Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I swear if this show is setting it up that Uub is one of #17's kids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Adder Moray posted:

I swear if this show is setting it up that Uub is one of #17's kids...
Not gonna lie, I would actually like that.

Have the other kid be Neko Majin though.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Not gonna lie, I would actually like that.

Have the other kid be Neko Majin though.

Who says Uub has to be one of the adopted one?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Uub isn't 17s kid, he was competing in a tournament to get food for his village. Even if 17 loses his ranger job I doubt his family will ever need to fight for money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know it just occurred to me that when Goku offered Trunks and Goten, Android 17 probably totally thought he was talking about Future Trunks.

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.
If Beerus doesn't watch himself with all that eating, he's going to end up looking like Champa

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Doctor Gero Design Document

Potential base line of new androids- capable of wiping out Solar systems, just in case Goku some how fulfills ancient alien prophesy. Limits of new androids- What are you joking? Goku might find some way to go even further beyond, or even some other alien prophesy. No, no, no limits. Also design bug man to eat them and be even stronger. Just in case.

Seriously for the love of Christ, imagine how powerful Cell would be if he spent any time at any day at any moment training. Just, once, train. Imagine what bullshit he could pull off

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Seriously for the love of Christ, imagine how powerful Cell would be if he spent any time at any day at any moment training. Just, once, train. Imagine what bullshit he could pull off

In reverse to my earlier stance i think it would actually crush him, imagine if he trained and became stronger and then he realized that he was not and could not ever become truly perfect.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Burkion posted:

Doctor Gero Design Document

Potential base line of new androids- capable of wiping out Solar systems, just in case Goku some how fulfills ancient alien prophesy. Limits of new androids- What are you joking? Goku might find some way to go even further beyond, or even some other alien prophesy. No, no, no limits. Also design bug man to eat them and be even stronger. Just in case.

Can't believe Cell wasted so much time drinking people when he could've spent five minutes training and surpassed SSJ2 Gohan without even eating an Android.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

You know it just occurred to me that when Goku offered Trunks and Goten, Android 17 probably totally thought he was talking about Future Trunks.

Yeah, that was hilarious.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Didn't Future Trunks specifically tell them about how he was gonna kill them because his future got hosed up by them

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Super Saiyan Blue Goku sending a Kamehameha at you? Just gonna put up my shield and not give a single gently caress.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

No, it's absolutely true. You're paying attention to the big power ups and ignoring all the other power ups that people get to remain remotely relevant. Recall that in a year of training Krillin went from being weaker to Goku who was weaker than Raditz to being able to oneshot several Raditz-level enemies with a single attack. Dr. Gero went from making earth-level Androids to making ones that could effortlessly kill the omnipotent galactic tyrant. The reason why it stands out with Saiyans and such is because they ate the show and the other characters got way fewer fights, not because they also didn't get bullshit power ups that put them on the eternal level of 'close to strong enough."

Dragon Ball has always allowed characters to catch up in power. They're never as strong as Goku or Whoever Is The Most Relevant As The Moment (Gohan/Piccolo/Vegeta/etc) but they're always close behind. Tien and Krillin are never Goku level but they still expanded in power absurdly quickly by any means. The post-Raditz power bloat isn't just for Goku, it is for everyone in the series who ever gets into a fight or gets near a fight.

Also Android 17 ooooowns.

The problem with Super isn't people getting stronger through training. That is pretty much dragonball 101. Someone reaches a new level, and that becomes the new normal for some or all of the cast after the next extended break or the next powerup. And it's that last bit that you aren't understanding.

In the anime, Goku Black powers up with zero explanation, with the exception of Rose (which does make sense). Goku punches him in the chest, and I guess he is stronger now. Vegeta spends a year in the time chamber, comes back and beats the poo poo out of Black who goes back to outclassing him shortly thereafter because he gets annoyed. Black starts creating dimensional rifts and Kage-Bunshin which even the anime points out is sort of ridiculous. Trunks likewise spends a decent chunk of an episode not getting obliterated in his regular super saiyan form (Not SSJIDGAF) against a guy he lost miserably against before he got seven or eight random powerups.

Dragonball does have a pretty consistent power scaling at any particular point in time, and when people power up they power up for a reason. They change forms, they train, they use some new technique. In the anime Black gets stronger because reasons, whereas in the manga adaptation they actually have a reason. The complaint isn't about people getting stronger, its about people getting stronger in the middle of a fight without any explanation.

Edit: Yes he does.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
You could easily say Black got stronger because he figured out how to use Goku's body more. Like, he wasn't sure how to go Super Saiyan but once he saw Goku do it again, he figured it out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

The problem with Super isn't people getting stronger through training. That is pretty much dragonball 101. Someone reaches a new level, and that becomes the new normal for some or all of the cast after the next extended break or the next powerup. And it's that last bit that you aren't understanding.

In the anime, Goku Black powers up with zero explanation, with the exception of Rose (which does make sense). Goku punches him in the chest, and I guess he is stronger now. Vegeta spends a year in the time chamber, comes back and beats the poo poo out of Black who goes back to outclassing him shortly thereafter because he gets annoyed. Black starts creating dimensional rifts and Kage-Bunshin which even the anime points out is sort of ridiculous. Trunks likewise spends a decent chunk of an episode not getting obliterated in his regular super saiyan form (Not SSJIDGAF) against a guy he lost miserably against before he got seven or eight random powerups.

Dragonball does have a pretty consistent power scaling at any particular point in time, and when people power up they power up for a reason. They change forms, they train, they use some new technique. In the anime Black gets stronger because reasons, whereas in the manga adaptation they actually have a reason. The complaint isn't about people getting stronger, its about people getting stronger in the middle of a fight without any explanation.

Black was just holding back to be more smug the whole time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rutibex posted:

Black was just holding back to be more smug the whole time.

This is pretty consistent with his character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Goku Black functions under exactly the same rules as Goku does just with a guy willing to exploit it in a way Goku doesn't. It isn't just Zenkai that makes Goku gets stronger. Goku just does. You can argue it's bullshit but he's the same guy who randomly picks up or makes up skills out of nowhere. (Remember the time he read Krillin's mind?) Or more relevantly Goku naturally learned to harness God energy after the ritual to the point he was using it in his regular form afterwards. It is why he wanted Goku's body in the first place because Goku (and I assume all Saiyans) have a weird-rear end setup where they constant get stronger for no clear reason. Goku Black's entire reason for getting bullshit stronger is that he got Goku.

Trunks on the other hand isn't really hard to explain: Trunks got his poo poo wrecked and healed multiple times over the course of the Goku Black arc and "I got wrecked and came back strong enough to stand up to the guy who wrecked me before" is Saiyan Biology 101 at this point. Super Saiyan isn't a hard limit, it's just a multiplier to how strong he is. Not to mention that general emotions seem to be a big trigger for Saiyans in general. It's literally what gives them Super Saiyan in addition to stuff like NOT MY BULMA or the entire history of Gohan freaking the gently caress out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Plus he absorbed the power of the spirit bomb.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Plus Vegeta punched him a couple times during their 'training' session so that's totally a zenkai boost right there.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

goku black literally says, multiple times, that the more he sees goku in action the more he understands how to use his own body better. thats why he gets excited about fighting goku. its totally explained, unless you arent paying attention, in which case nothing is ever explained i guess

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
vegeta gets beaten by goku, vegeta gets beaten by black goku, is there a single goku this man can defeat?! answer: no

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They never explained how Yamcha was able to survive the multiverse baseball match, this is bullshit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

goku black literally says, multiple times, that the more he sees goku in action the more he understands how to use his own body better. thats why he gets excited about fighting goku. its totally explained, unless you arent paying attention, in which case nothing is ever explained i guess

no but the manga is better

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pretty good episode, some wacky powerlevel shenanigans, but the fight between 17 and Goku was gorgeous. Pretty pissed off that we didn't see 17's family.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

no but the manga is better

The manga is like anime cliff notes, but then you can just read Wikipedia.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Plus he absorbed the power of the spirit bomb.

trunks was being powered by the planet the whole time

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
power levels are bullshit

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

17 meeting Trunks has to happen soon. Hopefully we get a few episodes of the team all together. How many people can enter the Time Chamber at once?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty good episode, some wacky powerlevel shenanigans, but the fight between 17 and Goku was gorgeous. Pretty pissed off that we didn't see 17's family.

they're saving the reveal for later on, when we find out that he married launch

this is how tien gets into the tournament team

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

they're saving the reveal for later on, when we find out that he married Suno/Snow

For even more obscurity.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They never explained how Yamcha was able to survive the multiverse baseball match, this is bullshit

Yamcha is such a joke hes become part gag character.
But only just enough to not die.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yamcha is such a joke hes become part gag character.
But only just enough to not die.

I mean he got to buddy-whack a Destroyer on the back and had a laugh, I think Yamcha died so hard and bad that now he CAN'T die, but will forever sacrifice his relevance. Also why are people arguing power levels. They will never make sense, everyone will always fight on one of three settings - too weak, barely strong enough, overwhelming strength. That's it. That's the three transformations everyone in the entire comic is set to, all the time.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Yamcha is the greatest hero of Universe 7.

Rudoku posted:

For even more obscurity.

Nah, Suno is best buds with Eighter and isn't that obscure (and tried to shoot King Piccolo in the face).

Kelp Plankton posted:

they're saving the reveal for later on, when we find out that he married Chuu Lee

THERE we go.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

17 ain't loving around daym

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope we get to see a reaction from the 17 and Piccolo reunion

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

Dr Gero created Cell, who has the most OP training powers imaginable. If he just blew himself up a five or six more times he would have unlocked his golden form and become more powerful than Zeno or something.

Actually this would be a terrible idea. Cell survived self destructing because his core survived. If he blew himself up again who knows if he would get lucky and his core would survive.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually this would be a terrible idea. Cell survived self destructing because his core survived. If he blew himself up again who knows if he would get lucky and his core would survive.

Wouldn't it be easier for Cell's core to survive after the 1st self destruct survival? You know, cause Zenkai boost and poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

Wouldn't it be easier for Cell's core to survive after the 1st self destruct survival? You know, cause Zenkai boost and poo poo

That core business is baloney. Cell regenerated from a pair of legs once, and he gets his power from Piccolo who regenerated from only his head once. Therefor any part of Cells body can regenerate him. If anything his "core" isn't biological its his soul.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Piccolos regeneration!
Only happens when its convinient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RBX posted:

17 meeting Trunks has to happen soon.
Man I look forward to this, 17 be all like 'wut?'