Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dan ryckert is anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

RentACop posted:

I feel like sandwhale and me would be better just watching all the episodes at once

I feel like Sandwhale and Me would be better just not watching at all.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Silly Dragon Ball is Best Dragon Ball.

It's when it forgets it's supposed to be silly that it gets bad.

Even when it forgets, it's silly in how bad/dumb it gets.

GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR POWER.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Unscientific posted:

It definitely does get better. This arc is pretty much Super's lowest point

I never saw RoF and only vaguely remember the Super version, but it was only alright instead of great. It's at least not five episodes of a single damned fight. I think?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I like Lord Beerus.

I hope you do because we're going to see obscene amounts of him and Whis from now on

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I like Lord Beerus.

Beerus is great and i'm glad he didn't end up being some generic "evil comedy relief" kinda one shot villian like i feared it was going to be when i first saw him in the movie.

I actually kinda like the first part of this whole arc, i even liked the differences in the fight with Beerus at first. But then i come back after 2 weeks and they even changed it to be worse than the movie ending? That's just :psyduck:

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Strobe posted:

I feel like Sandwhale and Me would be better just not watching at all.

I just think to myself "Well, if this wasn't on we'd just be watching commercials."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Momomo posted:

I hope you do because we're going to see obscene amounts of him and Whis from now on
Beerus basically moves into Bulma's house after a certain point in Super.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Beerus basically moves into Bulma's house after a certain point in Super.

This is the fate of all cosmic entities, when you think about it. Or Kame House.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Five more minutes and we're done with one of the absolute worst things Toonami has aired in its 20 years.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Alright, time for another rousing installment of

Whatever the gently caress is going on here :geno:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

livingfruitvirus posted:

I just think to myself "Well, if this wasn't on we'd just be watching commercials."

it was an ad for canned peas all along

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

RentACop posted:

I feel like sandwhale and me would be better just watching all the episodes at once

no, because then you'd be watching a half-hour of garbage, instead of just 5 minutes of garbage a night

plus, you'd have to sit through multiple scenes of someone eating peas out of a loving can like it's supposed to be engaging or entertaining or some poo poo that the dumbass hack what wrote this trash fire thought it was

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh. Plot?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Everytime i see the font for this thing i get flashbacks to Metal Gear Solid 4.

I liked MGS4, i don't quite know if i like this

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I only watched the first episode of Sand Whale and Me, and it seemed like some weird attempt to do bad scifi Tetsuo or something. Did it get worse or something?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Everytime i see the font for this thing i get flashbacks to Metal Gear Solid 4.

I liked MGS4, i don't quite know if i like this

There's no finger guns here so what's the point?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm not sure what emotions I'm supposed to be feeling during this... show?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Suddenly we Monster Hunter as gently caress man.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is time that could be better spent showing clips of Super Sentai without even subtitles or anything.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

I only watched the first episode of Sand Whale and Me, and it seemed like some weird attempt to do bad scifi Tetsuo or something. Did it get worse or something?
I wouldn't say it got worse per se

so much as that every single episode was exactly the same with nothing interesting about it

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

RentACop posted:

Maybe if they re-edited them to remove the reused footage and cut the total runtime in half

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Sand Whale and Me is basically an important lesson in realizing that even good creators can make bad things and you shouldn't fund all their bad ideas just because they made a big hit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I.... what the gently caress?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

That shot of her looking disinterested in the can of peas perfectly sums up this whole thing really.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't blame Jason for this.

In fact, I actually feel bad that Toonami's limited amount of money was used on this nonsense.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I'll give sandwhale and me this. It's very, uh, toonami

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This is a metaphor for, uh, late-stage capitalism, declining birthrates, uh, uh, global warming, uh, also Jesus? All of those. Very deep, very spiritual.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Previously on DBZ Kai: A savage beating that should have been interrupted by the announcer, like, half a minute into that poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So I guess the human forces are hunting down sand whales because... they're where green peas come from, and green peas are basically the only food around??

And the protagonist was completely irrelevant.

Cool.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't blame Jason for this.

In fact, I actually feel bad that Toonami's limited amount of money was used on this nonsense.

In fact i would blame the new GITS movie, they were probably pressured into showing this thing because it's by the GITS guy and all.

Sandwhale was made specially for Toonami right? This is nothing that has been available to see before this?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel mad that Toonami's money was used on this nonsense. I mean they could've funded so many other things, or secured rights to a more expensive show...

One day Big O season 3, one day...

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm not on social media. To what mailing address do I send a brick with a raised middle finger etched into it?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So is Sandwhale done yet?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

In fact i would blame the new GITS movie, they were probably pressured into showing this thing because it's by the same director and all.

Sandwhale was made specially for Toonami right? This is nothing that has been available to see before this?

The only good GitS related anything this year is Toonami rerunning SAC.

That's a pretty damning statement, considering current technological and societal trends, I feel.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

So is Sandwhale done yet?

Thankfully, yes. Now we don't ever need to watch that garbage-rear end horseshit ever again, and we need never speak of it ever again.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

Thankfully, yes. Now we don't ever need to watch that garbage-rear end horseshit ever again, and we need never speak of it ever again.

I've already forgotten everything about it

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Probably Magic posted:

This is a metaphor for, uh, late-stage capitalism, declining birthrates, uh, uh, global warming, uh, also Jesus? All of those. Very deep, very spiritual.

I can't tell if it was implied she cooked the guy's leg and I don't care but that's surely supposed to mean something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"There's a lot more to this Kibito guy than meets the eye."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Vegeta's right, those two are scrubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Momomo posted:

I've already forgotten everything about it

You're implying it had something to forget.

• Locked thread