Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The problem is that everything is static. The Bounties always drop in the same place (like, at this point I know where every single grunt pod lands and how to chuck a grenade into it before they get out of it) and the banks are always in the same place, so a team that has played quite a bit knows exactly where everything is going to go down and how to mop up all of the money in seconds and hit the banks before they even open. people who don't play it much are at a massive innate disadvantage against a team that knows the mode and levels front to back.

I've said it before, but something bounty hunt desperately needs is to put like 8 banks all over the map and have 2 open up at random when the time comes. Then they need to randomize where the bounties land so people can't just wait there for them before they even spawn.

That's why I think it's so good when you have 2 teams that know what they are doing. it becomes this head to head clash for money, and everyone is killing eachother and stealing bounties. The fact that everyone knows where everything is stops being an issue. Not knowing that stuff will put you at such a massive disadvantage that I think most people just quit before they learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Speaking of sweaty, I hit 10,000 laser shot kills last night.

Here's kill #10,000

http://i.imgur.com/9OzFVeS.gifv

Also here's a cool guy that doesn't crack under pressure

http://i.imgur.com/g9U0YHY.gifv

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 15, 2017

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
You should probably just use the Archer.

Also, every mode is a stomp in parties, it's not bounty hunt specific.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not to the degree that the score ends up being like 5000 to 200 on a regular basis. AT least the group I play with, we lose probably at least 30% of attrition matches.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I stopped playing Bounty Hunt, because its one of those modes where people find out the perfect strategies to get the most amount of AI dead in a short amount of time, so I usually end up with only like $200 compared to everyone else's immense sums of money on my team. So I just said, "Why bother"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Also here's a cool guy that doesn't crack under pressure

http://i.imgur.com/g9U0YHY.gifv

This is pure gold. That guy hashad balls of steel before you disintegrated them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

"Shoot first aim la......."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

I stopped playing Bounty Hunt, because its one of those modes where people find out the perfect strategies to get the most amount of AI dead in a short amount of time, so I usually end up with only like $200 compared to everyone else's immense sums of money on my team. So I just said, "Why bother"

I improved immensely when I switched to a phase/smoke grenade/ordinance expert loadout in bounty hunt. Make pilot turrets your boost, and maybe consider nuclear eject on whichever titan you pick so you can swoop in and grab titan bounties asap.

I still eat poo poo about half the time, but the other half I can almost carry a team of pubbies against a group of competent players.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ordinance expert is really good and very underutilized

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ordinance expert is really good and very underutilized

:yeah:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Ordnance Expert with Arc grenades is amazing because you'll literally throw one and the next will already be 60% recharged. Only takes something like 15 seconds for another to be ready so you can just run around stunning people from the air and then making GBS threads on them and be ready to do it again almost immediately. :w00t:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
When the L-star wasn't as good I would run ordinance expert and grab star. A new star every ten seconds for your laser balls

I keep the two star combo on my All Star loadout, but with quick regent instead of more grenades

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't know that you could customize controls completely and was using jumper pilot layout, now I jump with L1 and crouch with R3 (like CoD tactical's layout). I can jump, slide and aim at the same time wich is an improvement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's so obnoxious that continue campaign is the default at the start screen/ whoops I hit x guess I have to wait for this game to load for 5 minutes before being able to back out.

EnterTheFoo
Jul 3, 2007
I'm big down under.
I enjoy this game a lot and Ion is the best.Pew pew lasers. Now I'm just running through all the weapons. Wingman is the most fun because it makes you a space cowboy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

It's so obnoxious that continue campaign is the default at the start screen/ whoops I hit x guess I have to wait for this game to load for 5 minutes before being able to back out.

This is basically every game in the last decade.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Fuzz posted:

In most if not all of the CODs you could just have it boot straight to MP

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

It is a little obnoxious that the default start up is continue. Why not just a neutral menu? Oh wait :dice: decisions

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

EnterTheFoo posted:

I enjoy this game a lot and Ion is the best.Pew pew lasers. Now I'm just running through all the weapons. Wingman is the most fun because it makes you a space cowboy.

the ricochet is super fun and nailing somebody around a corner is a treat with this gun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Every MP game I have played in recent years boots to MP or doesn't load the campaign after the first button press. I have literally not had this happen in any other game.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I was gonna mock you guys for not noticing that they moved "Mission Select" to the front a couple months ago, eliminating the problem with accidentally hitting "Continue". But apparently they changed it back? What the actual gently caress Respawn?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Played a game last night that I'm pretty sure had hackers in it. Bounty hunt where my team lost by 4500 points. Two guys on their team had almost all of the points in the match, while the other guys just kept killing us. One guy in particular using an l-star genuinely never fired a shot that missed and kept looking exactly where either my teammates or I was, like spinning 180 degrees and snapping to me right after killing someone even though I hadn't taken a shot or anything.

I showed up in the top three at the end with like 200 points on the losing team. It was so lovely. Wish I had saved a replay.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/854060741858435072

Looks like Marvins are the new faction leader? :allears:

Still want that Vice Admiral Spyglass faction though. :colbert:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
https://youtu.be/CLObRbpVfEE

So we played a Pilots v. Pilots match and this thing happened where a goon is trapped in a well... Er, on top of a roof and he massacres the enemy without ever leaving his exposed position.

Also included: him being surrounded and the enemy whiffing multiple sniper and DMR shots.

Also: he cackles like a maniac.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Wazzit posted:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/854060741858435072

Looks like Marvins are the new faction leader? :allears:

Still want that Vice Admiral Spyglass faction though. :colbert:

:3: :allears:

I am disappoointed about the lack of Spyglass but that's adorable.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I hope this next patch undoes the random lag spikes I've been getting since the colony update. The game is drat near unplayable now with pings sitting at 60 randomly spiking to 200 for split seconds (instead of my usual steady 20)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hadn't tried the archer since the last patch until tonight and holy poo poo :lol: one thing always has to be op as hell I guess. Literally no point in using any other AT weapon anymore especially considering what a pos they turned the MGL and charge rifle into.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah, the Archer is OP. It was always powerful but now it homes like a motherfucker.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's seems like a logic failure that the archer actually locks on and fires in less time than the charge rifle takes just to charge and does more damage than any of the other AT weapons, and you don't even have to aim. Don't even get me started on how loving worthless the MGL is now. It does like no damage and you probably would build less titan meter landing every shot from a whole clip, than it takes to get one effortless shot from an archer.

Good job Respawn you went full Naughty Dog with that rebalance.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

So today I learned you can cancel Ion's laser shot with a titan melee. :doh:

:downs:

EnterTheFoo
Jul 3, 2007
I'm big down under.

Wazzit posted:

So today I learned you can cancel Ion's laser shot with a titan melee. :doh:

:downs:

No loving way.

Well. I feel dumb.

EnterTheFoo fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 18, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

Don't even get me started on how loving worthless the MGL is now. It does like no damage and you probably would build less titan meter landing every shot from a whole clip, than it takes to get one effortless shot from an archer.

Good job Respawn you went full Naughty Dog with that rebalance.

Wat. As far as I can tell from trawling through patchnotes, they didn't touch the MGL's damage or meter stats, they just made the projectiles slower and gave it a fuse. Which is good, as it was unequivocally the most effective AT weapon since you could fire it from complete safety. It's still probably the highest DPS of the bunch if you can land every hit. They also didn't change the Archer's damage profile, they just made it so that you can no longer dodge every missile by walking slowly to one side.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiuY3Ocwzo

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

:aaaaa:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

If that pilot tracker map is a constant thing during the match, I predict a lot of hilarious kills from that.

Also think it's kind of cool that you can grapple onto those little drone things in the new Live Fire map. Can you do that with the grunt dropships on regular maps, too?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

If that pilot tracker map is a constant thing during the match, I predict a lot of hilarious kills from that.

Also think it's kind of cool that you can grapple onto those little drone things in the new Live Fire map. Can you do that with the grunt dropships on regular maps, too?

Yup, but they're usually too high on most maps.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Oooh, that new map looks good. Shame they didn't go full War-games with the simulation pod intro. Would probably be tough with all the different factions, though.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I hope whoever does the trailers for this game gets paid all the money because god drat they've been killing it.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

New Frontier News Network Update

quote:

Today we are happy to reveal our next DLC drop called A Glitch in the Frontier, which we will be releasing on 4.25.2017!

Glitch Map
A medium-sized map designed for objective modes and inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet of Harmony. Vertical drops and long, twisting paths dominate the environment, perfect for chaining together long wall runs to seamlessly glide across the map

Deck Live Fire Map
Tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead. You may see a M.R.V.N. or two puttering around in the background…

M.R.V.N. Faction
Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
Update to the Main Menu
We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
Max Gen increase for Pilots
You will now be able to Gen to 100.
New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
http://i.imgur.com/zk8ZxWH.gifv

Live Fire mode added to Private Match options

New execution not as flashy as the last few, but I wonder if it comes with a free functional pulse?

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Wazzit posted:

New execution not as flashy as the last few, but I wonder if it comes with a free functional pulse?

The phase shift one doesn't make you invincible, so I doubt it.