Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

LET'S GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
THE SCOTS :scotland:

Oh what the gently caress are they all his daughters?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Dude, Scotsman.

Now we know what he's been up to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His eyepatch is tartan.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A nobler end he could not ask for :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jesus :stare:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
FORCE GHOST SCOTSMAN :allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I feel less bad about this now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man the mask logo from those Symphony X albums is an awful person

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Jack: so badass he doesn't need a pokeball to catch Gyrados

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Hey I found a water dragon no biggie let's go for a ride

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, all new DBZ, maybe they'll finally go past Recoome this time!

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
RIP everyone who thought Jack would have cool adventures with old Scotsman.

edit: is that actual Japanese mythology? I only know of Izanagi and Izanami, but that's more of the creation of Japan than anything.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

VJeff posted:

Wow, all new DBZ, maybe they'll finally go past Recoome this time!

Recoome's time warp is unbeatable

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

EagerSleeper posted:

RIP everyone who thought Jack would have cool adventures with old Scotsman.

edit: is that actual Japanese mythology? I only know of Izanagi and Izanami, but that's more of the creation of Japan than anything.

Not that I know of.

Also, Holy poo poo Pimp Jack!!!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Oh poo poo Jack turned into The Undertaker.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jack needs to keep that ridiculous outfit for at least one episode :stare:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jack keeps getting great outfits.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

bobjr posted:

Jack keeps getting great outfits.

Aaaannnnd losing them, it seems.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aku's robots still use three-pronged plugs

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Aku's robots still use three-pronged plugs

Truly the most evil of plugs

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay that was... um... pretty disappointing. The first three episodes of this were so loving perfect, too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's a bit contrived. Jack could've just waited a minute to see they weren't dead.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

okay that was... um... pretty not good.

Punished Jack. Men become demons, etc.

Edit: but yeah jack. Check for a pulse next time. I know you were half a step from nihilist jack but drat man.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Dehumanize yourself and face to kidshed.

Oh geez, what the heck is going to mean? What does the green fellow on horseback mean? Is Jack going to go evil? Or perhaps is he going to kill himself?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

That's a bit contrived. Jack could've just waited a minute to see they weren't dead.

Well they looked quite dead, and their writhing in pain didn't help. But really you can chalk it up to Jack's PTSD. This was just the straw that broke the camel's samurai's back.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Given Jack's reaction, I'm guessing this might be related to the source of his PTSD. I got a very "oh god not again" vibe off his reaction.

SamuraiSnake
Jul 1, 2010
I think we're going to get something spectacular next episode. This was all a set up for the mysterious green samurai.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm not sure how to feel about scotsman coming back just to die so he could come back as a ghost

also the episode was kinda weaker but it still had nice things, really liked that storybook segment

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TwoPair posted:

Well they looked quite dead, and their writhing in pain didn't help. But really you can chalk it up to Jack's PTSD. This was just the straw that broke the camel's samurai's back.

Yeah, his reaction was obviously more traumatized than anything else.

Hell I'm traumatized too, between the Scotsman and the kids' fakeout.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Past part of the next episode preview: woolies are still around!

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

I'm enjoying the reverse of normal Jack fakeouts, "Thought he was a robot, huh? Nope, they were a flesh and blood person! We can kill people now!"

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yeesh, that was hard to watch. The Scotsman was the best part of the episode and he was only there for a few minutes. It's really surprising how much the quality nosedived from the first three episodes which were practically perfect.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeesh, that was hard to watch. The Scotsman was the best part of the episode and he was only there for a few minutes. It's really surprising how much the quality nosedived from the first three episodes which were practically perfect.

It sucks cause The Scotsman is best when he has Jack to play off of, but that Jack character doesn't really exist anymore.

The way they're playing up Aku's depression is uh, odd?
It feels like they're attempting to make him sympathetic, outside of him just being naturally goofy in the earlier episodes (with Mako, they don't really have the luxury of letting him vamp)

On the whole I was hoping this season was going to be more fun adventures with a little bit of seriousness. But the goofy campiness has all but evaporated.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

The first three episodes had an extremely tight arc in the Daughters' pursuit of Jack, and since we've gone past that we've lost a lot of the tension and suspense that drove those episodes, especially since Jack has once again become aimless and despondent.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I also think the fact they we're basically getting a rush of major plot points that were going to happen in a full, fleshed out series occur in eight episodes does put a damper on their impact.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I thought episode 4 was pretty good. I didn't see all of this episode but I definitely got the impression it was a little rushed, which is a fear I've had for this

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
What an emotional rollercoaster that opener was. But yeah, most of what came after that was only so-so. This felt like a necessary in-between "gotta get from point A to point B, samurai jack" plot; not necessarily bad, but not great as a standalone. It'll probably be a different experience when you can marathon the season.

Looking forward to the Scotsman's Ghost vs. Blue Jack.

(Does anyone have a gif of Jack blowing a puff of air at the little cotton ._. creature and sending it tumbling away? That thing was so cute. :3: )

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
This felt like a real spacer episode, yeah. Seems like it's just there to set up whatever's gonna happen next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

holy poo poo was the black rider not just another figment but actually THERE the entire time? Like, it's an actual apparition?

• Locked thread