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Don't even need this. I auto'd the whole thing at level 30/gear2 abilities at level 2.

Thank you. I was wondering what the minimum was to get through this event.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok IGD goons, next tank raid goes as follows:

1. Start at 8pm pacific
2. Attack P1 freely
3. When P1 is down, hold damage until tomorrow morning at 8am pacific
4. After 8 am, attack P2+ freely

Do still be smart with your teams, but we're in good shape for damage.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So this was asked in guild chat, but the new ship spam went by so fast I missed it if anyone answered it.

Why exactly are Phoenix Squad so bad? As a new player I have no barometer to tell what makes a good 85 unit since I'm not even close to that yet.

And what about the Phoenix Ships, are they any good at all?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fullTimeLurker posted:

So this was asked in guild chat, but the new ship spam went by so fast I missed it if anyone answered it.

Why exactly are Phoenix Squad so bad? As a new player I have no barometer to tell what makes a good 85 unit since I'm not even close to that yet.

And what about the Phoenix Ships, are they any good at all?

Neither the characters nor the ships are awful... the problem is he only way to get either into a place where they are broadly usable requires the investment of thousands of dollars - compounded by the fact that they really only shine when used together. A big part of Phoenix's power comes from Hera's lead that allows all Phoenix characters to share their passive bonuses, so you want to use them all together. The ships are similarly heavily partnered, and in turn require you invest in all six of the aforementioned toons.

TL;Dr: they could be great, but for the next several months, they're basically a tease. None of them is a Baze or a Nihlius that can define a team on their own at 4*/G11 for arena.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Phoenix would poo poo on a lot of the old meta teams but the problem is a lot of their gimmick (Counter, TM gain through using abilities, assist calls) get completely shut down by the top meta team right now zMaul.

If you werent worried about being in say the top 50 or top 100 they are probably a dece arena team, but if you start reaching into the zMaul stratus you're gonna get poo poo kicked.

CG created a monster with zMaul squad and I'm not sure how they can hard counter the team without releasing an insanely op unit.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Bohdi seems like a gesture to stop Zaul, uh, in their CG fashion.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dely Apple posted:

Bohdi seems like a gesture to stop Zaul, uh, in their CG fashion.

The classic unit who in theory offers some counter play but will realistically never take more than like 2 turns. Maybe jedi Luke will get a zeta that makes all allies attacks unevadable.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

From a collectors perspective, I think it was pretty cool.

I collect all toons and lvl40 G4 them, and in retrospect, that would have been good enough for this event. Honestly I hope they keep this up.

It's only 130k credits to lvl 40 a guy, and the gear requirement is mostly just piles and piles of poo poo you won't miss anyway.

I liked this event for that reason. I just dropped piles of garbage gear and a trivial amount of credits to do the whole thing. Adding to that the replay part having a really nice mix of squads to fight (not so much on the ship side) made this event pretty fun. I wish they would give us the non ship part of the replay in some area so we could have the ability to test arena teams. It wouldn't reflect actual arena fights though since mods but it would be nice.

Also :toot: baze and chirrut are almost ready. Cassian g9, k2 g9, and bistan g8 7*. Jyn though 4* that's taking forever. I think I am a month or two from full r1. So my question is should I save my all my zetas or should I zeta kylo since I will finally 7 star him during double drops and he is already 85 g8 or around there.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Jerkface posted:

The classic unit who in theory offers some counter play but will realistically never take more than like 2 turns. Maybe jedi Luke will get a zeta that makes all allies attacks unevadable.

Or they could just nerf zMaul, they've brought back OB/dooku lead levels of dodge with his zeta, they nerfed their dodge %'s way back when the dodge meta was everywhere, they should do the same here. They can't look at an arena top 50 see 70% zMaul and think "yep he's fine". Either knock off some % evasion of % TM or ideally knock both down to 15 or 10/15.

But having faced it in GW the other day Zihilus sith teams are going to be brutal when they start to appear, at least with them you won't see "DODGED" 25 times before you lose.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

rocket_Magnet posted:

Or they could just nerf zMaul, they've brought back OB/dooku lead levels of dodge with his zeta, they nerfed their dodge %'s way back when the dodge meta was everywhere, they should do the same here. They can't look at an arena top 50 see 70% zMaul and think "yep he's fine". Either knock off some % evasion of % TM or ideally knock both down to 15 or 10/15.

But having faced it in GW the other day Zihilus sith teams are going to be brutal when they start to appear, at least with them you won't see "DODGED" 25 times before you lose.

Soon as zMaul eats a Nerf it'll just be Baze till the cows come home. Again.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malkof posted:

Soon as zMaul eats a Nerf it'll just be Baze till the cows come home. Again.

Yeah, I actually want them to knock down baze and Zaul just a little, so that other teams, like full r1, zQGJ, and Clones can all shine a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hixalot, you've got over a day inactive. Is this a temporary thing or can we look for a replacement?