Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

duz posted:

Ok, I can't watch this anymore, Crow just pronounced GIF the incorrect way.

This was seriously disheartening and probably the worst thing so far about this new season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That's cute, he seemed like a real nice guy. :unsmith:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really don't think they sound alike - Jonah just has a deeper voice and a little less range when he's imitating someone or singing. Baron has a very particular and identifiable voice, it's just not Kevin Murphy's (nor is it Josh Weinstein's). They do both have a particular "Yikes! Get me outta here!" kind of voice that sounds similar. but again, Jonah's is deeper.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

duz posted:

Ok, I can't watch this anymore, Crow just pronounced GIF the incorrect way.

He also emitted the Howie scream after offering to provide Jonah with a Wilhelm scream!
:goonsay:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

InfiniteZero posted:

I once spoke to Luigi Cozzi (aka Lewis Coates) about Starcrash (*) and the basic answer to any continuity or logic question is "because it was fun to do that". He's the directorial embodiment of the "you should really just relax" line from the MST3K song. He's a cool dude.

(*) you can too if you're in Rome - he runs a horror shop with Dario Argento (it's called "Profondo Rosso") and he's often there and he's very amicable and ready to talk about his stuff or movies in general ... I highly recommend taking a tour of the basement where they keep a bunch of movie props from his and Argento's films (including the robots from Starcrash!)

poo poo, I was in Rome last week, and according to Google Maps, I was only a few blocks from here. Wish I had known about this earlier.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

BlackJosh posted:

This was seriously disheartening and probably the worst thing so far about this new season

Which way's wrong?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Yo, Beast of Hollow Mountain rules.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm being a bit superficial, but was Felicia Day pregnant when this was being made? Kinga's suit isn't very flattering.

e: oh my lord a Shining Time Station reference. I could die and go to heaven. Shining. Time. loving. Station.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 17, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

InfiniteZero posted:

I once spoke to Luigi Cozzi (aka Lewis Coates) about Starcrash (*) and the basic answer to any continuity or logic question is "because it was fun to do that". He's the directorial embodiment of the "you should really just relax" line from the MST3K song. He's a cool dude.

(*) you can too if you're in Rome - he runs a horror shop with Dario Argento (it's called "Profondo Rosso") and he's often there and he's very amicable and ready to talk about his stuff or movies in general ... I highly recommend taking a tour of the basement where they keep a bunch of movie props from his and Argento's films (including the robots from Starcrash!)

Luigi Cozzi infamously made a batshit insane colorized version of the Americanization of the original Godzilla. Pretty neat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, what was Acton's deal in Starcrash?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

He's a robot... android... jedi... guy? I don't loving know... He has a lightsaber illumination sword though.

MisterBibs posted:

I'm being a bit superficial, but was Felicia Day pregnant when this was being made? Kinga's suit isn't very flattering.

Probably. She gave birth to her daughter not that long ago.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

He is whatever the plot needs him to be at any given point.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He's Marjoe Gortner.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

ja2ke posted:

Which way's wrong?

All of them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She absolutely was, yeah. Pretty far along too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They did a mad Carnie Wilson filter on the Moon 13 scenes, and probably chose the head-on, shoulders-and-up shots to hide her pregnancy, and also maybe to make Patton look a little better too. I think they did a really good job hiding her pregnancy. Way better than most shows, though most shows have their characters present for more than five minutes an episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

He's Marjoe Gortner.

But believe it or not, he's NOT William Katt.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Episode 9:

"WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!" when the alarm in the movie started blaring cracked me up a lot. This one has a lot of good riffs so far.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Burkion posted:

She absolutely was, yeah. Pretty far along too.

6 months, according to the Kickstarter live Q&A from last Sunday.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Who was the random other host they show in the screen in the purple jumpsuit? What the heck was that all about?

e: This last episode: opens with Crow and Tom saying they'd hoped that Jonah was sort of a combination of Joel and Mike and then Jonah building a bot that's basically just Rowlf from the Muppets. I like this revival.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 17, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kor, the first barbarian with Dad Bod.

So I finally found out the lyric in the opening that has confused me.

I always thought the lyric went "and the monitor is mine" or maybe "and the monitor is mined", which don't really make sense, but it's actually "and I'll monitor his mind". Only took me like 25 years to figure that out.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"In this scene, Yongary will be playing the part of the audience!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait, who was the dude in the purple Gizmonic institute outfit at the end of Carnival Magic?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barudak posted:

Wait, who was the dude in the purple Gizmonic institute outfit at the end of Carnival Magic?

Huh? I didn't see anything because it doesn't exist...

Probably a callback to the letter with the kid's drawing of two SoLs. Or maybe playing into Kinga's whole media mogul thing where she has a bunch of versions of the experiment going for different markets.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I just watched Yongary.

Oh my loving god did the monster just bleed out of its rear end in a top hat?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alehkhs posted:

He also emitted the Howie scream after offering to provide Jonah with a Wilhelm scream!
:goonsay:

Ok good, I'm not the only one that caught that as well.

Barudak posted:

There were 30 some kickstarter backers who bought cameo spots, I assume that's one of them?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Howie scream is superior and underused across cinema history so I was just happy to hear it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I just watched Yongary.

Oh my loving god did the monster just bleed out of its rear end in a top hat?

I'm not sure if that or (Carnival Magic)the chimp attempting suicide is the most unexpectedly dark turn in the season's movies. To be fair, I know they were sort of going for a King Kong style tragedy with Yongary.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

duz posted:

There were 30 some kickstarter backers who bought cameo spots, I assume that's one of them?

Ohhhhh, that would make sense. Joel is supposedly going to be doing a lot more interviews on the website this time. I'd be very interested in some of how this season was made. I think there are some issues with the editing at times, but given that they filmed everything in the space of two weeks (and the host segments were all in like two days, it's kind of incredible it's as good as it is. The blooper reels for this season would be fun to watch.

e: The Benny Hill Theme while the scientists run from the rubber parrot, ahahahaa. This is going to be a good episode.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 17, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom 2 was entertaining just for how clearly loving hammered David Carradine is through the entire thing.

That and a beard randomly appearing and disappearing from his character depending on which day the scene was shot :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The host segments are where you can really see the shooting schedule, because they leave in a fair number of flubs. And the rap from the first episode has Jonah and the bots knocking over a bunch of the laser-cut diorama pieces but just keeping going because gently caress it, we can't do a second take.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MisterBibs posted:

e: oh my lord a Shining Time Station reference. I could die and go to heaven. Shining. Time. loving. Station.

If your mother is pregnant with you in a movie or TV show do you get retroactive credits when born?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

The host segments are where you can really see the shooting schedule, because they leave in a fair number of flubs. And the rap from the first episode has Jonah and the bots knocking over a bunch of the laser-cut diorama pieces but just keeping going because gently caress it, we can't do a second take.

I actually liked that. It felt like a very Joel moment with the innocent goofy flub.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

duz posted:

Ah, that is likely the answer to the question.

The Howie scream instead of Wilhelm scream joke killed me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

That one I actually really love, watching Jonah knock poo poo over as he struggles to find any space left on the console. It sort of adds to the humor of it. The ones cutting the takes together not as much.

This last episode might be my favorite of the season. Tom doing the Alice Caterpillar, the steampunk sketch, the running "All we are sayyyyyying" gag, the Stanford Prison experiment quip... It's just got a lot going for it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to anything, I just started watching Samson Vs the Vampire Women again. And Mike makes a joke saying "Someone taped over Seinfeld!" and I remember watching that at the time going "oh yeah, I should watch that show."

Remembering that made me feel loving ancient.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Evil Mastermind posted:

I actually liked that. It felt like a very Joel moment with the innocent goofy flub.

Agreed. In general I feel like S11 is closer to Joel era than Mike era in terms of tone. Which I like.

I'm really happy with this season, there hasn't been a weak episode yet IMO.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I'd be real curious how popular this show is. Kickstarter was a runaway success, but does that mean Netflix or some other producer would front the bill for another season, or will they do a another crowd funding approach I wonder.

Can't help but imagine everyone involved would be down for another season- they look like they're havin' a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Ape of Naples posted:

Unrelated to anything, I just started watching Samson Vs the Vampire Women again. And Mike makes a joke saying "Someone taped over Seinfeld!" and I remember watching that at the time going "oh yeah, I should watch that show."

Remembering that made me feel loving ancient.

I just watched Invasion of the Neptune Men for the first time. Daamn.