Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I appreciate TressFX as much as the next person, but loving Nioh's gameplay even when it got reduced to a pixelated 720p mess with LOD-drop two feet in front of you made me realize that graphics maybe aren't everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

no everyone, I have the biggest dick.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Have they said anything about changes they might be making in Battlefront 2? I'd buy it if it was more like battlefield and less of whatever the gently caress that last one was.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The star wars one? I seem to remember a bigger single player focus talked about. Which is be all over.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Apparently there's an actual single player campaign that takes place after Return of the Jedi and the multiplayer will span all three time periods, but there hasn't really been much more concrete info. I guess they are revamping how heroes work so it's not determined by how quickly you can rush to the power up (which was always a loving stupid mechanic).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Apparently there's an actual single player campaign that takes place after Return of the Jedi and the multiplayer will span all three time periods, but there hasn't really been much more concrete info. I guess they are revamping how heroes work so it's not determined by how quickly you can rush to the power up (which was always a loving stupid mechanic).

They had rotating modes as well. Maybe expanding on that? Or when you respawn sometimes you get a chance to be a hero. That would punish someone who never dies (but they dont need help) but then if your great you never get to be awesome. I wonder if it will have a mandatory $50 season pass or if I will play in a year after launch?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am no poo poo more interested than the single player campaign than I probably should be, because the sound design and feeling of being in a star war was incredible in the first game but I wanted to actual do star war things instead of just get stomped by at ats over and over and recognize the harsh futility of life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Single player is good, but I really want the machines/customization/classes to work like battlefield before I'd bother with it. That power up system was profoundly unsatisfying

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I saw that link to a Hori M+KB thing and sure, do what you want but the idea of buying a console and then spending $150 for a mouse and keyboard for that seems funny.

I spent $120 for my PC mouse and keyboard and I use them for hours every day on other things besides games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Failboattootoot posted:

What do you mean by ending? I'd say it had the best ending in the series but I would be specifically talking about the point where you enter the final area to the actual end. If you mean the last few chapters then sure ok.

FFXV was a bad game but I can't decide if it was just a bad game or if it was a good jrpg and its just that jrpgs are universally bad

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

fridge corn posted:

FFXV was a bad game but I can't decide if it was just a bad game or if it was a good jrpg and its just that jrpgs are universally bad

It was a bad game and a bad JRPG

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

fridge corn posted:

It was both a bad game AND jrpgs are universally bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno how anyone in their right mind could get excited for singleplayer developed by :dice:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dunno how anyone in their right mind could get excited for singleplayer developed by :dice:

The missions were the funnest part of the first game. And good. Sooooooo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bad Company had a good single player...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

They're good when not trying to copy COD

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fuzz posted:

Get a XIM..

XIM is the opposite of what I want. I hate gaming at a desk. Roccat Sova with a living room PC was my solution.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I liked battlefield 1's campaign, a few chapters were weak but overall the best single player DICE has done recently. I also think it'll be easier to make an interesting campaign out of star wars compared to battlefield.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll probably buy Battlefront 2 on sale next year if it actually has a proper single player this time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I like Mirror's Edge videogames.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will probably rent Battlefront 2 for the campaign.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only dice campaign I truly loving hated was battlefield 3. I even kind of enjoyed 4. Bad company 2 was legit good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The only dice campaign I truly loving hated was battlefield 3. I even kind of enjoyed 4. Bad company 2 was legit good.

Bad Company 1 and 2 are the most fun BF games for me (SP that is). I loved the characters and how they treat them as poor bastards instead of the uber operators you end playing on 3 and 4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh sorry I forgot about bad company my bad.

The main number series have terrible singleplayer though.

I think I played about twenty minutes of 4 before turning it off and playing the multi.

Hardline wasn't TOO bad up to a point (great voice cast) but Dice didn't make that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I know a nice PC is going to look better. My point is that console games look so good now that demanding high end PC gaming is like the game equivalent of being an audiophile nerd that acts like a normal stereos are just totally unacceptable. It's not like its like the end of last gen where the consoles were so old that the difference was night and day. You are looking at something only marginally better. Console games look really drat good now and better hardware is much more diminishing returns than it used to be.

And after checking out plenty of stuff on max pc settings and PS pro performance modes I'm convinced it's 75% placebo effect where people are telling themselves that the regular PS4 version of stuff looks much worse than it actually does. I was bouncing around different modes in Horizon on my friends PS4 pro on a 4k TV the other day, and both of us agreed the differences were almost unnoticeable outside of HDR mode which looked a little different. That didn't stop a bunch of people from going "woah you gotta play Horizon on a pro!" because they just assumed that it looked much worse on OG ps4 than it actually does.

Like. In the case of Witcher. I know linking Youtube videos is generally unfair, but all the stuff you listed as selling points are things you dont need a 4K video or anything to see. Do these hair and lighting and weather effects differences honestly look ridonkulous to you? Yeah I guess the horse hair looks better with the magic of NVidia Hairworks ™ lol. But this is not night and day.

The actual reason to play witcher 3 on PC isn't because it looks better but because a decent PC won't drop to goddamn 10 FPS during certain fights like I experienced on the PS4 version. I bought the game a second time once I had a PC that could run it and it was leagues better for performance alone.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
No no frame rates are a myth and a human eye just can't even tell the difference if it's over like 7.2 frames per second anyway.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Perhaps some people are just in a permanent state of chronostasis

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Digirat posted:

The actual reason to play witcher 3 on PC isn't because it looks better but because a decent PC won't drop to goddamn 10 FPS during certain fights like I experienced on the PS4 version. I bought the game a second time once I had a PC that could run it and it was leagues better for performance alone.

Witcher 3 boost mode on latest ps4 patch is very solid. They finally did it after 3 years. cdpr rules

I personally want to see a dev release a game with smooth performance at the cost of entire areas of the map having no alpha or lighting effects or an entire wireframe bog.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 16, 2017

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Witcher 3 boost mode on latest ps4 patch is very solid. They finally did it after 3 years. cdpr rules
They didn't do that though

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

veni veni veni posted:

Single player is good, but I really want the machines/customization/classes to work like battlefield before I'd bother with it. That power up system was profoundly unsatisfying

Classes are being brought back with customization, no season pass, hero tokens are gone replaced with a resource system.

There's a panel that you can find on YouTube from Celebration this weekend.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

They didn't do that though

They did the patches that got it within striking distance

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Classes are being brought back with customization, no season pass, hero tokens are gone replaced with a resource system.

There's a panel that you can find on YouTube from Celebration this weekend.

Nice. Any word on if you can just spawn into an xwing etc vs having to fight over a pickup?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I never did figure out exactly why Battlefront was so much less engaging to me than Battlefield games, so I dunno if any of that stuff would fix it for me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

that and most of the best indie games are already on vita, an actual handheld system

As opposed to Switch, the console whose entire gimmick is that it doubles as a handheld system?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

veni veni veni posted:

Nice. Any word on if you can just spawn into an xwing etc vs having to fight over a pickup?

Not sure but they did talk about giant space battles. Also apparently progression for heroes and vehicles Wil be separated.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The WiiU (the WiiU !!!!)even looks like a good system when juxtaposed with the Switch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's because the Wii U is a good system

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

As opposed to Switch, the console whose entire gimmick is that it doubles as a handheld system?

The entire gimmick for Nintendo systems is actually that they have Nintendo games. Everything else is ultimately secondary.

Nobody should brag about having INDIEEEEES in their lineup because literally everything can have indies now. They are never a selling point for anyone unless you're the person who makes or religiously posts NeoGaf-esque images of game line ups, desperately trying to inflate (or marginalize) what is available on a given platform in Year One or Year Five.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Detective No. 27 posted:

The gimmick is that it attaches to a TV not that it's a handheld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

homeless snail posted:

That's because the Wii U is a good system

What's its metacritic score?