Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

"Carving messages with a bird is called tweeting" ughhhhhhhh did not think that was a good joke to hear in Moana
Moana is a good movie and it's a dumb, goofy throwaway joke, I got a chuckle out of it

raditts posted:

Moana owns pretty hard.
Yeah not actually watching moana and posting midmovie makes FAK a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I saw beauty and the beast and outside of having about 4 more musical numbers than it needed to, it was a great adaptation of the animated version and the various transformed cast were fantastic especially lumiere and cogsworth

The changes to how Gaston is portrayed are great too, although the animated musical numbers were better than the live action versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Pro tip: it's a good idea to have a dedicated dragon-killing weapon, because the game likes to surprise you with boss dragons and your normal weapon will probably build up a disadvantage to them since they're rare

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Moana is okay. The music was good but it felt a little light.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Moana was OK but it almost felt like Maui was a holdover from an older, different, better movie they were too in love with to get rid of. I would have much rather had a movie about him and Jemaine Clement Bowie Crab feuding their way through pacific islander mythology than yet another movie about a spunky young woman with cute animal sidekicks finding her place in the world.

Zootopia was one of their best movies ever though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I know some families over here do gift giving stuff but for now I'm just relaxing with my fiancee's friend's family for their easter stuff. We're watching Moana at the moment. I've never seen it before but I'm not really paying it too much attention to be honest, was just gonna sit here like a shitlord browsing the forums lol

Please pay attention when the giant crab in on screen

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I saw beauty and the beast and outside of having about 4 more musical numbers than it needed to, it was a great adaptation of the animated version and the various transformed cast were fantastic especially lumiere and cogsworth

The changes to how Gaston is portrayed are great too, although the animated musical numbers were better than the live action versions

Counterpoint: it sucks and I'm already dreading live action lion king (unless an executive goes crazy and let's them make something like the Broadway show)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

Please pay attention when the giant crab in on screen

I saw him but I'm just kinda like "eh"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We could use another Vagrant Story.

The only tweak needed is to not make crafting take ten minutes just to access your stash.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Moana was OK but it almost felt like Maui was a holdover from an older, different, better movie they were too in love with to get rid of. I would have much rather had a movie about him and Jemaine Clement Bowie Crab feuding their way through pacific islander mythology than yet another movie about a spunky young woman with cute animal sidekicks finding her place in the world.

Zootopia was one of their best movies ever though.

Wait that wasn't Tim Curry?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Can't believe in seeing faux David Bowie crab hate on this most sacred of days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The only tweak needed is to not make crafting take ten minutes just to access your stash.

Using an item taking one millions year is getting on my nerves already but everything else I love.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

Just so you, and anyone else reading, know: the reason this happened is that steam added their own support for the DS4. It's kinda janky support though, done through the same system that the steam controller uses. But if you also have DS4windows running, you get 2 copies of the controller in effect. Both steam and DS4win work by making a fake virtual controller based on the real one, but if they duplicate then you get crazy inputs.

Easiest option is to do as you did, make sure ds4win is running & connected first because it can hide the "real" controller from steam. But it's not a bad idea to just disable steam's DS4 support -- it's not as good as DS4windows anyways. Go into steam big picture mode -> settings gear -> controller settings -> uncheck PS4 support. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

DS4 on PC is just the dumbest thing, and contrary to most people saying it's Sony's fault because "why don't they just make a proper driver", it's a lot more complicated and dumb. Microsoft is as much to blame as anyone else for making xinput the way they did. And valve could have done more to solve things, but being valve they got distracted by the new shiny and forgot about controllers entirely. Everyone sucks.

That reminds me, is the steam controller any good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ehh

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Grapplejack posted:

Wait that wasn't Tim Curry?

Tim Curry is in no condition to work anymore.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Steam Controller is the one dumb impulse purchase I regret. If you're the crazy kinda guy who has a Steam link and wants to fiddle everything to play Civ 6 on their big screen whilst sitting on the couch then you probably have better methods to do that, and if not then what the hell are you doing with a Steam Controller?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Moana owns and there needs to be a Moana/Lilo & Stitch crossover.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLL4XcFU4FI&t=3138s

Do any of you know what this song is that he's playing at this time? I swear I've heard it but I can't remember where. Thanks in advance if you know!

Seems to be "door creaks compilation 6"

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Nope. Nuh uh. Not even a little bit. I hate it, is what I'm trying to say.

Steam Link + Xbox controller is good, though. (The latest revision of Xbox One controllers are Bluetooth-capable, so they can pair right to a Steam Link with no dongle needed.)

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I'm 87 Pagies into Yooka-Laylee. I'm probably enjoying it more than the average person, but it's definitely worth the Kickstarter price I paid.

It's basically a BK game with more noticeable design flaws, slightly too big worlds (unlike most reviewers, I actually think the quill placement makes it manageable though), inconsistent rules and less charming NPCs. Good, but not great.

A probably more damning statement is that halfway through the game I had already decided I would not go for 100% since it seems like no good can come from that.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't have one, but it seems to have a really big love it or hate it thing going on. It felt like the majority opinion was like, "it's not as good as a normal controller for normal controller games, but you can play Civ from your couch so I guess it has a purpose?"

But some people really liked it and adapted to the weird trackpad-as-stick controls really well.

But even if you might be one of the people that would love it, I'd still be a bit skeptical because Valve has ADD and hasn't done anything with it since. No steam controller 2, no continued push for more integration with games, they put it out and moved on to the next thing. It it gonna be supported for the long term as is, or will they just forget about it at some point?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The shoulder buttons on the steam pad are hilariously bad from the time i held one 2 years ago or whatever

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

There's pretty much no reason to not have an xbone controller for PC gaming ever since they started making the ones with Bluetooth.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mumbling posted:

I'm 87 Pagies into Yooka-Laylee. I'm probably enjoying it more than the average person, but it's definitely worth the Kickstarter price I paid.

It's basically a BK game with more noticeable design flaws, slightly too big worlds (unlike most reviewers, I actually think the quill placement makes it manageable though), inconsistent rules and less charming NPCs. Good, but not great.

A probably more damning statement is that halfway through the game I had already decided I would not go for 100% since it seems like no good can come from that.

For a good reccomendation your post is pretty negative

I mean, I don't think I'd enjoy BK if I stopped to play it nowadays and this is somehow worse?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I own a PS4 and just use the same gamepad for both. Xbox controllers of any stripe have always felt bad to me

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like the Xbox one controller for ease of use but it's too thick around the triggers, it makes hand hurt if I hold down one of the bumpers for too long.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

There's pretty much no reason to not have an xbone controller for PC gaming ever since they started making the ones with Bluetooth.

Everything else works fine.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Samuringa posted:

For a good reccomendation your post is pretty negative

I mean, I don't think I'd enjoy BK if I stopped to play it nowadays and this is somehow worse?

Most people agree that if you don't like BK, you won't like YL. I happen to like both, but it being a clear step-down from its predecessor is frustrating.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

raditts posted:

I don't think any of the computers in this house have Bluetooth.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Xbox controllers are certainly more convenient with PC games, but I don't like the asymmetrical sticks.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

a usb BT dongle is like $10

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Xbone controllers also work through micro usb cables.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Klyith posted:

a usb BT dongle is like $10

Yeah and they drop inputs from anything more than a foot away

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Steam controller is interesting and I like it but I could never recommend it. The shoulders are bad, the touchpads are divisive, and it works best if you fiddle with the settings and find something that works for different games and genres. I don't think most people particularly enjoy fiddling with controller configurations.

Speaking of controllers, why do Nintendo and Xbox controllers have different ABXY button layouts?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

tap my mountain posted:

Moana was way better than I expected, I thought it couldn't end without Maui saving the day, but it really is Moana's movie from start to finish

I'm surprised I liked a couple of the songs, i usually don't care for musicals or songs in Disney movies.

I just saw Moana today and I liked it quite a bit. I've seen the songs like a million times on youtube (because of my kid) but I also still kind of like them. Most of the songs were written by the same guy who wrote Hamilton (Lin-Manuel Miranda) so I wasn't too surprised to like them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Moana was okay

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This is the second time I've seen someone say this recently, and it's weird to me because my most recent desktop is like 4-5 years old and has it onboard, and every laptop I've had going back to a few years before that has as well. I just assumed that they were just ubiquitous now, especially considering like every non-PC consumer electronic seems to have it too.

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah and they drop inputs from anything more than a foot away

I bought one for my PC that didn't have one for like $5 off amazon and it's worked like a champ v:confused:v

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 17, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Steam controller is interesting and I like it but I could never recommend it. The shoulders are bad, the touchpads are divisive, and it works best if you fiddle with the settings and find something that works for different games and genres. I don't think most people particularly enjoy fiddling with controller configurations.

Speaking of controllers, why do Nintendo and Xbox controllers have different ABXY button layouts?

ms had be using those letters since the days of like their sidewinder pad or whatever it was called for windows pre-xbox and they put them in the left to right alphabetic order because they are american i guess or maybe to copy the US playstation layout

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My PC doesn't have Bluetooth but everything in it is from 2011 so

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I gotta say, I don't care for Easter as a holiday, but using it as an excuse to have apple pie and ice cream sure is stellar. :D

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

Ashley Riot is a really good video game protagonist name

a riot also makes for a great vanity plate

Guy Mann posted:

I would have much rather had a movie about him and Jemaine Clement Bowie Crab feuding their way through pacific islander mythology than yet another movie about a spunky young woman with cute animal sidekicks finding her place in the world.

pacific islander mythology is either way too :black101: or way too :gizz: to be in a disney movie

i mean one of our core myths is that one of the progenitors fucks their kid and has a deformed inbred baby, so they kill it and bury it so nobody else finds out but then it grows into the taro plant

PantsBandit posted:

Moana owns and there needs to be a Moana/Lilo & Stitch crossover.

they need to bring back the deleted scene where the tourists take photos of lilo because "oh my god it's a real native" like she's in some kind of fuckin safari for rich people

but it was deleted because it was too loving real

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hi i doubleposted because i thought i replied to the steam thread

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread