Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
You're being purposefully obtuse. Amos looks in his space tv show similar to how Tyrol looked in his space tv show 10 years ago, not how he looks right now which nobody knows or cares about. That's like getting mad that Zachary Quinto looks nothing like Leonard Nimoy, because Nimoy is obviously like 50 years older and has wrinkles and poo poo while Quinto is much younger, completely different!

Anyways, am I the only one who was really disappointed in the noble savages belters going from rioting and fighting for their survival to suddenly bravely accepting theirs is a doomed fate, and even pushing Naomi back onto the ship? It was so hackneyed I almost expected them to start singing Nearer My God To Thee as they suffocated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yea you're the only one.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Peepin' on an Adam Savage in the finale.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I like to think that they've been through enough to know that if they riot they all die no matter what. So options are hope you're lucky and live, get stuck and pray for something else to come along, or riot and maybe get killed by someone else or die on the ship.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Cojawfee posted:

They look similar you troglodyte.

Sensitive are we? It was mostly a joke and Goons mistaking actors and actresses for completely different actors and actresses has been a running joke across this place for a very long time.

Anyway, I never said they didn't look similar.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I like to think that they've been through enough to know that if they riot they all die no matter what. So options are hope you're lucky and live, get stuck and pray for something else to come along, or riot and maybe get killed by someone else or die on the ship.

it was more the about face from savages to noble savages.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAdtjCvuHwM

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

counterfeitsaint posted:

You're being purposefully obtuse. Amos looks in his space tv show similar to how Tyrol looked in his space tv show 10 years ago, not how he looks right now which nobody knows or cares about. That's like getting mad that Zachary Quinto looks nothing like Leonard Nimoy, because Nimoy is obviously like 50 years older and has wrinkles and poo poo while Quinto is much younger, completely different!

I'm talking about the people who literally confused the two. Nothing else.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm Bobbie in the background storing snacks in my cheeks just in case.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Baronjutter posted:

I'm Bobbie in the background storing snacks in my cheeks just in case.

I'm the eyes that go 'Oh!'

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I just want more Expanse for more screen time of Bobbie and Avasarala being adorable and badass respectively. Preferably in the same shot.

BatHolden and Naomi can take a week off and just bang their problems out or something. Alex and Amos can float around the ship drunk. Gives us room for 44 minutes of Bobbie, Avasarala, and Cotyar.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I thought Holden was pretty good this episode, gently caress the haters.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

He does a fine job acting I just wish he would speak without gritting his teeth and with moving his lips more. Or just loving ADR the line if it's unintelligible. Especially if it's not a close-up for christ's sake.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Yeah...I've never had a problem understanding his dialogue through lovely TV speakers and without subtitles.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im swedish and i do not speak english as my native language and I can understand holden fine with no subtitles

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Look I realise I'm late to this, but if there's one actor that looks like Aaron Douglas it's the guy who played Frank Sabotka in The Wire.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Look I realise I'm late to this, but if there's one actor that looks like Aaron Douglas it's the guy who played Frank Sabotka in The Wire.

Same mannerisms, too. I want Amos to call somebody a shitbird.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

You're being purposefully obtuse. Amos looks in his space tv show similar to how Tyrol looked in his space tv show 10 years ago, not how he looks right now which nobody knows or cares about.

I can see it, Amos does look a bit like Tyrol in the first season/miniseries with the same staring intensity (before Aaron Douglas put on weight after his wife died of cancer in '04 :smith:)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Something I appreciated (that was really unusual because the show which usually glosses over stuff like this) was the deliberate shot of the random rear end Belter who was ONE place out of line from getting on the evac ship. :smith:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I didn't think the "we'll transfer 300 people to the (30ish capacity over some unknown time horizon) Rocinante in orbit to stretch our air out" proposal made any sense, but I hope the Solamnubist's captain was weeping not only out of relief in her rescue but because she realized her lack of faith in Holden's return doomed at least dozens of others who could have been saved if she'd said ok.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shohreh Aghdashloo is having so much fun. She gets the best dialogue.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I didn't think the "we'll transfer 300 people to the (30ish capacity over some unknown time horizon) Rocinante in orbit to stretch our air out" proposal made any sense, but I hope the Solamnubist's captain was weeping not only out of relief in her rescue but because she realized her lack of faith in Holden's return doomed at least dozens of others who could have been saved if she'd said ok.

I figured she was weeping because it was the first time she left orbit without her husband at her side. At least that's what I gathered from the exchange, when Naomi was ecstatic that they made it, and then looked at the captain and saw she was crying, and understood why.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I think she was just glad they got out of that death trap without dying and without being shot down by a Martian missile.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm just glad holden was able to foil dr. Robotnic's latest superweapon the "Egg Dome"

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I really like this show except for everything about protomolecules. Any chance they can rewrite and reissue new episodes without them?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

ORIGINAL CHARACTeR DO NOT STEAL!!1!

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
On Holden Naomi relied
The captain of the Solamnabist was snide
People died

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best part of that line was Bobby stuffing her face in the background

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

On Holden Naomi relied
The captain of the Solamnabist was snide
People died

Undersecretary Errinwright is collaborating with the military industrial complex to acquire alien weapons so he can annex mars! Wake up sheeple!!!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Strategic Tea posted:

Undersecretary Errinwright is collaborating with the military industrial complex to acquire alien weapons so he can annex mars! Wake up sheeple!!!

Blue goo can't melt steel beams

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Finndo posted:

I really like this show except for everything about protomolecules. Any chance they can rewrite and reissue new episodes without them?

Lmao stop watching now

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Smiling Jack posted:

Blue goo can't melt steel beams

Protogen took out new insurance on Eros just before it went dark

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

etalian posted:

the best part of that line was Bobby stuffing her face in the background

The characterization she's getting is great.

I'm glad they're taking her in a different direction than I expected. I thought the heavy-handed and naive jingoism was setting her up for a fall but it was setting her up for hard disillusionment to change her direction, and what she's been up to so far has been thoroughly entertaining

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Finndo posted:

You should probably just stick to watching the movie 2001.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want someone to look at me the way Bobbie looks at cucumber sandwiches.

Not a real spoiler: No vore, you sick gently caress.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Bobbie and Avasarala have both gotten incredibly better recently. I mean, Chrissie was already great but she's even better now, and Bobby has gone from "lovely caricature of a Marine" to "oh ok THERE'S the Bobby I know".

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Its a shame we gotta wait a year for them to wrap this up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Accretionist posted:

The characterization she's getting is great.

I'm glad they're taking her in a different direction than I expected. I thought the heavy-handed and naive jingoism was setting her up for a fall but it was setting her up for hard disillusionment to change her direction, and what she's been up to so far has been thoroughly entertaining

She got actual character development and even some funny moments after getting cut loose from the We hate earth military caricature platoon.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

etalian posted:

She got actual character development and even some funny moments after getting cut loose from the We hate earth military caricature platoon.

And coincidentally this coincided with where her plot starts up in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HERAK posted:

And coincidentally this coincided with where her plot starts up in the books.

Pretty much intentional I imagine especially showing how getting thrown under the bus was the life changing incident that brought her close to cucumber sandwiches.

• Locked thread