Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know anything about that stuff, is that a big difference compared to a PS4

What about gaming PCs
It's an absurd amount of RAM, but devkits always have more so that they can load debug and analysis stuff alongside the game being tested.

The retail unit will have 12GB GDDR5 (four more than the PS4 family).

Ultimately though, specs don't matter a huge amount compared to what is done with them. I'm curious to see Microsoft's E3 lineup this year... and even more curious to see how much of it is out three years later. They kind of have some bad habits to break there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza Motorsport 7 is at least guaranteed, an early build of the game was recently shown off to DigitalFoundry. That build was playing at native 4K and 60FPS. Otherwise Microsoft currently has nothing known in the pipeline, so hopefully they are just keeping it all a secret until E3. I hope Halo 6 is announced at least.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It means exclusives will be loving gorgeous, but sadly there aren't that many of those. The GPU power is more relevant for running crossplatform releases (it doesn't disappoint there either though tbf)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Wtf, King Knight isn't the King...

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/852648787755401217

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Forza Motorsport 7 is at least guaranteed, an early build of the game was recently shown off to DigitalFoundry. That build was playing at native 4K and 60FPS. Otherwise Microsoft currently has nothing known in the pipeline, so hopefully they are just keeping it all a secret until E3. I hope Halo 6 is announced at least.
The demo they showed (basically a lot of AI cars going around a track in the rain with fancy evening lights) was based on Forza 6, IIRC. They spent like two days putting the demo together, and it was running at like 4k 60fps without breaking too much of a sweat until they cranked the graphical settings up to a little past the PC version's Ultra settings (Basically they turned LOD off so every car was the highest-detail version. No retail game will do this, because it's a stupid waste of system resources, but when you're swinging your dick around...)

corn in the bible posted:

It means exclusives will be loving gorgeous, but sadly there aren't that many of those. The GPU power is more relevant for running crossplatform releases (it doesn't disappoint there either though tbf)
Microsoft's gambit this time around seems to be trying for "the best version" of multiplatform games, figuring that hey, everyone else is already handily juggling versions for PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, original recipe Xbone and Switch, what's another build/set of visual setting presets on top of that?

Whether that works out beyond just having more dots on the screen faster is really gonna depend on how much money they throw at publishers and indies, and between Sony having a pretty big head-start in that area and Nintendo both being a lot friendlier towards indies this time around and selling more units than the Bible, it's going to be an interesting watch.

I like watching system holders react to being on the back-foot. They come up with interesting solutions.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 16, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

Wtf, King Knight isn't the King...

well duh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/mvlls/status/852933854990000128

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLL4XcFU4FI&t=3138s

Do any of you know what this song is that he's playing at this time? I swear I've heard it but I can't remember where. Thanks in advance if you know!

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I've just started playing Brigador, so I'm terrible at it but I already love it to pieces.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scorpio looks pretty ugly, actually.

I thought Brawl in the Family ended

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Joe Gillian posted:

I've just started playing Brigador, so I'm terrible at it but I already love it to pieces.

Good. Good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's a dev unit, I don't think the final consumer case has been shown off yet. It also looks like a render.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody is having a good day today, whether you're celebrating easter or not :)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope everybody is having a good day today, whether you're celebrating easter or not :)

I don't know whether there's much beyond celebrating easter outside of chocolate eggs and going to church in North America, but that does remind me that it's a really big deal in parts of Europe, Austria at least. It's like a mini-Christmas over there. Gifts and toys for the kids and big family lunches with tonnes of food.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lizard Wizard posted:

I thought Brawl in the Family ended

It ended? Aw, it was cute.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lizard Wizard posted:

I wanted to play Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin with my DS4 but something is incredibly hosed with the Dark Souls games on PC because the buttons are all wrong and I can't stop the camera from spinning. Might just get the PS4 version at this rate.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Aha, I fixed it. Turns out I had to close Steam before doing that, thanks a bunch!

Just so you, and anyone else reading, know: the reason this happened is that steam added their own support for the DS4. It's kinda janky support though, done through the same system that the steam controller uses. But if you also have DS4windows running, you get 2 copies of the controller in effect. Both steam and DS4win work by making a fake virtual controller based on the real one, but if they duplicate then you get crazy inputs.

Easiest option is to do as you did, make sure ds4win is running & connected first because it can hide the "real" controller from steam. But it's not a bad idea to just disable steam's DS4 support -- it's not as good as DS4windows anyways. Go into steam big picture mode -> settings gear -> controller settings -> uncheck PS4 support. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

DS4 on PC is just the dumbest thing, and contrary to most people saying it's Sony's fault because "why don't they just make a proper driver", it's a lot more complicated and dumb. Microsoft is as much to blame as anyone else for making xinput the way they did. And valve could have done more to solve things, but being valve they got distracted by the new shiny and forgot about controllers entirely. Everyone sucks.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mordja posted:

I don't know whether there's much beyond celebrating easter outside of chocolate eggs and going to church in North America, but that does remind me that it's a really big deal in parts of Europe, Austria at least. It's like a mini-Christmas over there. Gifts and toys for the kids and big family lunches with tonnes of food.

I got my son homemade chocolate covered marshmellows. They are so drat good.

In previous years he got things like a bicycle, so hopefully he's not too disappointed by this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

I know some families over here do gift giving stuff but for now I'm just relaxing with my fiancee's friend's family for their easter stuff. We're watching Moana at the moment. I've never seen it before but I'm not really paying it too much attention to be honest, was just gonna sit here like a shitlord browsing the forums lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What's your favorite Easter eggs in games?

I liked all the hidden things you could see in MGS3 if you held R1 during the right moments in cutscenes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Three bosses into Ys Origin Hugo Nightmare mode, it seems doable but not much fun :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

I liked all the hidden things you could see in MGS3 if you held R1 during the right moments in cutscenes.

Not sure if it counts as an Easter Egg but I'll never get over wtfing at Psycho Mantis telling me I liked Castlevania.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the easter eggs in talos principle like the floppy disk you can find that lets you look at some pics of kitties

e: also the easter egg in monkey island where you can let guybrush die

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Not sure if it counts as an Easter Egg but I'll never get over wtfing at Psycho Mantis telling me I liked Castlevania.

That's more of an afikoman imo

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I don't know if it counts as an easter egg but I like telling people to shoot the fishes in RE4 (before you get into the boat) for a cool item. :unsmigghh:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GUI posted:

I don't know if it counts as an easter egg but I like telling people to shoot the fishes in RE4 (before you get into the boat) for a cool item. :unsmigghh:
I didn't even know about it until there was a Trophy/Achievement for it, so I think that counts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GUI posted:

Get those golden eggs bro

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

FirstAidKite posted:

Celebrating with my mom. Going to get pizza from the last Vincenzo's in the valley and maybe watch some Macross.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"Carving messages with a bird is called tweeting" ughhhhhhhh did not think that was a good joke to hear in Moana

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished the dead cells beta, it's cool. took forever to finally have the good run and beat the boss though. apparently there's more enemy types in the time attack mode but i'm cool with stopping my effort there and marking it as beaten

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I know some families over here do gift giving stuff but for now I'm just relaxing with my fiancee's friend's family for their easter stuff. We're watching Moana at the moment. I've never seen it before but I'm not really paying it too much attention to be honest, was just gonna sit here like a shitlord browsing the forums lol

Moana owns pretty hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ashley Riot is a really good video game protagonist name

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

tap my mountain posted:

The Grunt Birthday Party skull in the Halo games. It makes every headshot kill spray a burst of confetti and a crowd of children shout yayyyyyyy

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Nina posted:

I wanna like Gravity Rush 2 because it's a cute, pretty game but I just don't. It's aggravating because the first game deserved a sequel that would've polished everything that worked and cut what didn't but instead their approach was just "Let's make it way bigger and longer but still just as jank if not more"

Same here.

I got about 7 or 8 hours in not really feeling strongly either way about it and then hit a couple of parts where a combination of the lovely camera and wonky controls started giving me a headache from the frustration.

It just dawned on me then that I really wasn't enjoying it at all and I gave up on it :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Moana was way better than I expected, I thought it couldn't end without Maui saving the day, but it really is Moana's movie from start to finish

I'm surprised I liked a couple of the songs, i usually don't care for musicals or songs in Disney movies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

We could use another Vagrant Story.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

Ashley Riot is a really good video game protagonist name

It sounds like exactly the kind of name you would expect in a JRPG character.

What was with male JRPG protagonists named Ashley around that time anyway? Aside from Vagrant Story I know there was an Ashley in Wild Arms 2 and at least one other.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just replayed a little bit of Bayonetta today and finally got my first Pure Platinum trophy! It took me plenty of retries but it felt drat good earning it. Now I want to start getting all of them but I haven't really upgraded yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The chain battle system is really really cool and I can't wait to see all the different abilities you can get

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't someone asking about the Lego Avengers game a couple days ago?

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmQ50vIIoQc

• Locked thread