Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does anyone have decent quality maps of the stages WITHOUT labels? I need the layout of Chalet for a tabletop game.

You can turn off labels on r6maps.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does anyone have decent quality maps of the stages WITHOUT labels? I need the layout of Chalet for a tabletop game.

Please share when finished

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's nothing exciting, I'm running Edge of the Empire and I like the​ layout of Chalet.

They ARE going in to capture someone hiding though so it's kinda exciting I guess?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I would play this

Basticle fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 13, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They'll just release zombie-themed headgear cosmetics and that's it. Anyone who thinks they're going to dedicate any money towards content expansion beyond more operators is delusional. :sigh:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Basticle posted:

I would play this

So tired of zombie poo poo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They'll just release zombie-themed headgear cosmetics and that's it. Anyone who thinks they're going to dedicate any money towards content expansion beyond more operators is delusional. :sigh:

Its just a fan made poster though? :confused:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Basticle posted:

Cup Has no sense of humor. He is a shootin dudes in the face robot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basticle posted:

And? I'm responding to the idea that Ubisoft might ever invest anything but the bare minimum into expanding this game. :confused:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Devs done a pretty good job so far despite the shackle of ubi

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

PlanB please ban.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

PlanB please ban.

You shouldn't ban PlanB. Women have a right to choose.

Flipswitch posted:

Devs done a pretty good job so far despite the shackle of ubi

I'm shocked they haven't pushed out a sequel instead of a second season. That's more Ubi's style.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 14, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/BrilliantGoldenBlackfootedferret

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
someone tell the turbonerds in this loving game callouts are more than just RIGHT THERE TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT at max volume ad infinitum

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tell them yourself

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

plehsistential posted:

someone tell the turbonerds in this loving game callouts are more than just RIGHT THERE TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT at max volume ad infinitum

*sitting in a room with multiple entrances* "DUDE THE DOOR! CHECK THE DOOR" *gets shot in the back of the head because I checked the wrong door*

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

plehsistential posted:

Or that after 20 seconds the dude has PROBABLY MOVED and you should stop yelling at me to go peek where he definitely isn't any more

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And? I'm responding to the idea that Ubisoft might ever invest anything but the bare minimum into expanding this game. :confused:

yeah a zombie fps takes a lot of resources

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Koramei posted:

Where the hell are you all playing? I have like 300 hours in this game and while I've seen a fair share of douchy comments, I've literally never seen stuff like that.

So I turned voice chat on again for the first time since I started playing and, well, I revise this stance.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did you know that Ash is voiced by the woman who did the lovely Zelda voice in Breath of the Wild?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CJ posted:

Did you know that Ash is voiced by the woman who did the lovely Zelda voice in Breath of the Wild?

I would pay a lot of money to hear Zelda say, "When I was little, my savta taught me that 'Silence was a women's best garment'. But, I have to admit, I never really took her advice to heart."

At that point she hands Link a Jewel encrusted G36C. Man, my head canon is loving sick.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 16, 2017

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

https://streamable.com/h4ucf

Shocking people to death will never get old.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I had someone last night give me some decent information about an incoming enemy but then didn't approve of my ambush location and started abusing me while the enemy was approaching while giving no alternatives. :v:

Also "Throw your smoke, Smoke" from a spectator with no indication of where it should be going or where the enemy was spotted is not helpful.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 16, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I had a clutch ace where I killed 4 guys as Jäger (peeking from the windows to kill 2, and sprinting into objective while they were securing to kill 2 more) and I was out of ammo and whipped out my pistol to finish off a wounded guy, then in the objective room was Montagne, backed into a corner, and I held him up at gunpoint. For approximately 45 seconds I had to listen to 3 guys screaming contradicting orders at me like "Reload your loving assault rifle loving noob!!" and "Watch out, for Sledge, watch out for sledge!!" (He was dead) while I waited for him to make a move.

I finished him with a single headshot when he went for an aimed shot but holy hell that was the longest minute of my life.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhNUNBSIH40

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

*sitting in a room with multiple entrances* "DUDE THE DOOR! CHECK THE DOOR" *gets shot in the back of the head because I checked the wrong door*

Spectators hear differently things than the player because why not

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

plehsistential posted:

Also callouts are useful but there's a loving limit. Once you tell me where he is, unless something changes shut the gently caress up. I was playing with some 13-year-old who would not stop for 5 seconds, I couldn't concentrate. "HE'S COMING UP THE STAIRS HE'S COMING UP THE STAIRS HE'S COMING UP THE STAIRS HE'S COMING UP THE STAIRS"

Okay dude I get it shut up and let me play the game! I can't think straight with you in my ear non-stop.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Mute first, shoot later.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

slap me and kiss me posted:

Mute first, shoot later.

Yeah but taking a second to mute mid-round can get you shot. Definitely muted him after I died though.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

When people make repeated calls just ask "can you see them?" If the answer is anything but yes just pretend the call out never happened

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but taking a second to mute mid-round can get you shot. Definitely muted him after I died though.

You misunderstand me; mute when the match starts.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

slap me and kiss me posted:

You misunderstand me; mute when the match starts.

But how would you know ahead of time? You'd have to mute everyo-- Oh.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Dropping down to Silver II was the best thing that ever happened to me. Games are insanely fun, things feel more fair. I'm not getting wiped out from people I never even spotted. It's instilled a love for this game that I 100% lost due to all the complete beatings I was regularly receiving.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sounds like the matchmaking found your proper rank, congrats man!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sounds like the matchmaking found your proper rank, congrats man!

Cheers man, it's amazing how big a boost to enjoyment you can get when you're actually matched against people your own skill level.

That being said, I ragequit for the night. I was doing great, but I kept dying to stupid mistakes. Errors in judgement, not trusting my gut. Couple of examples:

- I was Hibana, it was the airplane map. Echo and Caveira were stuck in the office room to the far left of the plane, and we had them pinned down. I downed Caveira and saw on my drone in the room that Echo was just about to revive her. I sprint in to kill them both, but just as I enter the room, Cav is revived and they both blow my face off. I realised how dumb I was for not at least throwing a flashbang inside to blind them.
- I was Caveira, camping in the plane, being as quiet as possible to hear enemy footsteps. I hear some, jump out, down a player and interrogate them. I spot two enemies rushing headlong to my position. Instead of running away to get a better attack position, I stupidly charge towards them. I get blown to pieces instantly by both Glaz and Thermite. If I had just decided to run off and attack from a different direction, I'd have gotten them both.
- Different map, it was the one with the bank vault. I stay hidden on some stairs and hear footsteps. I spot an enemy, down them, and start interrogating, before realising her two teammates are right there but just didn't spot me. Instantly after interrogating, I try shooting them to death with my pistol, but 2v1 are bad odds and I die.

Stuff like that really frustrates me, cause I know I could have done better, but 20/20 hindsight vision always has me beating myself up over mistakes. I also got really annoyed during a game cause I was hiding as Cav and an idiot teammate came running beside me to hide when he had a drone on his tail, so my position got given away: "Dude, are you serious, bringing a loving drone here?" and then he just teamkills me. Oops.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah platinum level ranked is like 50% really good teams that can be fun to face if you're on top of your game and 50% teams that are total loving horseshit and are insanely unfun to face.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Loopoo posted:

Cheers man, it's amazing how big a boost to enjoyment you can get when you're actually matched against people your own skill level.

That being said, I ragequit for the night. I was doing great, but I kept dying to stupid mistakes. Errors in judgement, not trusting my gut. Couple of examples:

- I was Hibana, it was the airplane map. Echo and Caveira were stuck in the office room to the far left of the plane, and we had them pinned down. I downed Caveira and saw on my drone in the room that Echo was just about to revive her. I sprint in to kill them both, but just as I enter the room, Cav is revived and they both blow my face off. I realised how dumb I was for not at least throwing a flashbang inside to blind them.
- I was Caveira, camping in the plane, being as quiet as possible to hear enemy footsteps. I hear some, jump out, down a player and interrogate them. I spot two enemies rushing headlong to my position. Instead of running away to get a better attack position, I stupidly charge towards them. I get blown to pieces instantly by both Glaz and Thermite. If I had just decided to run off and attack from a different direction, I'd have gotten them both.
- Different map, it was the one with the bank vault. I stay hidden on some stairs and hear footsteps. I spot an enemy, down them, and start interrogating, before realising her two teammates are right there but just didn't spot me. Instantly after interrogating, I try shooting them to death with my pistol, but 2v1 are bad odds and I die.

Stuff like that really frustrates me, cause I know I could have done better, but 20/20 hindsight vision always has me beating myself up over mistakes. I also got really annoyed during a game cause I was hiding as Cav and an idiot teammate came running beside me to hide when he had a drone on his tail, so my position got given away: "Dude, are you serious, bringing a loving drone here?" and then he just teamkills me. Oops.

I feel ya, I've failed a couple of clutches that seriously just never go away. I think about them months later.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/a7cnz

Fuze charges are once again a neverending source of amusement.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Extremely good that they changed it so you need four votes instead of 3 to kick some jackass from your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

my kinda ape posted:

Extremely good that they changed it so you need four votes instead of 3 to kick some jackass from your team.

And then you get the one guy who doesn't vote, thus ensuring you still get to play with said jackass.

Also, the difficulty spike from silver to gold is ridiculous. Like you immediately get thrown into try-hard valley, complete with "how the gently caress did he kill me through that bullet-sized killhole," or "there's no loving way he knew I was coming." But when I play predominantly silvers, it's generally easy.

Also also, who do you guys think would be a good contender for the next elite skin. Definitely need a defender to even it out. I would say GSG9 should get one, but (and this is probably me being ignorant), I can't think of a retro style outfit that isn't Nazi related.

Nickname Pending fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread