Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

And there we go, another Dragons game over with. Good to see Ollie Griffiths pick up a MotM award, a good player in a really awful side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

goatface posted:

Good god this game is a rough watch.

That game was the 2000 Australia - New Zealand game in comparison to the "rugby" Edinburgh just played against Treviso.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Actual photos will have to wait till tomorrow, but I have some excellent photos of Tyma being sad about the Ospreys. Overall a good day of rugby (mostly because I see very little love rugby) only spoiled by a lack of Rhys Priestland.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
So Warburton is tipped for Lions captain. I approve of this; the Lions will of course need a Genuine Seven to captain, as no teams can beat NZ without a Genuine Seven.

Even better, fielding Tipuric in the same 15 will mean that the Lions will thrash NZ as there will be two Genuine Sevens against NZ's one.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Plucky Brit posted:

So Warburton is tipped for Lions captain. I approve of this; the Lions will of course need a Genuine Seven to captain, as no teams can beat NZ without a Genuine Seven.

Even better, fielding Tipuric in the same 15 will mean that the Lions will thrash NZ as there will be two Genuine Sevens against NZ's one.

Change that to Beauden Barrett and they might have a point.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Caefphilly vs Shane Williams is on
http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/c_live.shtml

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tyma posted:

Caefphilly vs Shane Williams is on
http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/c_live.shtml

Finally Shane Williams has done something with his career.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Canada won the Singapore 7s somehow

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, Bath have managed to lose to Worcester, completely undoing all the good work we did last week and basically torpedoing our playoffs chances.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Lions Squad Announcement is at Wednesday 12pm GMT

Current Captain Odds :
Sam Warburton (2/5)
Alun-Wun Jones (4/1)
Owen Farrell (6/1)
Rory Best (9/1)

Comedy Options :
Dan Biggar (200/1)
Mike Brown (200/1)
Greig Laidlaw (200/1)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Owen Farrell! What the gently caress

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're not gonna pick Dylan, but they have to have an English name in the hat.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
May be worth picking a captain who has at least beaten NZ previously.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Owen Farrell! What the gently caress

Farrell's a very good bet. He has a history of philanthropy and charity work, can speak well in-front of a camera, and will almost certainly start in all of the test matches and the game against The Crusaders.

I don't know what Gatland see's in Warburton, but I'd back Farrell.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently Joe Launchbury and Jonathan Joseph are expected to miss out on Lions selection.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39624348

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're well contested positions, so it's not that surprising.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The number of really good locks is at an all-time high right now but I'm surprised Launchbury might not go, he was one of the players of the 6N for me.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Hot take: Locks that aren't going but should plan a holiday near NZ, in no particular order -

Jonny Gray
Richie Gray
Joe Launchbury
Donnacha Ryan

It's mind blowing to think those guys probably won't even make it on the plane when they would start in most T1 international teams.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

goatface posted:

They're well contested positions, so it's not that surprising.

Most people had JJ pegged as test centre so it kindof is. Bbc says Teo and Davies will go instead of JJ. it's a sign we're going full Warrenball.

I wonder who leaked this, though...

bigfoot again fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 18, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Let's put it this way: Joseph is rated far higher here than the other options.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Team hasn't been picked yet and I'm already angry for real

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It sounds like hes picking a team based on form before the 6 Nations, Joseph wasn't doing great then. It was really the Scotland match that he actually performed. I did think Launchbury was a shoe-in to at least tour though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can sort of understand that Joseph is smaller than a lot of the other options and it's a possibly legitimate concern that he just get run over by the ABs.

Not sure that justifies not taking him at all.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

His defence is rock-solid though. There's a perception he's not always motivated but I think it's pretty dubious.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The worst selection was Gatland himself.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
I think there's easy money to be made betting on NZ winning every game by more than 10 points.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mister Chief posted:

The worst selection was Gatland himself.

This is why I think it's not surprising. Gatland exists in his own world, only occasionally coincident with everyone else's. He's probably going to leave behind some really good people because he remembers them doing a stupid thing 6 months ago.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ...t-shocking.html

Sky are reporting that Jamie Roberts is going to make it into the squad.

Guess we're going full Warrenball folks. loving :lol:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

:toxx: If the Lions win the test series, I'm keeping this loving avatar until the conclusion of the 2018 Super Rugby season.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

:toxx: If the Lions win the test series, I'm keeping this loving avatar until the conclusion of the 2018 Super Rugby season.

Why wouldn't you want to keep the masterpiece that Tyma made for you forever?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Why wouldn't you want to keep the masterpiece that Tyma made for you forever?

Needs more Haskell.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I'll :toxx: for if the Lions win a single test, I'll take whatever horrible Northern Hemisphere based avatar you folks can dream up.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I'll :toxx: for if the Lions win a single test, I'll take whatever horrible Northern Hemisphere based avatar you folks can dream up.

Forever?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I've gone this long without getting an avatar. If I'm forced to shell out for one, I'll be too cheap to change it again.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
I tentatively predict that the 3rd game will be the decider but thats hardly enough to :toxx: over.

I'll think of something.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tests 2 and 3 will be played at Eden Park. The All Blacks haven't lost there since 1994. In fact Warren Gatland was still playing back then.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I am so cross

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
If the Lions end any game within a score of NZ I will get an avatar extolling the virtues of Rob Howley as an attacking coach. :toxx:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Garlands coaching staff are at the press event, being photographed with a kitted out Warburton, so he's definitely captain :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tyma posted:

Garlands coaching staff are at the press event, being photographed with a kitted out Warburton, so he's definitely captain :(

Yep!

https://twitter.com/AlexMLowe/status/854613896686170112