Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

So it looks like Calgary may be the first Canadian team to...

Flame out.

:dadjoke:

That's surprising, I expected toronto to be the first to.....

Leaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

Leafs/Caps was suuuuuper close last night and I felt like the caps were the more dangerous team when they had possession

Yea it's a little concerning how many open looks they had in the slot. I didn't even really realize until they compiled them all into a clip package and they were numerous. Andersen was great. Caps are not playing bad and will probably still win the series. Closer than I initially thought though.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

You can tell who the playoff posters are when people start blaming things on Toronto's awful goaltending. Andersen's been great all year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Call Your Grandma posted:

You can tell who the playoff posters are when people start blaming things on Toronto's awful goaltending. Andersen's been great all year.

He started out really poorly, actually. And at least one of the goals he let in during Game 1 was soft as gently caress (the first one wasn't his fault, though).

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So, are there any places in Montreal where I can watch the Ranger game tonight and not be stabbed?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He started out really poorly, actually. And at least one of the goals he let in during Game 1 was soft as gently caress (the first one wasn't his fault, though).

The ot goal in game 1 was lol

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I've said it before but it's worth repeating, Andersen will have games where he's playing amazing and humming along and then he has an insanely weird brain fart and let's in a bizarre-type bad goal and it's really weird. He'd be a great goalie if he could somehow fix that in his game. Clearly a mental lapse thing. Game one he was really solid other than those two big mistakes.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 16, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

OldSenileGuy posted:

So, are there any places in Montreal where I can watch the Ranger game tonight and not be stabbed?

Not if you call it 'the Ranger game'

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

due to a miscommunication between myself and my dad, he thought I was going to go to my wife's family's Easter today and sold the Blues tickets for this afternoon.

woops.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

e: drat, too man tabs open

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Call Your Grandma posted:

He's arguably the worst goalie in these playoffs though. It's between him, Elliott, and Allen. And I guess MAF, but he's not supposed to be playing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

bub spank posted:

He's arguably the worst goalie in these playoffs though. It's between him, Elliott, and Allen. And I guess MAF, but he's not supposed to be playing.

Allen's good when he's good and bad when he's bad.

that sounds dumb but it's really true with him.

Also you're forgetting a certain corvid.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I didn't watch game 2 but Allen was pretty drat good in game 1.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

zegermans posted:

due to a miscommunication between myself and my dad, he thought I was going to go to my wife's family's Easter today and sold the Blues tickets for this afternoon.

woops.

It's for the best. If they win it's because you weren't there

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bub spank posted:

It sure looks like the worst goalie is actually Crawford.

(It's Elliott)

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

First Leafs playoff OT goal since Travis Green in game 6 against Philly in 2003.

e: Kasperi Kapanen scored for Toronto. When Green scored, Sami Kapanen was on the Flyers bench.

Michael Nylander was eliminated from those same playoffs the night earlier, as his Washington Capitals lost to Tampa in triple OT.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Martin Jones and his wide open five hole would like to be added to the list of worst goaler.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm going to a religious event today with 19,000 others, most of similar faiths.

Whether it will be a resurrection or a crucifixion, I don't know. :shepicide:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm going to a religious event today with 19,000 others, most of similar faiths.

Go jackets man. I mean gently caress the Pens but mostly go Jackets

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Any decent looking bar will have it.

Also loving finally

https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/status/853632695645216770

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
My playoff rage is sated... for now....

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Am I happy the Caps lost? Of course not, but winning 4 in a row is not easy, especially in the playoffs. I still think they had the better play for the most part and if they keep it up they should win the series. Besides, overtime losses on Easter eve are kind of a thing.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

DuhSal posted:

I've said it before but it's worth repeating, Andersen will have games where he's playing amazing and humming along and then he has an insanely weird brain fart and let's in a bizarre-type bad goal and it's really weird. He'd be a great goalie if he could somehow fix that in his game. Clearly a mental lapse thing. Game one he was really solid other than those two big mistakes.

I put that down to fatigue from constantly having to deal with his lovely, lovely defensemen.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I wonder if the Hawks will start Darling tomorrow night? Crawford was a dumpster fire last night. Remember how Darling was like kryptonite to the Preds two years ago?

Of course, that was also the season where the Preds were #1 in the League in January and then lost almost every remaining game because they suddenly forgot how to score goals. That was the worst.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

"I have become Death, Destroyer of Necks" - Matt Calvert

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I guess alcoholics anonymous is technically a religious event. :smug:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen is a league-average starter in his career and isn't very young, I don't understand the weird insistence that he's secretly a top goalie in the league. If another goalie in this market let that OT goal from game 1 in he'd be getting crucified.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He was good last night when Washington was pressing super hard, but every shot was a bit of an adventure. Didn't feel comfortable watching him. He's good but when he lets in bad goals it's not shocking.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bizarre deformity posted:

I wonder if the Hawks will start Darling tomorrow night? Crawford was a dumpster fire last night. Remember how Darling was like kryptonite to the Preds two years ago?

Of course, that was also the season where the Preds were #1 in the League in January and then lost almost every remaining game because they suddenly forgot how to score goals. That was the worst.

What? Crawford is playing fine.

You don't blame your goalie when your forwards get shut out for two games.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If crawford didn't let a single goal in, game 1 would still be going. 122nd OT.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No goalie played well when you gave up 5, even if it was a 10-5 win.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

bub spank posted:

MAF has 375 career wins and 2 cups.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

No goalie played well when you gave up 5, even if it was a 10-5 win.

Grant Fuhr is in the freaking hall of fame!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
N: Karlsson finally is equal to Alfie

V: Still will be robbed of the Norris.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

MAF has 375 career wins and 2 cups.

Chris Osgood has 401 wins and 3 cups, nobody would confuse him for a good goalie. In fact, that's basically what Fleury is: a present-day Osgood.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Loqieu posted:

The Flames were done in by a lucky deflection tonight, however they haven't looked good against the Ducks so far at all. Maybe it changes once they get home, especially since they're a young team, but eventually they need to win in Anaheim. Stinks since they liked so good going into the postseason.

The Flames need a bounce, or a break, or for something to just go right without having to scratch and claw for it. How many of the Ducks' goals have deflected in off of Flames defenders?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

xzzy posted:

What? Crawford is playing fine.

You don't blame your goalie when your forwards get shut out for two games.

He was fine game 1 but five goals and .828 SV% is the opposite of fine.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Chris Osgood has 401 wins and 3 cups, nobody would confuse him for a good goalie. In fact, that's basically what Fleury is: a present-day Osgood.

I know. There's a difference between a good goalie, and a great goalie like Osgood.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

bub spank posted:

Not really though

E: and against the best offence in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

bub spank posted:

Ya this statement is bad and wrong. Especially considering how well he played last night. He kept the leafs alive several times.

Officiating for the Leafs - Caps games have been horrendous. It's different then regular playoff officiating because they start off calling the game super tight. And then arbitrarily put the whistles away sometime between the 40-50 minute mark in the game. I really don't care if they call things or don't (provided it doesn't make the game too dangerous for the players). I just want consistency.

• Locked thread