Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MrLogan posted:

You could just get him at 12 and not trade away draft picks.

I don't think he will be there. I don't think he is worth the trade up, but if that is the guy they want, and this includes thinking he is better than Wentz last year, they should get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MrLogan posted:

You could just get him at 12 and not trade away draft picks.

Entirely possible the Jets take a QB at 6 or the Bills pick someone up as a developmental if they're believers between 5-11. The Bills FO seems continually torn on their opinion on Tyrod. The 12th pick is the biggest question mark for the Browns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers tier is probably

Tier 1: thomas, fournette, Adams

Tier 2: mccaffery, Howard

Apparently Henry was the pick last year until Vernon slipped.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Michael Corleone posted:

I don't think he will be there. I don't think he is worth the trade up, but if that is the guy they want, and this includes thinking he is better than Wentz last year, they should get him.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Entirely possible the Jets take a QB at 6 or the Bills pick someone up as a developmental if they're believers between 5-11. The Bills FO seems continually torn on their opinion on Tyrod. The 12th pick is the biggest question mark for the Browns.
If the Browns think the Jets want one of the QBs, the best thing they could do is trade down to #6.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MrLogan posted:

If the Browns think the Jets want one of the QBs, the best thing they could do is trade down to #6.
I guess the one thing we don't know is which teams value which QB? The press seems to have latched onto Trubisky as the #1 QB, but it's possible the Jets/Bills/Browns/whoever disagree.
Mostly, I'm just hoping the Bills don't take a QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills are pretty hard to read this year. I think there's a pretty real chance that they take Pat Mahomes in the first.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As someone who would like Mike Williams to be a Raven I think that's a fine idea.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers tier is probably

Tier 1: thomas, fournette, Adams

Tier 2: mccaffery, Howard

Apparently Henry was the pick last year until Vernon slipped.

I think they would be happy if Hooker fell to them. After moving Coleman into the box they lacked a playmaker in coverage. Hooker would be a good fit and fill a huge need.

Same with Lattimore or one of the other highly touted corners. I know we are high on Bradberry and but Worley/Munnerlyn is serviceable at best and a 1-2 year stopgap.

Right now we are hoping that Trubisky goes in the top 7 and someone falls in love with the corners though, because there is a real possibility that our top 5-6 guys could all be gone before we pick unless some guys slide ahead of them.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 16, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every mock draft in the world has the Seahawks taking Kevin King, which I'd be cool with.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ClevTA/status/853895589255401472

lol

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hey it's really hard to keep track of 33 whole names!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If the Jets take a QB at 6 that is just a blatant cry that they have no idea what they are doing whatsoever.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets take a QB at 6 that is just a blatant cry that they have no idea what they are doing whatsoever.
I can't figure out their play here to be blowing so much smoke about QBs, especially when they're generally pretty secretive. Do they want Cleveland or Buffalo to trade up to 5 for Trubisky? How would they benefit from that unless they think it'll cause a player they want (Adams?) to slip to 6?

I have zero idea where they're going. Safety seems like a good bet if Adams is there. Fournette and OJ Howard could be intriguing, if a bit of an overdraft at 6. I could see them wanting Charles Harris or Hassan Reddick if they manage to drop back a bit. poo poo, they might actually draft Trubisky as well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can't figure out their play here to be blowing so much smoke about QBs, especially when they're generally pretty secretive. Do they want Cleveland or Buffalo to trade up to 5 for Trubisky? How would they benefit from that unless they think it'll cause a player they want (Adams?) to slip to 6?

I have zero idea where they're going. Safety seems like a good bet if Adams is there. Fournette and OJ Howard could be intriguing, if a bit of an overdraft at 6. I could see them wanting Charles Harris or Hassan Reddick if they manage to drop back a bit. poo poo, they might actually draft Trubisky as well.

Well considering I completely lost all faith in McCagnin after he drafted Hackenberg in the loving 2nd round, any or all or none of those things can be possible. I don't believe they have a coherent plan or would be able to execute said plan if they had one.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

His plan is to draft a QB every year until they find a decent one, no we don't need to make sure they aren't terrible before we spend high draft capital on them.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Hackenburg was the most obviously stupid QB pick I can remember. He looked like outright poo poo while playing cupcakes in college.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sean10mm posted:

Hackenburg was the most obviously stupid QB pick I can remember. He looked like outright poo poo while playing cupcakes in college.

Uhhh hard to top Brandon Weeden. 28 year old rookie with a history of arm problems.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Hackenburg was the most obviously stupid QB pick I can remember.

*ahem*

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Uhhh hard to top Brandon Weeden. 28 year old rookie with a history of arm problems.

At least weeden was good at okst

E: also ej Manuel is still the dumbest pick

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

He's still won more playoff games than Stafford

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

There's been hilariously questionable QBs picked in round 1 though so...

Tebow
Ponder
Weeden
Manuel
Manziel?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Carson Wentz

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alaois posted:

Carson Wentz

Cool hot take, aren't you a Texans fan too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diqnol posted:

Cool hot take, aren't you a Texans fan too

1.) carson wentz had a worse rookie season than ej manuel

2.) lmao no, i'm barely even a football fan anymore

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

At least weeden was good at okst

E: also ej Manuel is still the dumbest pick

Vince Young

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alaois posted:

1.) carson wentz had a worse rookie season than ej manuel

2.) lmao no, i'm barely even a football fan anymore

62% comp rate, 3782 yds, 16 td, 14 int vs 58.8% comp rate, 1972 passing yards, 11 td, 9 int. Manuel had similarly bullshit receivers but instead of the travesty of a run game Wentz had last year (incidentally forcing him to throw far, far, far more than he should have had to), Manuel had Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller combining for 2300 yards from scrimmage as both of them could catch, too. I think before you talk poo poo about Wentz you should see what he does this year.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I'm amazed at what Wentz managed to get out of one of the worst receiver groups I've ever seen with Philadelphia. Especially when all we heard at the start was how he wasn't NFL ready and had to sit for a year. Goff was supposed to be the one who was all set to go. Actually pretty excited to see what he does this year with Alshon on the team and a couple of other upgrades.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Patron posted:

I'm amazed at what Wentz managed to get out of one of the worst receiver groups I've ever seen with Philadelphia. Especially when all we heard at the start was how he wasn't NFL ready and had to sit for a year. Goff was supposed to be the one who was all set to go. Actually pretty excited to see what he does this year with Alshon on the team and a couple of other upgrades.

Hint; he's still gonna be bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

His plan is to draft a QB every year until they find a decent one, no we don't need to make sure they aren't terrible before we spend high draft capital on them.

That is a poo poo plan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Vince Young

Is elite

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Vince Young could have been great on a better organization.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

Is elite

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Kyle Boller was a first round pick.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's been hilariously questionable QBs picked in round 1 though so...

Tebow
Ponder
Weeden
Manuel
Manziel?

Yeah, but most of those guys were at least good college players. Their games didn't translate to the pros, absolutely, but Hack was outright lovely IN COLLEGE. Like, E.J. Manuel was MASSIVELY better as a college QB than Hack.

Christian Ponder is probably the closest, his college production was extremely :effort: and he went higher than Hackenberg. But Hackenberg was still substantively worse than Ponder as a college player.

e: Behold, the poo poo that is Hackenberg:

code:
Year	School	        Conf	Class	Pos	G	Cmp	Att	Pct	Yds	Y/A	AY/A	TD	Int
*2015	Penn State	Big Ten	JR	QB	13	192	359	53.5	2525	7.0	7.2	16	6	
College players have artificially inflated stats, lol.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 17, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Vince Young could have been great on a better organization.

I don't know about great but certainly going to a non-Jeff Fisher team would have been better.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

spanky69 posted:

We don't talk about that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

spanky69 posted:

He threw 12 more touchdowns his senior year than Hack did. :laugh:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Manuel was bad but at least the Bills traded down for him and didn't force him to start for three years (no matter how much Whaley may have tried).

Off the top of my head, Gabbert, Ponder, Goff, Manziel, and probably Bortles were all worse picks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

e: Behold, the poo poo that is Hackenberg:

code:
Year	School	        Conf	Class	Pos	G	Cmp	Att	Pct	Yds	Y/A	AY/A	TD	Int
*2015	Penn State	Big Ten	JR	QB	13	192	359	53.5	2525	7.0	7.2	16	6	
College players have artificially inflated stats, lol.
Know who else had poo poo college stats? :smugdog:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brett-favre-1.html

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Manuel was bad but at least the Bills traded down for him and didn't force him to start for three years (no matter how much Whaley may have tried).

Off the top of my head, Gabbert, Ponder, Goff, Manziel, and probably Bortles were all worse picks.

I dunno if Bortles really deserves to be in the "abject disaster" category. I mean, he's not good, but he's not out of the loving league after 8 starts like Manziel.

• Locked thread