Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pakled posted:

Uh, Garrison, shearing sheep is good for them. I know you're going for a "sheeple" thing but sheep that don't get sheared look like this

and they have a hard time seeing and moving and are at risk of overheating. You could have chosen a better metaphor if you're trying to say "taxes are bad."

dont diss natural hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Angepain posted:

really the fact that she didn't hang herself on live TV and/or hand herself in to the local police station for all crimes anyone ever accused her of to be carted around the country for crowds to throw rotten fruit at is enough to enrage most of these guys
Wait, are we making fun of conservative cartoonists or C-SPAM? :v:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pakled posted:

Uh, Garrison, shearing sheep is good for them. I know you're going for a "sheeple" thing but sheep that don't get sheared look like this

and they have a hard time seeing and moving and are at risk of overheating. You could have chosen a better metaphor if you're trying to say "taxes are bad."

Probably less good when you're peeling up flesh with the razor though.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Prism posted:

Thing is, they've been complaining about taxes long enough that they're perfectly trained to never mention any numbers. (To avoid Alley-like "numbers keep going down, you fuckers keep on bitching" fiascoes).

How high is "too high"? Whatever it is right now, no matter what the numbers are. Certainly whatever it was in those halcyon days of the 1950's they keep valorizing.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's endlessly absurd that Stantis has brought back Hunny Bunny apropos of nothing.

Clinton came "out of the woods" a couple weeks ago.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Xander77 posted:

Thing is, they've been complaining about taxes long enough that they're perfectly trained to never mention any numbers. (To avoid Alley-like "numbers keep going down, you fuckers keep on bitching" fiascoes).

How high is "too high"? Whatever it is right now, no matter what the numbers are. Certainly whatever it was in those halcyon days of the 1950's they keep valorizing.

Oh, I agree. It's just that the picture doesn't show the good kind of shearing (because it's peeling up flesh). It's a decent image for something good that's gone too far.

Which the US definitely hasn't. Taxes, and the things they can fund, are good. That part's all on Garrison's weird perceptions.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

you should just have these people guillotined at this point tbh, sorry about ur dogshit country where things like this are acceptable

Tha_Joker_GAmer fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 16, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

ooooooo boy, here we go

I can neither confirm nor deny making any weathervane-related suggestions to local hero Bruce MacKinnon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Prism posted:

But wouldn't sheering the sheep be a better metaphor for unclouding all the wool from their eyes? Guy can't think outside of punishment for his enemies.

Oh wait, he thinks taxes are bad and this is about the fact that yes, even in republican hands, Trumpy is gonna take your money to fund his golfing and other expenses. How far removed are Republicans from anarchists in that they want a not state to exist that benefits them without being an actual government?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 16, 2017

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I find it disgustingly ironic that he says what he says in the blurb, about the rich exploiting tax code with laywers, while also slurpin Trump's gerkin. Hey Ben, what was that about Trump not paying taxes by finding ways to exploit tax code? Oh it's not the same thing? Alright Ben :downsgun:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
So you have to turn in your guns now when filing taxes? #MAGA

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/4/15/1653370/-Trump-Thinks-He-s-Prince-Charming-Demands-Royal-Carriage-Ride-for-UK-Visit

Do the last three months count?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

"Liberals, especially on campuses, are having a hard time understanding what free speech means. A lot of people on the left think free speech means that only speech I agree with."

Branco thinks the first amendment was established to protect giant assholes from criticism they don't agree with.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I personally think it's really cool and good how people think "I have free speech" is a good immediate defense for their views. There's no greater endorsement for a particular position than "it's not literally illegal for me to say this". Taking that kind of stand requires a lot of courage, imo

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Prism posted:

Which is impossible with machine shears. It's like showing someone accidentally cutting off their jaw while shaving.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Munchables posted:

I find it disgustingly ironic that he says what he says in the blurb, about the rich exploiting tax code with laywers, while also slurpin Trump's gerkin. Hey Ben, what was that about Trump not paying taxes by finding ways to exploit tax code? Oh it's not the same thing? Alright Ben :downsgun:

Basically libertarians are people who look at the rich getting away with paying almost nothing, decide to do that themselves, fail because it takes a lot of actual work, substantial expertise, and a hefty amount of starting cash, then scream at the Government for making it so hard to cheat. Note that one of his primary concerns is the fact that the tax code is really long- you can just tell he sat down at his computer and pulled up a .pdf in order to figure out how to get away with paying nothing (just like Orange Daddy), then balked as soon as he saw that it might take actual effort.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The most damning indicator of bloated government overreach: taxes. Literally any taxes at all. The best governments are those that don't tax anyone. They're highly efficient and just.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HAT FETISH posted:

I personally think it's really cool and good how people think "I have free speech" is a good immediate defense for their views. There's no greater endorsement for a particular position than "it's not literally illegal for me to say this". Taking that kind of stand requires a lot of courage, imo

People kinda forget that "free speech" and "immunity from consequences" are not the same thing.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Tell that to the fascists before they start plugging their ears screaming "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES CANT TAKE IT"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Somfin posted:

Basically libertarians are people who look at the rich getting away with paying almost nothing, decide to do that themselves, fail because it takes a lot of actual work, substantial expertise, and a hefty amount of starting cash, then scream at the Government for making it so hard to cheat. Note that one of his primary concerns is the fact that the tax code is really long- you can just tell he sat down at his computer and pulled up a .pdf in order to figure out how to get away with paying nothing (just like Orange Daddy), then balked as soon as he saw that it might take actual effort.

Actually you just need the cash.
The rest comes with and you can kick up and enjoy another round of golf.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Actually you just need the cash.
The rest comes with and you can kick up and enjoy another round of golf.

Well yeah, you mostly buy the work and expertise off of other people who make all of their money off of "knowing how to play the game." Garrison and his ilk think that self-made billionaires are actually self-made when they really just buy poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oh no! If big government takes my excess wool so close to summer I might be...more comfortable?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The U.S. dropped the biggest non nuke bomb ever on ISIS caves in Afghanistan last week. The bomb is so huge it has to be loaded into a C-130 transport and then shoved out the back door over the target (here’s a good ABC video if you don’t mind a 16 second commercial). The name of the bomb is GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB). Or Mother Of All Bombs.

There’s speculation that Steve Banon’s career in the White House is also turning into the mother of all bombs. He’s the guy most responsible for bringing in the “deplorable” vote which got Trump elected. But now Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and economic advisor Gary Cohn seem to be pushing the president in a more moderate direction.

That is if you consider dropping the Mother of all Bombs moderate.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Garrison wouldn't virtue signal.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Perfect timing, as always.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is incoherent even by :tinsley: standards

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

At least he's not talking about black people camping anymore.

Actually, wait, I just realized this is the Sunday cartoon. Tinsley loves jerking off every Christmas about how he's the only one who will say "Jesus", yet the actual most important Christian holiday he's too busy complaining about college students to mention it. That about says it all, I think.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

HootTheOwl posted:

Garrison wouldn't virtue signal.
idk what that means but he often throws in banal virtue labels like "REALITY" and "TRUTH"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gazpacho posted:

idk what that means but he often throws in banal virtue labels like "REALITY" and "TRUTH"

In theory, "virtue signalling" means you tell everyone how enlightened and compassionate you are to get credit without actually doing anything to help people. In practice, it means "yes, I'm a racist, sexist, hateful person, but anyone who calls me out on it is just doing it to show off, so I maintain the moral high ground."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

At least he's not talking about black people camping anymore.

Actually, wait, I just realized this is the Sunday cartoon. Tinsley loves jerking off every Christmas about how he's the only one who will say "Jesus", yet the actual most important Christian holiday he's too busy complaining about college students to mention it. That about says it all, I think.
He regularly forgets holidays. Like, he's had at least TWO cartoons that are him saying "Oh poo poo sorry I forget Veteran's Day."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

He regularly forgets holidays. Like, he's had at least TWO cartoons that are him saying "Oh poo poo sorry I forget Veteran's Day."

What about Squirrel Appreciation Day?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Hm, I wonder who else in history considered a class of people to be undermining cultural values, subhuman, and viable subjects for inhumane experimentation?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FaradayCage posted:

Perfect timing, as always.

I saw it mentioned, but haven't heard anything since yesterday. Did anything happen at Berkley?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

I saw it mentioned, but haven't heard anything since yesterday. Did anything happen at Berkley?

A nazi punched someone he disagreed with.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/mallardfillmore/status/827271949294329856

🤔

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That two week delay. :allears:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
That is almost too perfect.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
I'll say.

God that beak. You can never tell if Mallard is supposed to be moving his mouth or not.

I dunno. Thanks for the news, Starry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's endlessly absurd that Stantis has brought back Hunny Bunny apropos of nothing.

Clinton has actually showed up recently -- probably more recently than Prickly City's two-week lead time -- to do some interviews and get back in the public eye. I hate to agree with Stantis on anything, but having her say, "Hey, we should bomb Syria's airfields over this chemical weapons thing" literally right before Trump did it made me want to ask her to stay gone, too.

• Locked thread