Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

post some idols that are in their 60s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

post some idols that are in their 60s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yNyhLOIa4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

happy 69th birthday, mari ijima

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im glad that xenoblade 2 is even more anime than the first

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

im glad that xenoblade 2 is even more anime than the first

same

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

well the first xenoblade wasn't anime at all so it can only go up from there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also the music in xenoblade 2 is by the xenoblade 1 composer so it will be good instead of XBX's linkin park music

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought we were past the whole using anime as an adjective thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

I thought we were past the whole using anime as an adjective thing
anime as an adjective defines something that Extremely rules

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

anime as an adjective defines something that Extremely rules

I'll grudgingly accept that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

XBX's soundtrack owned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrsFWOBsAQ

e: admittedly even as a XBX liker it'll be much harder to go back after BotW did a lot of what I liked about it better and without the insane menu/inventory management issues and the phoned in main plot

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 16, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Let's be real here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOeb7StJlRc

If you didn't run into tyrants just to turn this one on, you're dead to me. drat that game hit all the right buttons for me, despite being a solid 8/10. And Sawano being the composer for Re:Creators is a major part of why that show is working for me.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 16, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4

sawano is a pretty great composer and i'm glad he's working on re:creators

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I can't find my post where I shared a lot of potential avs, and they are all missing from my computer. Rip

May I suggest a picture of poop

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

orved again

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

"haha hey the vocalist for this song sounds a lot like anzu, but haha that can't be possible because the VA's prob busy with other work to do stuff for a rhythm game song"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xgHQTVeJ4
"haha but it's made me curious, i should look up who this voice is to se-

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really want to go to bed but still have half a beer

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I really want to go to bed but still have half a beer

I'm out of booze and it's only 11 PM.

I'm probably going to be hungover tomorrow, but at least my meetings are cancelled.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 16, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
so full but there's still beer ugh

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I can't find my post where I shared a lot of potential avs, and they are all missing from my computer. Rip

May I suggest: a chibi Sunshine?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

so full but there's still beer ugh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm almost done with the chimera ant of hunter x hunter

i've been watching roughly six episodes a day for an entire week

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

using handbrake ive made a lot of my anime extremely crappy in quality so that i can fit as much of it on my fire's 64 GB card as i can before my minneapolis trip (which involves a 32 hour bus ride each way). think "era of video when everything had a div-x watermark on it" quality. mostly i don't know what i'll like or won't like so that's why i want as many series as possible

so far i've got on there:

Flip Flappers, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Lupin Pt 4, Mr. Osumatsu-San, Mushishi, Oh Edo Rocket, Blood-C, El Cazador, Ergo Proxy, Fractale, Gun X Sword, Princess Nine, Martian Successor Nadesico, Count of Monte Cristo, Maria the Virgin Witch, Last Exile, Heat Guy J, Rideback, School Rumble, She and Her Cat OVA, Tamako Market, The Rolling Girls, xHolic, Yatterman Nights, Fuse Memoirs of the Hunter Girl, Steamboy, Murder Princess, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

there's 10 GB left on there so I'm gonna see if I can get these on there: Ristorante Paradiso, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, ACCA, Girlish Number, Yuri on Ice, Poco's Udon World

i know some of them have a reputation for being garbage (like fractale) but i wanna give em a chance anyway. and bounce if i'm not interested after the first episode or two

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
experiencing something heavy on really pretty visuals like steamboy or maidragon, or especially something with way trippier visuals like flip flappers or the rolling girls, in super low quality, sounds like a bad time

at least if you end up liking captain tylor that should pretty much keep you covered and not suffer much outside of literally like two or three episodes with good character animation. it's a good show but it's kind of sad how much less expressive the characters are in animation than they are in writing until like the last episode where they suddenly go all out and everything looks great

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

experiencing something heavy on really pretty visuals like steamboy or maidragon, or especially something with way trippier visuals like flip flappers or the rolling girls, in super low quality, sounds like a bad time
it's not necessarily about watching the entire show but just watching enough of it to get into it for when i get back home and i can watch the rest in the good quality, although there will be some that i just binge straight through. tylor might be one of them. or osumatsu

i've gotten a little used to watching artifacty anime from seeing back-catalog funimation stuff on their youtube channel like Pretear

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

it's not necessarily about watching the entire show but just watching enough of it to get into it for when i get back home and i can watch the rest in the good quality, although there will be some that i just binge straight through. tylor might be one of them. or osumatsu

i've gotten a little used to watching artifacty anime from seeing back-catalog funimation stuff on their youtube channel like Pretear

Use HEVC op. 1/3 the file size of x264 at the same quality.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768480&pagenumber=1898#post459734291 ?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why is the dude who animates for a living also the one with the most insane and disrespectful viewing habits

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I respect QFG2's dedication to anime.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Road trips are for manga. :colbert:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I vote

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

so far i've got on there:

Flip Flappers, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Lupin Pt 4, Mr. Osumatsu-San, Mushishi, Oh Edo Rocket, Blood-C, El Cazador, Ergo Proxy, Fractale, Gun X Sword, Princess Nine, Martian Successor Nadesico, Count of Monte Cristo, Maria the Virgin Witch, Last Exile, Heat Guy J, Rideback, School Rumble, She and Her Cat OVA, Tamako Market, The Rolling Girls, xHolic, Yatterman Nights, Fuse Memoirs of the Hunter Girl, Steamboy, Murder Princess, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

there's 10 GB left on there so I'm gonna see if I can get these on there: Ristorante Paradiso, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, ACCA, Girlish Number, Yuri on Ice, Poco's Udon World

Hmm, let's see, I count 27 shows and an OVA there. Let's say an average of 13 eps each across 50 GB, which would put each of your half hour episodes coming in at... around 142 megabytes each.

Actually I guess that's not as bad as I would've thought. Shouldn't you be able to put 480p versions in there that actually look pretty decent?

(Though I agree something like Flip Flap should be watched on a larger screen with better resolution because it looks really good)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dogsicle posted:

why is the dude who animates for a living also the one with the most insane and disrespectful viewing habits
bus trips that last longer than a day change a person

especially ones that make you get off the bus for an hour in the middle of the night (twice)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 16, 2017

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Road trips are for manga. :colbert:

I'm jealous of your ability to read in a road vehicle without giving yourself a headache. Bus trips are for audio.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dzhay posted:

I'm jealous of your ability to read in a road vehicle without giving yourself a headache making yourself vomit. Bus trips are for audio.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

My wife has the same problem. *lays a hand on your shoulder*

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I know your pain.
And yet, it's still so tempting every time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i'm almost done with the chimera ant of hunter x hunter

i've been watching roughly six episodes a day for an entire week

I remember doing that

Thank you most valuable poster Polsy

• Locked thread